1217 7 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

In flight with the 210rtk / xt / z30, just a little before the 35%, the tension fell sharply and the two dials was as dead but there was still the return image on the two cameras, we immediately proceeded to a landing emergency and we posed without damage, it is interesting to see both cameras hang as dead under the drone in final to pose, immediately on the ground we had the inconsistent message firmware, while the day before we had all controlled on each elements including batteries according to the safety bulletin of dji, the firmwares were the last published ...
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Olivier, we are so sorry for what happened, may I know if the inconsistent message display again and will the gimbal respond when rebooting? Is there any error message in the Aircraft Status?
2018-11-9
Use props
Droning.CG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41083 ft

Poland

I have the impression that only those who have not updated the latest DJI updates are excluded - grounding of the M200 series.
DJI, are we waiting for a solution?
I dream about doing my job safely.
DJI, will it be possible?
2018-11-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Droning.CG Posted at 11-9 12:58
I have the impression that only those who have not updated the latest DJI updates are excluded - grounding of the M200 series.
DJI, are we waiting for a solution?
I dream about doing my job safely.

Recent .0193 FW version will update batteries FW to .71, and most of these batteries performs just fine. DJI is trying to eliminate the possibility of sporadical glitches as we speak. That said, every motorized flying apparatus will fall in a rare case of fuel/engine failure, obeying the laws of gravity. That's the nature of aviation, which must be considered.
2018-11-9
Use props
Dvs67
lvl.1

United States

Just received my M210 about 10 days ago.  My unit was updated and tested by the company I purchased it from.  I also tested it out.  Flew with all my batteries.  TB 50's and TB55's with no issues.  Went out again today and flew with TB55's with no issues...had low battery warnings, everything worked well.  I put in another set of TB 55's started flying to test out my Z30, was about 30 ft in the air when the power just cut out, no warning anywhere...just heard the props not spinning anymore and the unit falling to the ground and breaking up.  Its already out to SoCal to be analyzed and hopefully replaced.  Feeling sick about it.
2018-11-9
Use props
Droning.CG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41083 ft

Poland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-9 17:00
Recent .0193 FW version will update batteries FW to .71, and most of these batteries performs just fine. DJI is trying to eliminate the possibility of sporadical glitches as we speak. That said, every motorized flying apparatus will fall in a rare case of fuel/engine failure, obeying the laws of gravity. That's the nature of aviation, which must be considered.

In the corporate segment, there is no place for recurring incidents. If there are two incidents of the aircraft, the whole series is grounded to explain the causes of the failure.
This is the nature of aviation that needs to be considered - DJI.
2018-11-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Droning.CG Posted at 11-10 00:56
In the corporate segment, there is no place for recurring incidents. If there are two incidents of the aircraft, the whole series is grounded to explain the causes of the failure.
This is the nature of aviation that needs to be considered - DJI.

Actually, this is almost exactly what's going on right now. There was a number of M200 series drones dying mid flight, apparently due to some sort of firmware issue related to battery power management.  Since the same batteries are used also to power much more popular Inspire 2 drones, both machines were practically grounded in UK by aviation authorities. DJI responded with official statement, recognizing the issue and declaring immediate attempts to find the solution. Meantime DJI is suggesting flying with caution, monitoring battery status page or - at least - battery voltage as often as possible.

2018-11-10
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

there are rumors that DJI will release the battery update this week ;-)
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules