577 4 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday was a bit hectic with all the wildfire and mandatory evacuation (Woolsey Fire in Thousand Oaks, CA), but I finally was able to fly FPV today.
Connection was bad. I don’t know what affected it, but when I got my M2P barely 300 ft up my 1080 screen became extremely choppy, the switched to BW, then froze for what seemed like a minute.
I ended up powering goggles off, and then on the phone the image was smooth and fine.
I tried several things at lower altitude, and it worked fine, but that got me worried. If all I can use the goggles for is for a few hundred feet, that probably will be an overkill.
Other than that, controlling the dron with your head feels awesome. I noticed strange thing though: it rotated clockwise (head to my right) much more willingly that counter clockwise (head to my left). Maybe a glitch?
To be continued...
2018-11-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Apparently, I'm stupid. For some reason, I didn't think to use the antenna. There were two seemingly identical ones in a sealed bag, and I thought they are only needed for a non-DJI RC toys.
Once I attached the antenna, I was able to get as high as 300 meters without losing HD live view.
Life is good.
2018-11-10
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

DarthSLR Posted at 11-10 13:37
Apparently, I'm stupid. For some reason, I didn't think to use the antenna. There were two seemingly identical ones in a sealed bag, and I thought they are only needed for a non-DJI RC toys.
Once I attached the antenna, I was able to get as high as 300 meters without losing HD live view.
Life is good.

How far horizontally were you able to fly, before it cut out?
2018-11-11
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-11 02:10
How far horizontally were you able to fly, before it cut out?

Well, with all the fires around, I’m staying home, and I didn’t want to fly it out over populated areas, as people usually get really annoyed by these things flying over their properties (I know I am , so I was only taking it up and down. Once the situation is contained I will take it out to an open space and try over there.
2018-11-11
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

DarthSLR Posted at 11-11 08:38
Well, with all the fires around, I’m staying home, and I didn’t want to fly it out over populated areas, as people usually get really annoyed by these things flying over their properties (I know I am , so I was only taking it up and down. Once the situation is contained I will take it out to an open space and try over there.

Look after yourself.
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules