Battery Compatibility P4 and P4 Pro
6833 6 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loflybyP4
lvl.1

United States

Good morning everybody, greetings from SoCal,

I would like this forum to help me to resolve once and for all a question I have regarding the compatibility between the Phantom 4 and the Phantom 4 Pro batteries.
Are the batteries used in the Phantom 4 Pro compatible with the Phantom 4?
I really appreciate a definite and concise answer to this question, it seems DJI support doesn't provide a straight answer to it, so please DJI Forum stay centered around the question.

I appreciate

AD
2018-11-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, those batteries are compatible. You can use any P4 battery in any P4 model.
2018-11-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll second post 2, P4 series batteries are fully compatible.

The original P4 batteries had about ten percent less capacity than those available now (the 'high capacity' ones :-)   ). But other than that no difference, same charger etc.
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes, they are fully compatible to use. Thank you.

2018-11-9
Use props
loflybyP4
lvl.1

United States

I would like to thank all the pilots who responded to my query. Now I know how to proceed on purchasing spare batteries for my drone.

Cheers!
AD
2018-11-9
Use props
Stef097890
lvl.1
Italy

I am sorry to bring back this old post, but I couldn't find a more recent one on the topic.

Is the batteries compatibility situation changed lately?
I am asking because my Phantom 4 Pro v2 keeps asking me for firmware updates very often, and I suspect it is happening because of my last 2 purchased batteries.
To my eyes all my 5 batteries looks like the same, and works exactly the same, but can it be those last 2 are too old even if newer?
2022-6-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Stef097890 Posted at 6-15 12:04
I am sorry to bring back this old post, but I couldn't find a more recent one on the topic.

Is the batteries compatibility situation changed lately?

There has been no change to compatibility of the batteries.
But batteries have firmware just as the drone has, but battery firmware updates are less frequent that those for the drone.
It sounds like some of your batteries  have different firmware versions.
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules