Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
frustrated new mavic 2 owner
2678 19 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209498 ft
Australia

I just received my new mavic 2 zoom and I did all updates, but will not link, have tried dji support only to get a
unhelpful man who is hard to understand. I have to keep repeating my self over and over.
the 1st guy told me my phone is the problem {samsung S8} and will need to get a new phone, i told him thats ridicules, as there are plenty of others using this phone successfully, and I told him the controller on its own wont even connect, controller keeps saying [ check app, electrical interference. ] he keeps asking me the same questions and is no help at all.            then he hangs up on me, I have already spent 2 hours trying to get it ready to fly, I am getting so frustrated, cant believe a big company like DJI has such bad customer service.
I rang back only to get the same guy, and unbelievably he started asking me the same questions, by now I was getting very frustrated, I asked to speak to someone else, told him I would refresh firmware and call back.
after a while a supervisor rang me and I went over everything again, only to get the same result, will not link with or without my phone.
long story short, he told me to take it back for a replacement, just my luck.
now I have to go and explain it all to where I purchased it, I asked him to call the store, which is a big store here in Australia [ Bing Lee ] and explain what has happened, but all he could do is give me his 1st name , asked for a reference number, said they don't do that.
now I am dreading going back to the store, this is really bad customer service. I am out $2000 and have spent hours trying to get this thing working, not a good introduction to DJI.
starting to wonder if its all worth it.
2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi jorgeo65, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer support team, could you please PM me your phone number that you used to contact our support so that we can make the investigation and keep improving our customer service.
If you still don't mind, may I have more details of the issue you are having? What are the firmware version of the RC and the aircraft? Any chance to post a picture of your RC status and what is the error message in the APP?
2018-11-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-9 00:28
Hi jorgeo65, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer support team, could you please PM me your phone number that you used to contact our support so that we can make the investigation and keep improving our customer service.
If you still don't mind, may I have more details of the issue you are having? What are the firmware version of the RC and the aircraft? Any chance to post a picture of your RC status and what is the error message in the APP?

THAT  right there was a very good Customer Service Contact!!

Very quickly I might add.  Let's hope the OP comes back and sees the reply.....

Randy
2018-11-9
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 11-9 11:46

yes it was quick, but I was talking about there support service over the phone, it was terrible. and whatever they do will not give me back the time I wasted on this thing, not to mention the frustration, I bought this thing to relieve stress, not add to it.  
2018-11-9
Use props
theothernt
Captain
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

jorgeo65 Posted at 11-9 12:35
yes it was quick, but I was talking about there support service over the phone, it was terrible. and whatever they do will not give me back the time I wasted on this thing, not to mention the frustration, I bought this thing to relieve stress, not add to it.

First off, there is no excuse for a bad experience over the phone to support so that should be reported!

As for the drone etc, as you seem to have tried all the reasonable steps to fix the issue - and it's still not fixed - it should be straight forward enough to get an exchange or refund from the place you bought it.

You shouldn't have to explain all the steps you went through, simply that you followed the steps by DJI (updated the software, etc) but the drone won't fly. As you bought the drone from a retailer, it's up to them to resolve the issue ie. exchange or refund.

And don't let this put you off flying drones, sadly there's always a small % of defective units - hopefully you'll have no problems with your replacement!
2018-11-9
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

theothernt Posted at 11-9 13:33
First off, there is no excuse for a bad experience over the phone to support so that should be reported!

As for the drone etc, as you seem to have tried all the reasonable steps to fix the issue - and it's still not fixed - it should be straight forward enough to get an exchange or refund from the place you bought it.

thanks mate, yes all went well with the retailer, should get new drone soon.  but it has soured the  whole experience.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rwynant V1 Posted at 11-9 11:46

Randy, thanks for your kind words, we will follow up OP's concern and do our best to help.
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jorgeo65 Posted at 11-9 13:43
thanks mate, yes all went well with the retailer, should get new drone soon.  but it has soured the  whole experience.

I have received your PM and your experience has been forwarded to the management department for investigation. Since your reseller has replaced the drone, please test its performance when you get it, if there is any further issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-11-10
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-10 02:07
I have received your PM and your experience has been forwarded to the management department for investigation. Since your reseller has replaced the drone, please test its performance when you get it, if there is any further issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.

OK thanks for your help,  I would like to know the outcome of the investigation please.
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jorgeo65 Posted at 11-10 02:17
OK thanks for your help,  I would like to know the outcome of the investigation please.

Yes, we will have someone to contact you after the investigation, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-10
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

I have received my new replacement Drone, just need the weather to clear up so I can give it a good test flight.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jorgeo65 Posted at 11-15 12:10
I have received my new replacement Drone, just need the weather to clear up so I can give it a good test flight.

We're glad to hear about the news, Jorge. Once you've tested the unit and need further help, feel free to let us know and we'll be glad to assist. Hope to hear from you soon!
2018-11-15
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

I have flown it a few times now, I am very impressed with the Mavic 2.
it is so hi tech, will take me a while to work it all out, but that's half the fun, I defiantly need extra battery's. you cant enjoy this great machine with one battery.

I have been contacted by a support manager, he told me he would look into the sub standard service I received and get back to me, but still waiting to here back from him with the outcome.  This whole thing could of been sorted out over the phone in minutes,  and saved me all the time and frustration.
All DJI needs to do is get there support team up to the same standard as there products, and they would be a top notch company.
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

jorgeo65 Posted at 11-25 14:42
I have flown it a few times now, I am very impressed with the Mavic 2.
it is so hi tech, will take me a while to work it all out, but that's half the fun, I defiantly need extra battery's. you cant enjoy this great machine with one battery.

Thank you for sharing your good thoughts about the Mavic 2. For your concern about the outcome after speaking with a manager, we have already sent a follow up request on this. Kindly wait for the next 24 -48 business hours for someone from the designated team contact you. We appreciate your patience.
2018-11-25
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 11-25 15:17
Thank you for sharing your good thoughts about the Mavic 2. For your concern about the outcome after speaking with a manager, we have already sent a follow up request on this. Kindly wait for the next 24 -48 business hours for someone from the designated team contact you. We appreciate your patience.

still waiting to here outcome.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

jorgeo65 Posted at 12-2 13:01
still waiting to here outcome.

Hi jorgeo65, I was able to check and review the case assigned to the designated team and it appears that one of the Manager already responded on this issue. Please refer to the email sent on November 26, 2018 as a final result from a manager after investigation. Thank you!
2018-12-2
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 12-2 13:39
Hi jorgeo65, I was able to check and review the case assigned to the designated team and it appears that one of the Manager already responded on this issue. Please refer to the email sent on November 26, 2018 as a final result from a manager after investigation. Thank you!

I did not receive any email on the 26th, the last email was on the 23rd of November, this is what it said:
  on behalf of Charles, We are sorry to know but our higher department is still trying to sort this out and we are still waiting for the resolution. Once we get a response from them we will get back as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.  
Best Regards,  John Manager, DJI Customer Support.   
could you please resend that final email from the 26th.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jorgeo65 Posted at 12-2 21:25
I did not receive any email on the 26th, the last email was on the 23rd of November, this is what it said:
  on behalf of Charles, We are sorry to know but our higher department is still trying to sort this out and we are still waiting for the resolution. Once we get a response from them we will get back as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.  
Best Regards,  John Manager, DJI Customer Support.   

Hi jorgeo65, sorry to know you haven't received the email, per the system, the email was sent on Nov 26, we will inform the team to contact you again, please wait patiently, thank you.
Just in case you fail to receive the email again, do you have another email account we can refer to?

2018-12-3
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-3 00:45
Hi jorgeo65, sorry to know you haven't received the email, per the system, the email was sent on Nov 26, we will inform the team to contact you again, please wait patiently, thank you.
Just in case you fail to receive the email again, do you have another email account we can refer to?

I have received many messages from DJI, using the email they have, its the same one I use on this forum, so there is no problem with that.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jorgeo65 Posted at 12-3 13:01
I have received many messages from DJI, using the email they have, its the same one I use on this forum, so there is no problem with that.

I see, we have informed the team to contact you again of the final decision, please check later, thank you.
2018-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules