1675 12 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

FIXED: Updated REMOTE CONTROL first using DJI Assistant V. 2.0.4 for Mavic 2... then all went well and functioned like it should!

I hope from now on the usual procedure can be followed... updating through the DJI GO 4 app...

I owned and still own various DJI products, drones (First was F-550), Osmo etc. and yesterday I traded in my Mavic Air for a brand-new Mavic 2 Pro. I opened the case and the Fly More pack and after charging the remote controller and all 3 batteries I started to connect the drone to my iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 12.1).

All seemed to connect perfect but then I noticed a message to UPDATE the FIRMWARE. I NEVER had any problems with updating FIRMWARE (Phantom 3 - Phantom 4 Pro - Mavic Air) but this time I have back luck I think... through the DJI GO 4 app it gave error messages and I was asked to upload the file, which I did. Then I changed to the LATEST version of DJI Assistant for the Mavic 2 (2.0.4) and here the update DID work and I made 2 flights, yesterday. On the app on the iPad I noticed "lastest firmware" when I started DJI GO 4 app. But today it said "new firmware"... so I checked in the ABOUT section of the app.... the mentioned update version though, is the LASTEST (at least that I can find)

I also got a message on top of the app, that there was a firmware update for the remote controller... but when I clicked that, again I got the message that this was not possible through the app, so I refreshed the firmware again using my PC and Assistant 2... of course I first shut down the aircraft and the remote controller before doing that. I would VERY much like that someone can help me with this... THANK YOU

Of course I did a refresh again using the DJI Assistant V. 2.0.4 on my PC, which went well again, but I keep seeing on my iPad (oh yes and I also tried my iPhone with the special short DJI cable connected) that there is an update, which fails to install... hm hm hm

Fly safe!

(Canon)Max
2018-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have always used the app to update FW, but like you on first M2 FW it insisted on doing it through assistant but how and ever it was done also RC, I suspect you need to do a battery FW update you will need to do one for each battery, you may also get Geo NFZ updates not sure if you ignore these but they are improving so best to do them.
Apart from that I can’t think what would be wrong, and you should be able to update batteries through app.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

firmware update issues lately are not an unusual occurrence .. its standard .. welcome to DJI 2018.....
2018-11-8
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

This weekend I had one strange occurrence - started up my M2P and after check application said there is new firmware available and then received message that module incompatible firmware version has been found so I have restarted everything and since then no more message like this. It was only one time. If DJI assistant in PC is saying you are up to date I think issue will be with mobile application, just curios do you have some android phone available for test install DJI GO 4 there and try if it will be throwing the same thing about new FW?
2018-11-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would agree with Hallmark007, each battery may require a firmware update, and is part of the aircraft update. So a good idea to run update once on aircraft with each battery fitted.

Battery firmware updates are often flagged up with the message "Inconsistent firmware found" (working from memory there :-) ). And if seen then running update for each battery resolves the issue.

You might also see messages popping up about the 'flysafe database updates' every so often, these update the geofencing files on Application and aircraft.

And of course the aircraft & RC firmwares.

Once all these are completed then firmware updates are usually few and far between.
2018-11-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 04:03
I have always used the app to update FW, but like you on first M2 FW it insisted on doing it through assistant but how and ever it was done also RC, I suspect you need to do a battery FW update you will need to do one for each battery, you may also get Geo NFZ updates not sure if you ignore these but they are improving so best to do them.
Apart from that I can’t think what would be wrong, and you should be able to update batteries through app.

Yes Sir... I did check all batteries... only ONE (the one that came with the Aircraft) had inconstistent firmware. The two that came with the Fly More pack were ok... how strange this may sound. Alle three were produced 2018.08.
But the problem is, that, even after SUCSESSFULLY updating to the latest firmware using the DJI Assistant... my APP still tells me Í should update... even when it reads 01.00.01.00 which is the latest...
It flies ok... but I do not like when things do not function as they should...
2018-11-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 11-8 05:19
I would agree with Hallmark007, each battery may require a firmware update, and is part of the aircraft update. So a good idea to run update once on aircraft with each battery fitted.

Battery firmware updates are often flagged up with the message "Inconsistent firmware found" (working from memory there :-) ). And if seen then running update for each battery resolves the issue.

please have a look at my response to Mr. Hallmark, Sir.
2018-11-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CanonMax Posted at 11-8 08:25
please have a look at my response to Mr. Hallmark, Sir.

Have a look at 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu, this lists the firmware being used for RC & Aircraft.

That should confirm whether RC was updated, presumably you plugged the RC into PC when checking against Assistant 2.

2018-11-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 11-8 08:38
Have a look at 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu, this lists the firmware being used for RC & Aircraft.

That should confirm whether RC was updated, presumably you plugged the RC into PC when checking against Assistant 2.

I already noticed that no FIRMWARE VERSION showed up for my Remote Control... So I rebooted everything, started the DJI Assistant (latest version) and then connected the Remote Control and YUP it updated the remote control... Then I refreshed the Mavic 2 as well...
After connecting the usual way I fly (iPad Pro 10.5" etc.) I booted the remote, the Mavic 2 and now it was possible, without errors to check for firmware using the app (no new firmware found LOL) and I could also see the firmware version of the Remote.
So I also checked my batteries (which I already did the day before yesterday) and ONE of them needed to be updated which went very well using the DJI GO 4 app...

So I learned -in this case- to update the Remote Controller FIRST...

Never too old to learn

Fly safe! Thanks for answers and thoughts,

(Canon)Max
2018-11-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CanonMax Posted at 11-9 02:44
I already noticed that no FIRMWARE VERSION showed up for my Remote Control... So I rebooted everything, started the DJI Assistant (latest version) and then connected the Remote Control and YUP it updated the remote control... Then I refreshed the Mavic 2 as well...
After connecting the usual way I fly (iPad Pro 10.5" etc.) I booted the remote, the Mavic 2 and now it was possible, without errors to check for firmware using the app (no new firmware found LOL) and I could also see the firmware version of the Remote.
So I also checked my batteries (which I already did the day before yesterday) and ONE of them needed to be updated which went very well using the DJI GO 4 app...

It's good to hear that you managed to sort things out. With having to get three (or four, with batteries) different devices to communicate with each other; and throw in a PC as well, things can get a bit messy sometimes.

Enjoy the Mavic 2 Pro :-)
2018-11-9
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202592 ft
United Kingdom

managed to sort mine too using my laptop, but I think my side sensors are borked
2018-11-9
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 11-9 03:39
It's good to hear that you managed to sort things out. With having to get three (or four, with batteries) different devices to communicate with each other; and throw in a PC as well, things can get a bit messy sometimes.

Enjoy the Mavic 2 Pro :-)

Thank you very much!
I think it would be wise step for DJI to mention that the REMOTE Controller needs to be updated first through the Assistent 2 in case of any malfunctioning of updating using the DJI GO 4 app...

Take care... all flies SUPERBE here!

(Canon)Max
2018-11-11
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-9 13:15
managed to sort mine too using my laptop, but I think my side sensors are borked

ops... that is strange... I did test them the day before yesterday (flying in TRIPOD mode) and they did work more than fine...

Have another test, B.Max!

Take care,

(Canon)Max
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules