12Next >
55553 44 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WO28h7hGtluf
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I have a Mavic Air that has flown well for six months.  Then the remote suddenly started beeping incessantly as soon as I turned it on.  This is an intermittent problem and does not happen all the time.  A week ago the remote spontaneously disconncted from the drone during a flight; the drone returned to home OK.  All firmware on the drone and remote is current.  When I turned the remote on today, it beeped constantly, as shown in the video.  Can someone tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

2018-11-8
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

Calibrate your RC.  I had this happen to me and posted a while back and calibration resolved the problem.
2018-11-8
Use props
djiuser_WO28h7hGtluf
lvl.1

United States

Thanks.  I re-calibrated the RC and the beeping stopped, so that seemed to fix the issue, for now at least.  I had to re-calibrate twice to get the beeping to stop.  
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching the DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Good to know that all is working now. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_WO28h7hGtluf Posted at 11-8 21:30
Thanks.  I re-calibrated the RC and the beeping stopped, so that seemed to fix the issue, for now at least.  I had to re-calibrate twice to get the beeping to stop.

Glad that fixed it
2018-11-9
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

The beeping was warning you that there was a problem with the calibration so it alerted you. DJI programmers must have included this as a safety warning.

Sometimes this forum can save a lot of time when looking for answers as other people might have solved the issue (as you discovered)
2018-11-9
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4298 ft

United States

I had the same thing happen to me, for me it was because I put my phone in airplane mode and the GPS signals were off.
2018-11-9
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

jcflyer23 Posted at 11-9 04:15
I had the same thing happen to me, for me it was because I put my phone in airplane mode and the GPS signals were off.

Your MA does not get any gps info from your phone.  I always fly in airplane mode once I’ve downloaded the local map to cache. Many others do also.

This may effect dynamic rth but I understand that is not working to well with MA.
2018-11-9
Use props
jcflyer23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4298 ft

United States

My RTH is working fine so far, the only time my RC went to beeping was the time I had my phone in airplane mode. I don't that's just what I remember maybe I will try it again.
2018-11-10
Use props
cocoexplores
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65092 ft
United States

djiuser_WO28h7hGtluf Posted at 2018-11-8 21:30

I have had the same intermittent problem. I recalibrated, which helped temporarily. Are you still having the same problem? Or did re- permanently fix it?
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_dusZa2X5Etbu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15220 ft
North Macedonia

cocoexplores Posted at 2-5 09:18
I have had the same intermittent problem. I recalibrated, which helped temporarily. Are you still having the same problem? Or did re- permanently fix it?

Same here :|
2019-2-28
Use props
fans1ce761bf
lvl.1

Australia

IS THERE A PERMANENT FIX or update that can stop the beeping?? I have to calibrate my Mavic Air RC every time I turn it off/on. Very frustrating! Pls help!!!
2019-4-20
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Fwiw my rc in feb2019 rang like telephone legacy ringing while craft afar. I did not receive apk warns or possibly complacent to it. only unusualness was during that telephone ringing the screen showed albatross seagull encircling impinging camera no contact. I assume collide sensory caused it. Good thing camera recorded.
2019-4-20
Use props
fans1ce761bf
lvl.1

Australia

IS THERE A PERMANENT FIX or update that can stop the beeping?? I have to calibrate my Mavic Air RC every time I turn it off/on. Very frustrating! Pls help!!!
2019-4-21
Use props
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft
Poland

I had the same. RC turned out to be broken. After a while, calibration didn't help. There was a warning in the app something like 'can't take off. make sure you don't hold any stick" - and I didn't of course. I got a different RC but I'm not sure it will last long as the left stick also has a friction sensation just like the first one. Do you feel friction in any stick?
2019-4-22
Use props
fans1ce761bf
lvl.1

Australia

Karolina Posted at 4-22 01:06
I had the same. RC turned out to be broken. After a while, calibration didn't help. There was a warning in the app something like 'can't take off. make sure you don't hold any stick" - and I didn't of course. I got a different RC but I'm not sure it will last long as the left stick also has a friction sensation just like the first one. Do you feel friction in any stick?

No I don’t feel any friction...
2019-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans1ce761bf Posted at 4-21 14:43

I hadn’t used my Air for awhile and on turning it on I received same constant beeping, I Calibrated sticks, it went away but came back next flight, I refreshed FW on Assistant 2 calibrated sticks and I haven’t had a problem since , I also refreshed FW on craft .
2019-4-22
Use props
fans1ce761bf
lvl.1

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-22 15:53
I hadn’t used my Air for awhile and on turning it on I received same constant beeping, I Calibrated sticks, it went away but came back next flight, I refreshed FW on Assistant 2 calibrated sticks and I haven’t had a problem since , I also refreshed FW on craft .

Thanx I’ll give assistant a try. All my FW is up to date as far as I’m aware.
2019-4-22
Use props
djiuser_xhqOZ4iIntxf
New
Australia

I have the same issue. I have refreshed FW and recalibrated. Issue remains. Dji support has been very poor. I now have to send the unit off for repair at my cost. 1 month turn around at least. Unit is 3 weeks old. Devastated
2019-4-22
Use props
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft
Poland

djiuser_xhqOZ4iIntxf Posted at 4-22 22:00
I have the same issue. I have refreshed FW and recalibrated. Issue remains. Dji support has been very poor. I now have to send the unit off for repair at my cost. 1 month turn around at least. Unit is 3 weeks old. Devastated

If you have a warranty you don't need to pay for repair/replacement.
2019-4-23
Use props
Climbnride58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67736 ft
United States

Turn on drone, and controller. If the controller beeps continuously, press the button on the front of the drone for three seconds, or until you here a beep from the drone. Controller, and drone should then sync.
2019-4-23
Use props
lifeinmotion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15220 ft
North Macedonia

I found a fix for me. First, calibrate the controller. Next, when you start the controller and the drone, be sure that there are no metals near you( at least 1.5 meters ).
2019-5-30
Use props
djiuser_jh5x6z4YSTvT
New

Netherlands

i got the same problem i send it to DJI and i had to pay 192 euros and it wasn't fixed.
2019-8-15
Use props
ViDa85919
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69065 ft

lifeinmotion Posted at 5-30 06:48
I found a fix for me. First, calibrate the controller. Next, when you start the controller and the drone, be sure that there are no metals near you( at least 1.5 meters ).

Do you do that everytime before you fly?
2019-9-21
Use props
ViDa85919
lvl.1

I have the same problem after using this drone for a year.
What I also notice is that the left controller is a little bit off balanced. This results that the drone is slightly spinning when I'm ascending the Mavic Air.
I believe this also results in the beeping of the controller. However, when I calibrate the controller the beeping is gone. But still I notice that the left controller is a bit bend and not pointing as straight as the right controller.

I'm hesitant in buying a new controller since I will be using the drone in december on vacation. It would really suck if the current controller cease to work when I'm there...
2019-9-21
Use props
x2202
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12769 ft

The real problem is purely technical. It is the electrical contacts of the joystics which pose problem. To make sure that is where the problem comes from, you have to operate these joystics in all directions BEFORE turning on the remote control. The beep beep should simply disappear..
2019-9-21
Use props
cutis
Second Officer

Try spraying harmless caig deoxit into the mechanical joy favorably orienting it for gravity assist wetting the actual module.
Massage sticks checking improve.
Recheck in flight too
2019-9-21
Use props
ViDa85919
lvl.1

cutis Posted at 9-21 10:29
Try spraying harmless caig deoxit into the mechanical joy favorably orienting it for gravity assist wetting the actual module.
Massage sticks checking improve.
Recheck in flight too

Meaning? (my english is not so expert lvl)
2019-9-22
Use props
x2202
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12769 ft

For the do-it-yourselfers:
2019-9-22
Use props
cutis
Second Officer

ViDa85919 Posted at 9-22 00:11
Meaning? (my english is not so expert lvl)
Joystick intent is input physical motion of stick achieving drone output manuver of motion, eight degrees of freedom.
The stick merely changes electrical resistance per carbon track else optical else inductive magnetic flux intensity beamed onto receptor circuitry.
Carbon track incorporates stylus contactor onto track whereby atmospheric foulants contaminate & inhibit good stylus contact onto carbon track.
But is the module of carbon track type?
If not, why the problem then?
Wiring harness quickdisconnect headers may also be fouled oxidized by atmospheric contaminants (salts, vapor).  So is "exercising sticks" prior powerup going to fix fouled wire harness quickdisconnect headers?
Depending severity fouling conditions, point to point soldering triumphs quickdisconnect headers heavily employed under the hood.
Belaboring such undertaking wins. Drawback is toil replacing modules, lots of meticulous micro soldering.
Its done in elex to eliminate mechanical elex connection loss of contact
2019-9-22
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

ViDa85919 Posted at 9-21 01:41
I have the same problem after using this drone for a year.
What I also notice is that the left controller is a little bit off balanced. This results that the drone is slightly spinning when I'm ascending the Mavic Air.
I believe this also results in the beeping of the controller. However, when I calibrate the controller the beeping is gone. But still I notice that the left controller is a bit bend and not pointing as straight as the right controller.

Bro its a hardware issue, send to a service centre for repairs. I am sending mine soon
2019-9-22
Use props
ViDa85919
lvl.1

Cepheroh Posted at 9-22 22:41
Bro its a hardware issue, send to a service centre for repairs. I am sending mine soon

I've read that repairs could cost more than a new controller.
This morning I called a store to ask if I could order a new one.

They replied that the controllers are not in stock... and they couldnt tell me how long it would take to send one.

Fingers crossed then... (on the controller ;) )
2019-9-23
Use props
wneser
New
Flight distance : 1699 ft
Israel

I have the same problem.
Maybe this is just an effort to get people to buy the newer fancy expensive remote.
which one would otherwise likely not even consider buying...
2020-1-17
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I experienced the same thing yesterday.

I hadn't flown the drone for many weeks. The RC is always stored on a shelf, uncovered.

I rebooted everything 3 times, same thing.  Beep-beep-beep.

Then, i remembered reading somewhere that if either stick is not in the "neutral" position, the RC will beep continuously.  Having experienced multiple occasions of dust in the pots of audio equipment, I figured there's probably be some dust in there mimicking a stick input.  

I just gave each stick a couple of flicks, started up again and everything was fine.  I flew 2 batteries, one normal and the other, a Litchi mission.  All perfect.

So, I think there must be some others that are experiencing the same thing.  I now store my RC with a cover over the face and will blowout with compressed air should this happen again.

2020-2-18
Use props
sabram07hotmai
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2019-4-22 15:53

Excuse my ignorance but what is FW? My controllers constantly beeping too and I can't shut the damn thing up
2020-4-25
Use props
sabram07hotmai
lvl.1

United States

sabram07hotmai Posted at 4-25 11:07
Excuse my ignorance but what is FW? My controllers constantly beeping too and I can't shut the damn thing up

Never mind firmware
2020-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sabram07hotmai Posted at 4-25 11:07

Firmware, you can refresh in dji assistant.
2020-4-25
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2156 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happens to me when using my iPhone 11 Pro Max and the DJI app. I get the beeping as soon as I send a drone into hovering. So I said - "a drone" - this beeping is happening on the DJi app on my Spark and Mavic Air. I don't know what to do, but I plan on reaching out to tech support on Monday next week. Today is 4/25/2020.
2020-4-25
Use props
Gemflier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37894 ft
United States

Bluehook Posted at 2-18 13:43
I experienced the same thing yesterday.

I hadn't flown the drone for many weeks. The RC is always stored on a shelf, uncovered.

Here I am in the form again just to confirm, this trick worked in my case.  Big thanks to you Op!

Controller kept beeping regardless whether it is connected to the drone or phone etc....it just beeps as soon it is been turned ON.
Now you know this solution is the first thing to try before the other solutions.
2020-5-14
Use props
fans97241781
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2463015 ft
Romania

x2202 Posted at 2019-9-21 04:46
The real problem is purely technical. It is the electrical contacts of the joystics which pose problem. To make sure that is where the problem comes from, you have to operate these joystics in all directions BEFORE turning on the remote control. The beep beep should simply disappear..

Good advice. I rotated and I moved in all directions  both joysticks before turn on contrroler and beeping disapeared.
2020-9-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules