Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not understand the "What's New" notes with the DJI GO 4 4.3.4 release:

1. Adds a new feature where you can check GEO zones information more easily in FPV map.
2. Changes the GEO zones color.

I do not see any of this.

Matter of fact, I do not see any GEO zones on FPV map...including Washington DC

IMG_0012.jpg
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

you connected to the aircraft... ?  did it ask to update databases?  I have not installed the latest iOS Go APP .. too many glaring failures lately with DJI firmware and software.. the wheels are coming off the bus over there
2018-11-8
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-8 09:08
you connected to the aircraft... ?  did it ask to update databases?  I have not installed the latest iOS Go APP .. too many glaring failures lately with DJI firmware and software.. the wheels are coming off the bus over there

yes and yes
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

well I guess we can chalk it up to more DJI Crapware....
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

did you try syncing your records.. completely delete the iOS app and data then re-install?

2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

another dumb question... is DC the actual area that you are in?  maybe it only downloads the airspace in a certain radius to your current position and display it at closer zoom... but I am reaching...
2018-11-8
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

All the above.
Matter of fact, when I see an update, I sync, uninstall, reboot and install then sync.
But it just says something new was added...just don't see it.
Everything else flies fine.

2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

like I said.. just more DJI crapware...

a guy was having an issue on his iPad because DJI go would not take his gps position of the controller stating that the accuracy was not good enough.. morons at DJI are using either the wrong API call or not checking the GPS accuracy values directly but going off the generic iOS warning of 'position can be enhanced if you turn on cell service' warning.. he turns on cell service and even without a sim problem goes away..

this is amateur hour around here...
2018-11-8
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well like I said, nothing is wrong...just can't find what they are talking about.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what is the version of your Precision fly safe data (App)? Could you please check if there's an update with this section? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-8
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-8 13:32
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what is the version of your Precision fly safe data (App)? Could you please check if there's an update with this section? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.

ver 01.00.01.11
Already updated everything when I updated the app.

2018-11-8
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

Where did you find the "What's new" you are referring to here?
I have lost track of where DJI hides the firmware version updates.
My iPhone shows the latest GO4 app is 4.3.3. Is 4.3.4 for Android?
I do wish DJI would make these changes/updates/software easier to locate.
2018-11-9
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chuck101 Posted at 11-9 03:49
Where did you find the "What's new" you are referring to here?
I have lost track of where DJI hides the firmware version updates.
My iPhone shows the latest GO4 app is 4.3.3. Is 4.3.4 for Android?

Sorry misunderstood.

iOS is 4.3.4
Updated Nov 3rd
When you go to the app store, and see your recently updated list...tap more and there is the full description.

If you want to see all information on the DJI GO 4 app (or any iOS app) tap on the app icon (not open) and there is the full page you would see in the app store section of iTunes.

2018-11-9
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I didnt notice any difference (not that I looked so hard)  - went up with the iOS latest version briefly today, seemed like a typical experience.
2018-11-9
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

pmshop Posted at 11-9 08:40
Sorry misunderstood.

iOS is 4.3.4

accidentally hit update all on my iPhone 6s+ last night so DJI go 4 was unfortunately updated.. didn't want to do that but oh well

what I noticed.. without connection to the remote or bird anyway.. since it was late last night

that going into the tracking map.. I do have NFZ in there.. they are still circles and not 'shaped' like the new design that is coming out.. taping on a circle gives almost no usable info on what the zone if for..

but like you .. went to DC and nothing there. it is only showing zones for about a 40-60 mile radius of my phones present position.. not the country...

might try a delete and reinstall again?

I dont know if DJI has stopped the practice since apple doest allow it but DJI has been caught 'hot' patching apps without updating or changing version numbers .. but I read that a while ago..

2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

pmshop Posted at 11-8 14:32
ver 01.00.01.11
Already updated everything when I updated the app.

Hi, thanks for the updates. We will be expecting an update on this section for us to support the newly added feature on the DJI GO 4 app. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-11
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

The change that I noticed after updating to 4.3.4 , is that when you synchronize your flights, now you can choose whether you want also to upload the flight data or not!

Fly safely all and enjoy
Alex
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 11-11 11:32
The change that I noticed after updating to 4.3.4 , is that when you synchronize your flights, now you can choose whether you want also to upload the flight data or not!

Fly safely all and enjoy

about time....

if you read the fine print of online reports and the privacy statements about what you can turn on and off in the app.. there is probably already a sizable leakage of 'personal' data that they dont need just to keep data on for things like the map that you do need...

2018-11-11
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 12:16
about time....

if you read the fine print of online reports and the privacy statements about what you can turn on and off in the app.. there is probably already a sizable leakage of 'personal' data that they dont need just to keep data on for things like the map that you do need...

So is it best to synchronize the flight data or not?
Thanks!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 11-11 16:41
So is it best to synchronize the flight data or not?
Thanks!

I still don't.. since I have seen what is in these data files ... a metric ton of data ..

and I can sync the flight data on all my iOS devices without using their servers..

the us mil didn't stop using their hardware on a whim...
2018-11-11
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

New GEO database now provides what they were talking about.
2018-11-16
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-10 04:53
accidentally hit update all on my iPhone 6s+ last night so DJI go 4 was unfortunately updated.. didn't want to do that but oh well

what I noticed.. without connection to the remote or bird anyway.. since it was late last night

... but DJI has been caught 'hot' patching apps without updating or changing version numbers .. but I read that a while ago..

DJI do it with android too, recently. Simple observation checking the DJI web site download dates, they vary with the same v number. It's not fair nor  obvious, recorded via the 'net  & unprofessional.  Minor changes also  require a new version number. Simple. That's how I was taught to program back in the days of BBS & 300/2400/56k modems - fidonet - before the internet existed.

Major, Minor, Beta, Alpha...............             https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

2018-12-2
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

pmshop Posted at 11-16 09:27
New GEO database now provides what they were talking about.

yeah. but in the app .. the geo map on the main screen with the 3 bars is just a web link and shows the new shapped zone...

while in the map in camera view I still have round zones...

and to make it more confusing.. what shape is in the bird now?

supposedly the zone in the app is used first then the database on the bird...

when it comes to the DJI zoning system it needs to get more homogenous and transparent...
and user complaints about zone errors around say closed facilities etc needs to be acted upon much more rapidly...

I think users will tolerate the totalitarian nature of DJI zoning IF its CORRECT and when it only keeps you from flying in true NFZ areas.. but it the continued issues with grounding birds in areas that are not true no fly areas it will cost them market share in the long run as competitors equipment catch and sometimes surpass DJI innovation yet choose not to implement the nanny state upon the flyer...

2018-12-2
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Sparkz71 Posted at 12-2 05:33
... but DJI has been caught 'hot' patching apps without updating or changing version numbers .. but I read that a while ago..

DJI do it with android too, recently. Simple observation checking the DJI web site download dates, they vary with the same v number. It's not fair nor  obvious, recorded via the 'net  & unprofessional.  Minor changes also  require a new version number. Simple. That's how I was taught to program back in the days of BBS & 300/2400/56k modems - fidonet - before the internet existed.

Quote: from Wiki:
Significance in software engineering
Version numbers are used in practical terms by the consumer, or client, to identify or compare their copy of the software product against another copy, such as the newest version released by the developer. For the programmer or company, versioning is often used on a revision-by-revision basis, where individual parts of the software are compared and contrasted with newer or older revisions of those same parts, often in a collaborative version control system.

In the 21st century, more programmers started to use a formalised version policy, such as the Semantic Versioning policy.[1] The purpose of such policies is to make it easier for other programmers to know when code changes are likely to break things they have written. Such policies are especially important for software libraries and frameworks, but may also be very useful to follow for command-line applications (which may be called from other applications) and indeed any other applications (which may be scripted and/or extended by third parties).

Versioning is also a required practice to enable many schemes of patching and upgrading software, especially to automatically decide what and where to upgrade to.

Significance in technical support
Version numbers allow people providing support to ascertain exactly which code a user is running, so that they can rule out bugs that have already been fixed as a cause of an issue, and the like. This is especially important when a program has a substantial user community, especially when that community is large enough that the people providing technical support are not the people who wrote the code. The semantic meaning[1] of version.revision.change style numbering is also important to information technology staff, who often use it to determine how much attention and research they need to pay to a new release before deploying it in their facility. As a rule of thumb, the bigger the changes, the larger the chances that something might break (although examining the Changelog, if any, may reveal only superficial or irrelevant changes). This is one reason for some of the distaste expressed in the "drop the major release" approach taken by Asterisk et alia: now, staff must (or at least should) do a full regression test for every update.
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules