568 8 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim80h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8668 ft
Australia

Hi All,
Im sorry if this is in another thread, but I have been unable to find it.  Has anyone been able to source the replacement board to replace a damaged USB. If so, where.  I am not super happy with being charged $155 plus postage, for a 20 minute job, to replace a $25 part.  That is WAY over the top.

2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I know if you are referring to the components of the AC or RC? If yes, we don't recommend you to do any modification or self repair because it can void your warranty. What is the main issue so that I can check it on my end? You can provide a short video showing the probblem and upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for  your understanding.
2018-11-8
Use props
Jim80h
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 01:36
Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I know if you are referring to the components of the AC or RC? If yes, we don't recommend you to do any modification or self repair because it can void your warranty. What is the main issue so that I can check it on my end? You can provide a short video showing the probblem and upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for  your understanding.

The main, and only issue is that my son bent the pins on the micro USB port on the controller. I am aware that self repair will void my warranty. What I object to is being charged for 1.5 hours labour at $88 an hour, for a 20 minute job to replace a $25 part. The only DJI repairer in Australia said they dont have that part, so I am looking for somewhere that can supply it.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jim80h Posted at 11-8 01:54
The main, and only issue is that my son bent the pins on the micro USB port on the controller. I am aware that self repair will void my warranty. What I object to is being charged for 1.5 hours labour at $88 an hour, for a 20 minute job to replace a $25 part. The only DJI repairer in Australia said they dont have that part, so I am looking for somewhere that can supply it.

Sorry to hear that, may I know if your referring to EEHobies which is the recommended service center of DJI? If not, you can use this link to contact them (https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers). You can also contact support@dji.com to check other option. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-8
Use props
Jim80h
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 02:14
Sorry to hear that, may I know if your referring to EEHobies which is the recommended service center of DJI? If not, you can use this link to contact them (https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers). You can also contact  to check other option. Thanks for your support.

Yes I am referring to them. They only seem willing to help if I pay the ridiculous price they want to charge me. Can you please advise me of someone who can supply that part.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jim80h Posted at 11-8 02:36
Yes I am referring to them. They only seem willing to help if I pay the ridiculous price they want to charge me. Can you please advise me of someone who can supply that part.

Unfortunately, I don't have the exact information where you can buy this particular part. I would suggest you provide a sample photos or a short video on the parts that you are looking here in forum and hopefully our co-pilots here can help you out. Again, sorry for all the troubles and thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-8
Use props
Jim80h
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 02:53
Unfortunately, I don't have the exact information where you can buy this particular part. I would suggest you provide a sample photos or a short video on the parts that you are looking here in forum and hopefully our co-pilots here can help you out. Again, sorry for all the troubles and thanks for your understanding.

The part is Part 21 RC Button Board, for MAVIC AIR controller. I dont have a video or picture as I have not opened the controller yet.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jim80h Posted at 11-8 13:19
The part is Part 21 RC Button Board, for MAVIC AIR controller. I dont have a video or picture as I have not opened the controller yet.

Hi, thanks for your fast response. As much as I would like to give you the information about this but the parts you mentioned above are can only be determined by our engineers. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-9
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

Did you really think DJI would be helpful and supportive of you fixing something yourself? Of course not, they don't make money that way. I know which port you are talking about and while I know its a bit different connection (more rectangular than a standard micro USB port) you might try looking on eBay or search your area for an electronics parts supplier. If you are planning on doing the repair yourself you might as well go ahead and open your RC to see how many pins the port has and its orientation. You might also be able to find a for parts only unit on eBay that you could rob your part from. Also maybe a cell phone repair place might have one, or at least point you in a direction to their supplier. I know DJI is not the only company using micro USB ports in their products.
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules