Timelaps with Inspire2
4802 16 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikePhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216608 ft
Italy

Someone with experience in timelaps / hyperlapse with Inpire2 and x5s? it can be done ?
Many thanks!
2018-11-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Naturally your drone must be good enough in stable hovering, and not every Inspire is. Excessive wobbling will deliver difficult to align sequence of stills.
2018-11-7
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

I just used my old inspire 1 for a small job and she felt way more stable than the inspire 2
2018-11-7
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-11-8
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try this if you fly very slowly
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 11-8 03:47
Try this if you fly very slowly https://youtu.be/ZiJJ-RuKmRk

Very cool - good work!
2018-11-8
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can use Tripod mode to slow,smooth everything down.
2018-11-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Aerial-Image Posted at 11-8 07:22
I can use Tripod mode to slow,smooth everything down.

Timelapse and Hyperlapse are two different, barely related terms in videography.
2018-11-8
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We are talking still (RAW) images here turned into a video, we're not shooting any video & just speeding it up afterwards -  its a true hyperlapse, slider quality, just aerial.
2018-11-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Aerial-Image Posted at 11-8 11:26
We are talking still (RAW) images here turned into a video, we're not shooting any video & just speeding it up afterwards -  its a true hyperlapse, slider quality, just aerial.

OK, that's what I mean ... Potato, kartoffel, whatever. In any case stills must be aligned (stabilized) somehow in post to produce convincing effect of time/hyperlapse video. There's no aerial camera capable to sit rock-solid in space for 10 or 15 minutes, wind or not, as required for timelapse. The same apply to a hyperlapse effect, although in this case the camera is in auto-controlled move, i.e. POI. In both cases all images must contain clearly established reference point(s) to be successfully stabilized. Perfectly doable with any good drone these days, including Inspire 2 with X5S camera.
2018-11-8
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had better luck just filming for 20 minutes or so and speeding up the video in FCPX along with a couple of stabilizing commands. This video I did has this technique at the beginning and end of the video.

Regards,
Tom
2018-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aerial-Image Posted at 11-8 03:47
Try this if you fly very slowly https://youtu.be/ZiJJ-RuKmRk

Looks great indeed
2018-11-10
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-8 10:16
Timelapse and Hyperlapse are two different, barely related terms in videography.

Hyperlapse seems like another name to learn for a variety of timelapse to me, and confuses the issue (looking at the various definitions available).
We've been describing them as timelapse, tracking timelapse, lapsed-time (for frame accurate repeat timelapse), for the past 30 years, all of which seem to better describe the nature of the effect.
2018-11-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dldp-sp Posted at 11-10 03:11
I have had better luck just filming for 20 minutes or so and speeding up the video in FCPX along with a couple of stabilizing commands. This video I did has this technique at the beginning and end of the video.

Dramatic Skies  

Beautiful footage
2018-11-12
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is unfortunate that the Inspire 2 has about the worst position hold ability compared to all other DJI drones, including phantom, mavic pro, mavic air, even the spark.
Creating a hyperlapse with the Inspire 2 is virtually impossible due to going all over the place, hell you can't even put the drone onto a table, even then the camera just drifts around (as per  latest firmware .300 beta).
Here is some hyperlapse examples which I created using the Mavic Pro!
2018-11-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JBSonic Posted at 11-15 01:59
It is unfortunate that the Inspire 2 has about the worst position hold ability compared to all other DJI drones, including phantom, mavic pro, mavic air, even the spark.
Creating a hyperlapse with the Inspire 2 is virtually impossible due to going all over the place, hell you can't even put the drone onto a table, even then the camera just drifts around (as per  latest firmware .300 beta).
Here is some hyperlapse examples which I created using the Mavic Pro!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14lzDLweO4Q

I see exactly what you mean - great effort though
2018-12-1
Use props
Caspers driver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

JBSonic Posted at 11-15 01:59
Creating a hyperlapse with the Inspire 2 is virtually impossible due to going all over the place, hell you can't even put the drone onto a table, even then the camera just drifts around (as per  latest firmware .300 beta).
Here is some hyperlapse examples which I created using the Mavic Pro!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14lzDLweO4Q

Nice !

Short, sweet, and well done.
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules