Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propeller 3-Blade Folding Props for DJI Mavic Pro
7003 19 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffa1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 972211 ft
Australia

Hi there just wondering if anybody has use these props for there mavic Pro

8331 Carbon Fiber Low Noise Propeller 3-Blade Folding Props

If so what are your thoughts please ?

2018-11-8
Use props
Ryan Olivas
Second Officer

United States

Where did you buy it? or where are you going to buy it? Quite interested on it.
2018-11-8
Use props
Jeffa1
lvl.3
Australia

Ryan Olivas Posted at 11-8 01:51
Where did you buy it? or where are you going to buy it? Quite interested on it.

i found them on Ebay was looking for a bag for my drone typed in Mavic pro accessories
and stumbled on the 3 blade props so was wondering if anyone has used them.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Jeffa1, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us.  Kindly take time to read our AFTER-SALES SERVICE POLICIES for more information when using third-party parts. Thank you.

2018-11-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Only original props for my drone
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They look cool but I have never used (and never will use) third party props or batteries with my drones.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I am willing to be that the CF props will be too STIFF and will likely add vibration and or shake to your videos..

CF props work great on high power racing quads with crazy high trust to weight ratios but we are also not concerned about gimbal shake.. we don't use gimbals..

additionally DJI is a CLOSED SYSTEM.. so you can't go in and make custom modifications to ESC and other flight controller parameters to TUNE the flight software to the new props thrust/RPM profile... I think its a disaster waiting to happen.. if the craft had BETALFIGHT or some other open source turnable flight control board/software package than by all means you could try them...

lastly and more importantly since its a quad... one blade cracks/chips/fails and your craft is done... over .. and DJI will walk away from it....

if you want to hot rod or customize a quad... build one.. its cheaper and more rewarding ...

if you want a DJI... you have to play by their rules.. they are having a hard enough time getting their aircraft to fly properly with their OWN BLADES to be worrying about things like .. will the additional vibrations from my 3rd party props make the INU go bizerk and crash my drone..

YMMV
2018-11-8
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Why would you take the risk to use 3rd party propellers? Do they give any significant advantages, do the original propellers not work fine? I would never take that risk.
2018-11-8
Use props
Sky Carrier
Captain
Flight distance : 590102 ft
United States

N ice, but I only use original DJI parts on my drones. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing
2018-11-8
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nope don't even consider them, if it's not from DJI don't risk your drone, period.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

M2Wair Posted at 11-8 06:20
Nope don't even consider them, if it's not from DJI don't risk your drone, period.

I could not agree more.
2018-11-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 11-8 04:02
Only original props for my drone

Same here
2018-11-8
Use props
Jeffa1
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks Guys for your comments I was not going to use them as I knew they weren't DJI originals only 3rd party just curious if anyone had used 3 Blade props before that's all..
thanks once again
2018-11-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Jeffa1 Posted at 11-8 12:56
Thanks Guys for your comments I was not going to use them as I knew they weren't DJI originals only 3rd party just curious if anyone had used 3 Blade props before that's all..
thanks once again

You are welcome mate
2018-11-8
Use props
LIVNXXL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not used a 3 bladed prop on the Mavic yet and most likely wont. I have many FPV drones and some are 2 blade and some are 3 blade. When switching from a 2 bladed prop and going to a 3 it changes the flight charecteristics. I am not sure how much this would effect the Mavic as the flight charecteeristics are specificaly for Photos and video and not racing ( sport mode does not compare to a racer, sorry) It also has an effect on motor speed and the reaction of the EFC's. I do use carbon fiber props on both my inspire1's and have been for years but they are the same size and specs, just a whole lot stiffer which has proven to me to hold better in the wind. Then again the inspire will go up in conditions that I will not even unpack the Mavic for. Ultimately, I would not put them on the Mavic, but thats my opinion. Good luck.
2018-11-9
Use props
shawnricky
Flight distance : 1104925 ft
United States

Jeffa1 Posted at 2018-11-8 12:56
Thanks Guys for your comments I was not going to use them as I knew they weren't DJI originals only 3rd party just curious if anyone had used 3 Blade props before that's all..
thanks once again

First off those props couldn't possibly be cause of crash and how would DJI ever prove they were on there  but i do agree that the software is not configured for the additional weight or performance that all being said  can't say it would be any increase in performance not that it really needs it , for all those only  dji advocates the obvious reason to buy aftermarket is PRICE do you buy original tires for your automobile  , or what about medicine i mean lets get real aftermarket product if made by specs, are 100% as good and sometimes better and just for info about cracked blades I ran mine into powerlines chipped 2 tips of blades and cracked one unit fell about 15 feet on its back flipped itself upright and caught itself then was able to fly it an additional 100 yards or so landed and then took off again obviously I don't want to fly it that way point is if it could fly ok with those damaged props I know 3rd party aftermarket props aren't going to make it crash talk about trying to force you to believe something  please , so I am not going to buy the 3 blade but i will most definetly be purchasing the 8743f carbon fiber aftermarket whole set for around 20 free shipping dji has them for 30 but the old 89 free shipping catch,   dont march to the sound of fear it only reinforces the ignorant
2019-2-20
Use props
ReKcaHx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5787 ft
United States

@shawnricky that was the first intelligent answer I have seen on this thread.

"Only original props for my drone"
"I could not agree more."
"Same here "

Really? Come on people. I bet you all are the same cattle that use the Genius Bar and wait all night in line the get the new iPwned or goes to Best Buy and spends $100 on a premium HDMI cable thinking it's better than a $10 one (by the way it's not).
Oh, oh, here's a good one.
Won't change their own oil because their afraid that it will void their warranty

Unfortunately, my response wasn't as tactful and polished as @shawnricky,

"don't march to the sound of fear it only reinforces the ignorant" -@shawnricky
2019-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Don't Do It,  not worth the risk.
2019-8-14
Use props
DaMa
Captain
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I Do What I Want... for a quiet Mavic...  
IMG_4264.JPG
2019-8-15
Use props
ChubbyChaser
lvl.1

United States

DaMa Posted at 2019-8-15 08:01
I Do What I Want... for a quiet Mavic...

Hmm... interesting.
What are you up to? Stacking 2 props onto one hub for a 4 blade? Or just making a blade raiser for the hub or what?

BTW... in my opinion it would be in DJI's best interest to encourage mods and aftermarket stuff. Warranty voided of course.
I think it can be a huge draw to a product just for the fact that it causes a huge assortment of different options plus it cause competition for DJI to keep improving things like blades or add on options.
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules