A new IMU firmware update (v1.2) is now available for Ronin-M
6486 19 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

A new IMU firmware update (v1.2) is now available for your Ronin-M. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/downloadto download and update your Ronin-M.

Major Updates
*Updated the IMU firmware to v1.2 which enhances the overheating protection function of the motors.

2015-6-2
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

updated via mac osx.  download and installed update in the updates bar. then i click update, after it comes up with the ''Upgrade success! Please power cycle device!''   i turn off the ronin and reconnect, then in updates it says the imu is running 1.1  click to update to 1.2   ive tried it a few times now and still comes back with the same 1.1 firmware installed on the ronin-m
2015-6-3
Use props
not2slimjim
New

United States

I have same issue on PC.
2015-6-3
Use props
aricsp
lvl.1

United States

I have not done the firmware update yet, but did you both download the latest version of the "Gimbal" software first, then update the firmware? I am guessing that the new "Gimbal" application software has to be installed before it will allow you to install the latest firmware. Even if the "Gimbal" looks like the same version, reinstall the latest "Gimbal" software anyway as sometimes DJI appears to do tweaks without changing the version number.

Let me know if doing that fixes your firmware update issue.
2015-6-3
Use props
DIR_CHASE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have the same problem can someone from DJI support team please acknowledge this issue and provide a work around or other solution please.
2015-6-3
Use props
DIR_CHASE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

The firmware is not installing after it say it was successful and then ask to power cycle.
2015-6-3
Use props
DSLR Solutions
lvl.1

United States

Well, I just upgraded and as noted by others, the version number does not change after reboot, it still says 1.1 even though it looked like it the new firmware installed. I installed the latest version of the "Gimbal" application first before doing the upgrade. I hope this helps troubleshoot the issue. I am pretty sure the new firmware did get installed, but that the firmware number is something that they forgot to code in. 8-)
2015-6-3
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

Still 1.1 too..
2015-6-3
Use props
dr.l.bernardi.v
lvl.1

Italy

The same, both with PC and Mac
2015-6-3
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

with the new soft. assistant  v1.7, firmware updates ok now. Center calibration not fixed tho.
2015-6-4
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Dear Customer,

To upgrade the Ronin-M IMU 1.2, please install the Ronin-M Assistant Software v1.7 on our DJI official website
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/download

Best Regards!
DJI-Cathy
2015-6-5
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

noipego Posted at 2015-6-4 20:06
with the new soft. assistant  v1.7, firmware updates ok now. Center calibration not fixed tho.

Hi, Sir,

May I know what's the issue you have?
2015-6-5
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

Hello Cathy...i tried both usb and bluetooth center calibration but it seems that there is no effect as my pan axis is always off-center on startup (as it was before any calibration) and i am perfectly balanced.
Its not much off (no more than 2.00) ,but shouldn't calibrate center fix that? thx
2015-6-6
Use props
philip.grossman
New

United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-5 19:36
Dear Customer,

To upgrade the Ronin-M IMU 1.2, please install the Ronin-M Assistant Software v1.7 o ...

I have version 1.8 of the Assistant Software and have the same result as others when updating firmware of the Ronin-M to 1.2, it keeps reading v1.1 after several attempts, unit recycling etc...
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

philip.grossman Posted at 2015-7-20 06:40
I have version 1.8 of the Assistant Software and have the same result as others when updating firm ...

If you have a Ronin-M, please donwload the latest Ronin-M Assistant Software v1.7 to upgrade
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/download
2015-7-19
Use props
elie85
New

Lebanon

Roll smooth track is not working on ronin M when I upgraded to IMU 1.3
2015-8-20
Use props
alereynoso.cine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

philip.grossman Posted at 2015-7-20 06:40
I have version 1.8 of the Assistant Software and have the same result as others when updating firm ...

Hi:
Could you solve this?
It´s happening in our Ronin M with 2.2 assistant version
Installed 0.1 GMU and 1.1 IMU. Never updates...
In the DJI sites says latest FW is 1.4, but the assistant says the latest is 1.2
Thanks!
2016-3-13
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

Just bought a new Ronin-M which has 1.1 IMU installed, tried to update with DJI-Assistant 1.8 and the same problem occurs, update successful but tool still shows version 1.1.

Come on DJI, this is totally crap service quality! This thread is > 1 year old and no solution??

BTW: I have 1 Ronin and 2 Ronin-Ms, both the Ronin and one of the Ms developed problems rendering them unusable.

Baseline: Avoid DJI products in future.

2016-10-10
Use props
fans00e434ee
New

Nigeria

ainsworthwillia Posted at 2015-6-3 07:01
updated via mac osx.  download and installed update in the updates bar. then i click update, after it comes up with the ''Upgrade success! Please power cycle device!''   i turn off the ronin and reconnect, then in updates it says the imu is running 1.1  click to update to 1.2   ive tried it a few times now and still comes back with the same 1.1 firmware installed on the ronin-m

Please what does power cycle device mean? What am I supposed to do? It keeps coming up
2018-10-14
Use props
fans00e434ee
New

Nigeria

What should I do please
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules