743 18 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

So today i had a flight with my first battery no issues, went out just over 4km and back RTH worked great, on the second battery i was playing with the quick shot modes and once done decided to fly out a bit on sports mode, i also decided to try out the fail safe of rth on disconnect around 150 meters from me so i turned off the RC and watched the drone, after a few seconds rth engaged but instead of coming to the home point which was me it started flying away from me in the other direction, powered on RC and brought the drone back to 150 meters from me and this time tried rth by pressing and holding the rth button on the RC and it worked as it should, went back to 150 and turned off rc and rth kicked in and went the other way again so powered on and did rth on rc, when drone came down to land it was off the landing point by 2 meters or so and once landed the motors would not shut off and kept spinning and that too very fast like something was holding it back and it was trying to get away, had to shut motors off with the sticks, busy refreshing the firmware etc now and will try this again. I checked the logs and it does not show any errors

Edit: After 2 firmware refresh and recals including restarting after doing each thing the drone seems to be working like it should, even the landing is much better now and off by just a few inches as compared to before when it was off by meters

2018-11-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thinking about this mate - the latrst drones have flight autonomy 2.0 (started with the P4P V1) - when signal is lost and RTH is activated - the M2 will retrace it's previous route and fly back in the direction is was flying for 30 seconds then if no signal is regained or you do not cancel the RTH it will then fly back to you as normal. This is to prevent you from losing the shoot and starting again.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-10 02:03
Thinking about this mate - the latrst drones have flight autonomy 2.0 (started with the P4P V1) - when signal is lost and RTH is activated - the M2 will retrace it's previous route and fly back in the direction is was flying for 30 seconds then if no signal is regained or you do not cancel the RTH it will then fly back to you as normal. This is to prevent you from losing the shoot and starting again.

That is interesting, i am going to try this again coming towards me and shut off RC, if it works this way then YAHOO
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-10 02:03

Hey Andy, Just did another trial now and it does not come back, it does fly the route it came and if that is in the opposite direction of home it keeps going that way till the RC reconnects then it turns around and comes the right way. This is a serious Bug that Dji needs to resolve very quickly.
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-10 03:33
Hey Andy, Just did another trial now and it does not come back, it does fly the route it came and if that is in the opposite direction of home it keeps going that way till the RC reconnects then it turns around and comes the right way. This is a serious Bug that Dji needs to resolve very quickly.

Wow - that is not good at all! I wouldn't fly it mate
2018-11-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's not good at all, I'd ground it til it's resolved. Not good at all.
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-10 04:05

Yeah, going to ground it for now or maybe just some close flights nothing to far away
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 11-10 04:11
That's not good at all, I'd ground it til it's resolved. Not good at all.

Going to do that but if there is an urge as this hobby is an addiction will do some close flights just for the kick of it
2018-11-10
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

A CW Posted at 11-10 04:05

WHAT? Ppl do not fly your mavic 2 until this is resolved! When the remote disconnects the drone should fly home right away! And not following where it was flying !

Fly safely all and preferably not on mavic 2 at the moment!
Alex
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Alex B. Posted at 11-10 08:25
WHAT? Ppl do not fly your mavic 2 until this is resolved! When the remote disconnects the drone should fly home right away! And not following where it was flying !

Fly safely all and preferably not on mavic 2 at the moment!

I did a full refresh and flew a few hindred meters just now and it seems to be better, after turning off the RC the drone retraced its steps for a few seconds and then after about 15 seconds came straight back to the homepoint, would have liked it to work exactly the way the Mavic 1 worked but at least its working now
2018-11-10
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Suren Posted at 11-10 08:31
I did a full refresh and flew a few hindred meters just now and it seems to be better, after turning off the RC the drone retraced its steps for a few seconds and then after about 15 seconds came straight back to the homepoint, would have liked it to work exactly the way the Mavic 1 worked but at least its working now

Puff good to know!

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-10 08:31

Thats good to know but my confidence in it would be shaken after that
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Alex B. Posted at 11-10 09:03
Puff good to know!

Fly safely and enjoy

Yes                                                                                                                                 
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-10 09:06
Thats good to know but my confidence in it would be shaken after that

I am going to be testing this properly before I decide to go out far, well I actually already went out 5km yesterday and it went fine the signal for RC and HD was rock solid and at that distance only dropped 1 bar but if and when it does disconnect it must work properly.
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-10 09:09
I am going to be testing this properly before I decide to go out far, well I actually already went out 5km yesterday and it went fine the signal for RC and HD was rock solid and at that distance only dropped 1 bar but if and when it does disconnect it must work properly.

I've seen range tests on there drones reach 6 miles mate with no signal loss - that is AMAZING! The problem with these drones now is the battery will force the drone back before the signal... Unless you have a Spark or Mavic Air
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-10 09:18
I've seen range tests on there drones reach 6 miles mate with no signal loss - that is AMAZING! The problem with these drones now is the battery will force the drone back before the signal... Unless you have a Spark or Mavic Air

Agreed it seems that Dji have done well with the range for these drones, if I can find a nice open space i would really like to see how far it can go one way before it cuts off and drive there to collect it.
2018-11-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 11-10 09:23
Agreed it seems that Dji have done well with the range for these drones, if I can find a nice open space i would really like to see how far it can go one way before it cuts off and drive there to collect it.

Got this from the manual mate - this is what to expect: -
2018-11-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 11-10 09:26
Got this from the manual mate - this is what to expect: -
[view_image]

Handy info to know, JJB posted this as well in the other thread, Thanks