RC signal loss at 200m in the mountains (no interference)
1041 4 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vens
New
Flight distance : 74144 ft
China

Hi all,

I would like to see whether anyone has faced low RC signal at all and whether there is a way to fix it. I was in the mountains last week-end (in China). I live in Shanghai so nearly impossible to fly my P3 here as there is too much interference and can only fly in ATTi mode. So I patiently waited for the perfect occasion to do so.

First try, I flew it away and at about 200m, no more signal at all and the drone came back automatically happened twice in a row so that I didn't fly it more than 50m meters away from me after that because I'm not yet very confident with it.

Any clues why I face this problem at such short distance? Was under the 1.18 then and I just updated. Haven't had a chance to try it since.

Thanks in advance.
2015-6-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

You live in China? I think you can contact support to see whether you need to send the RC back for investigation.I suspect it's a RC malfunction.
2015-6-3
Use props
kalin2011
lvl.2

Canada

Lots of satellites?  Unless there's an obstruction between the rc and the drone.  It may be a problem with the antena in either.  Sounds like return to sender.
2015-6-3
Use props
mccartw
lvl.1

United States

Where were you, Vens? I live in Shanghai as well but have been in the states since May and haven't returned with my P3P yet. Looking forward to getting some footage once I return. Wasn't able to PM you but maybe we can meet up or at least stay in touch.
2015-6-3
Use props
Vens
New
Flight distance : 74144 ft
United States

mccartw@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-3 23:19
Where were you, Vens? I live in Shanghai as well but have been in the states since May and haven't r ...

Yeah sure. I was in the Anji mountains in Zhejiang province btw.  Will try the drone one more time before sending it back.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules