1662 33 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wasn't ready for the M2P or zoom so I opted to pick up a Mavic Pro Platinum using my 12% off B-Day code. So far I'm more than impressed with it's range, battery, and quietness. ITS SOOOOOO QUIET! A little less than impressed with it's low light capability. After one evening I'm thinking my Mavic Air does better in low light. Can't wait for tomorrow to test it out in the day light. Here's a few pics I captured on my first go with the MPP.

PS: It looks like my icon on the left is NOT the MPP. It's just the Mavic Pro. Can an admin change the icon?
catanddrone.jpg
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
planet2.jpg
planet3.jpg
planet5.jpg
plummer1.jpg
plummer2.jpg
rochester.jpg
2018-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice pictures.
I think they look nice.
Yes, you might want to experiment with some of the image settings (picture profile) but already looking great.
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good choice mate! And excellent captures with it too!
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Bing Err, thanks for sharing these photos. They are awesome. About your concern in the icon, kindly send the SN of your aircraft (Mavic Pro Platinum) and the email you used to activate your DJI account thru private message. Thank you.
2018-11-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-9 02:10
Very nice pictures.
I think they look nice.
Yes, you might want to experiment with some of the image settings (picture profile) but already looking great.

Thanks Montfrooij. Still a newbit at it. I look forward to diving in to all the settings.
2018-11-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-9 02:52
Good choice mate! And excellent captures with it too!

Thanks A CW!
2018-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bing Err Posted at 11-9 03:10
Thanks Montfrooij. Still a newbit at it. I look forward to diving in to all the settings.

You're welcome.
Looking forward to seeing the results!
2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome mate - the MPP is an awesome drone.
2018-11-9
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

I picked up the mavic pro at micro center open box for $432.00 us and its an awesome bird. I also have the air since its release. If the pro had the airs camera I believe it would be the perfect setup for me. Congratulations on the pro platinum!
2018-11-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mikem691 Posted at 11-9 12:24
I picked up the mavic pro at micro center open box for $432.00 us and its an awesome bird. I also have the air since its release. If the pro had the airs camera I believe it would be the perfect setup for me. Congratulations on the pro platinum!

Agreed!     
2018-11-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2018-11-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice shots, they all looks nice
2018-11-9
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool. (Literally!!)

I don't think they have a platinum icon.
I had one and they put up Mavic Pro icon.
2018-11-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 11-9 18:47
Very cool. (Literally!!)

I don't think they have a platinum icon.

I think they do have the icon but it appears that some people who own the MPP only get the MP icon. Here are three profiles that have it. I know, silly thing to get uptight about, but many times in the forums I look at what icons a user has before I ask them questions. IE: I wouldn't ask someone for tips with a Mavic Air if they only had icons for a Mavic Pro.

PS: A CW had the icon also.
MPPicon.jpg
2018-11-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome photos!        
2018-11-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Lucas!
2018-11-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2018-11-9
Use props
M K ULTRA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

Nice shots.  liked the snow angel especially.
2018-11-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats Bing on the new MPP and nice shots.
2018-11-10
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

What software do you use bud ? looking good...
2018-11-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gazmg Posted at 11-10 10:30
What software do you use bud ? looking good...

Thanks. Mostly Photoshop but also MS ICE to stitch the tiny planets.
2018-11-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 03:10
Hi Bing Err, thanks for sharing these photos. They are awesome. About your concern in the icon, kindly send the SN of your aircraft (Mavic Pro Platinum) and the email you used to activate your DJI account thru private message. Thank you.

DJI Gamora, can you fix my Mavic Pro Platinum Icon under my profile I'd like it to actually be the Mavic Pro Platinum instead of the Mavic Pro. Possible? Do you need to forward it to someone different maybe? Thanks
MPP Icon.jpg
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bing Err Posted at 11-12 03:25
DJI Gamora, can you fix my Mavic Pro Platinum Icon under my profile I'd like it to actually be the Mavic Pro Platinum instead of the Mavic Pro. Possible? Do you need to forward it to someone different maybe? Thanks

Hi Bing Err, as I mentioned above, I will be needing the SN of your Mavic Pro Platinum and the email you used to activate your DJI account via Personal Message. Thank you.
2018-11-12
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

great pictures...

of the mayo clinic hospital... and its heliport

at night

with a new aircraft ..

in downtown rochester MN

over moving vehicle traffic

at night...

seems prudent ...

2018-11-12
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

oh right... someone pointed out to me... not new aircraft.. 1st flight no less....

what could possibly go wrong....

2018-11-12
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

you can ask this guy how urban flying worked out for him..
looks like it cost him his pro...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-172025-1-1.html
2018-11-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-12 06:38
you can ask this guy how urban flying worked out for him..
looks like it cost him his pro...

I'm assuming you had a bad experience with this forum or a user or something. Because personal experience usually dictates behavior and from your posts I'm sure someone along the way really ticked you off. Sorry if that's the case. However, my personal experience with my 4 DJI drones and literally hundreds of miles and 100s of hours of flights, allows me to fly my drones safely and within federal rules. Even in several situations where the equipment has failed me I've never had an experience where I've lost a drone or put someone in danger with my flying. I do appreciate (kind of) you being critical or people in flying in dangerous situations, however your approach is rather rough and I'm sure produces a lot of defensive responses. I really am trying to be cordial in this response, so sorry if any of it is taken as too obtuse.
Also, St. Mary's isn't even visible in these pictures, as it's on the other side of this stretch of 2nd street, but even so, I fly near St. Mary's often and there is currently no hard restrictions around their helipad. When I do fly around their helipad I make sure I move out of their airspace if they are flying in or out of the St. Mary's area.
2018-11-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-12 03:41
Hi Bing Err, as I mentioned above, I will be needing the SN of your Mavic Pro Platinum and the email you used to activate your DJI account via Personal Message. Thank you.

Great! I'll do that tomorrow. Sorry I didn't see the end of your message when viewing on my phone. Apologies. Thanks for taking the time.
2018-11-12
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Great shots Bing Err.

I think that you made a wise choice with the MPP. After two years it's really well sorted out to be a hassle free machine

Your cat looks a bit jealous though, maybe because you have a new pet
2018-11-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 11-12 20:02
Great shots Bing Err.

I think that you made a wise choice with the MPP. After two years it's really well sorted out to be a hassle free machine

yeah, if it fits it sits.

So far I'm really impressed with the distance, battery life, and quietness. It's quite a machine. I did have a little trouble on the 3rd and 4th day but I figured out its where the cable connects to the phone. I swapped the cable with my Mavic Air cable and it worked perfectly today. So I think I solved the only problem that I've run into so far.
2018-11-12
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Bing Err Posted at 11-12 19:21
I'm assuming you had a bad experience with this forum or a user or something. Because personal experience usually dictates behavior and from your posts I'm sure someone along the way really ticked you off. Sorry if that's the case. However, my personal experience with my 4 DJI drones and literally hundreds of miles and 100s of hours of flights, allows me to fly my drones safely and within federal rules. Even in several situations where the equipment has failed me I've never had an experience where I've lost a drone or put someone in danger with my flying. I do appreciate (kind of) you being critical or people in flying in dangerous situations, however your approach is rather rough and I'm sure produces a lot of defensive responses. I really am trying to be cordial in this response, so sorry if any of it is taken as too obtuse.
Also, St. Mary's isn't even visible in these pictures, as it's on the other side of this stretch of 2nd street, but even so, I fly near St. Mary's often and there is currently no hard restrictions around their helipad. When I do fly around their helipad I make sure I move out of their airspace if they are flying in or out of the St. Mary's area.

The thread that I referred to is about a guy like you that has flown 'lots of miles' doing things like this and not seeing a problem with it until the day it crashes (and he has no idea where it when down or what it hit into downtown denver)... and I am sure you didn't read it.

if you think that flying at night, first flight out of the box, over the mayo clinic (and its marked helipad warning area) and moving traffic is "in line with federal regulations" and is even remotely safe... well that is the reason that the F A A is about to clamp down hard on the rest of us.

the new re-authorization bill now allows them to pass all the regulations that they want to begin limiting for what many here do for a hobby and some do as a  profession because examples like this were brought up time and time again at working groups trying to decide how to deal with this...

so, I hope that you didn't find that too direct but that is my feeling on this like it or not....
2018-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

All Mavic Pro and platinum have limited camera sensors for low light, however I think you got the best out of it, MavAir May work slightly better than MPP, in low light but it’s tech is a lot newer, really nice job though.
Signal will also be a great advantage over MavAir and spark in urban surroundings , the Mavic Pro is a great Aircraft with very few problems enjoy and happy flying.
2018-11-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-13 05:30
All Mavic Pro and platinum have limited camera sensors for low light, however I think you got the best out of it, MavAir May work slightly better than MPP, in low light but it’s tech is a lot newer, really nice job though.
Signal will also be a great advantage over MavAir and spark in urban surroundings , the Mavic Pro is a great Aircraft with very few problems enjoy and happy flying.

Totally agree. The Mavic Air is a little bit better in low light, but I also turned on the "Vivid" camera setting on the MPP so I think that helps a bit. I've been getting AMAZING distances so far with the MPP. Very happy with this purchase so far. Thanks for commenting.
2018-11-13
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-13 04:54
The thread that I referred to is about a guy like you that has flown 'lots of miles' doing things like this and not seeing a problem with it until the day it crashes (and he has no idea where it when down or what it hit into downtown denver)... and I am sure you didn't read it.

if you think that flying at night, first flight out of the box, over the mayo clinic (and its marked helipad warning area) and moving traffic is "in line with federal regulations" and is even remotely safe... well that is the reason that the F A A is about to clamp down hard on the rest of us.

Why doesn't your distance show up in your profile?
2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules