Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need help with two questions on the CrystalSky
1324 4 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4d376b39
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2041 ft
United States

I have been looking at this product and I really want to be able to connect to 4G LTE.  I see that you can, but just to make sure, will this give me unlimited range as long as I have 4G LTE in the area?  Also and I think I might know this question, does it only run DJI GO and DJI GO 4?  Am I able to run other apps on the CrystalSky thru SDK on my Matrice 600 like I do on a IPAD Mini 4?
2018-11-7
Use props
cinnabun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

So from what I understand the 4G LTE ability that's referred too is only a means to provide internet connectivity to the Crystal Sky in order to Live Stream or upload while in the field directly from the CS without the need to be tethered to your phone. So you can't use 4G to fly the aircraft and as far as running other apps on the Crystal Sky you technically can.. but its not recommended. They say that it can impede the performance of the Crystal Sky. I hope in the future they do add the ability to easily add other apps than whats already loaded.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Our Crystal Sky doesn't have an SD Card slot for you to insert sim cards unless you will connect the Crystal Sky to the portable hotspot via Wi-Fi that has a capability of 4G LTE. Installing the third party application can be installed as well on our Crystal Sky, however, we're not recommending doing this as this may affect our crystal sky. Thank you for understanding. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support
2018-11-7
Use props
fans4d376b39
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2041 ft
United States

Ok, thank you for the replies.
2018-11-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

fans4d376b39 Posted at 11-7 11:39
Ok, thank you for the replies.

I see that you can, but just to make sure, will this give me unlimited range as long as I have 4G LTE in the area?

Not for flying of a drone.  DJI drones do not use 4G LTE for flying.  

4G LTE is used for connecting to Internet to transfer data.  CrystalSky does not come with 4G LTE.  

CrystalSky will connect to WiFi access point (like your home or Public WiFi router).

2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules