Notice Only for Inspire 2 Users Connecting DJI CINESSD Station (T...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Notice Only for Inspire 2 Users Connecting DJI CINESSD Station (Thunderbolt 3) with MacOS Mojave (v10.14)

DJI is aware that the DJI CINESSD Station (Thunderbolt 3) is unable to read data when connected to computers using the latest MacOS Mojave (version 10.14). Data stored on the SSD and CINESSD Station is not affected. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve this issue. We understand that our customers rely on this equipment daily and will update our user base as soon as the issue has been addressed.

If you're using the DJI CINESSD Station (Thunderbolt 3) and MacOS Mojave (version 10.14) to copy data, we have created a workflow workaround:

1. Downgrade your Mac from MacOS Mojave to MacOS High Sierra, or copy data from the DJI CINESSD to a Windows computer using a portable hard drive. Connect the hard drive to your Mac to read data.
2. The DJI CINESSD Station (USB 3.0) does still function and is not affected by the latest MacOS Mojave update.

For more support, please contact us: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-11-9
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879843 ft
United States

Does the thunderbolt 3 work with lacie copilot?
2019-1-16
Use props
Gael
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15449035 ft
  • >>>
France

The issue is not Fixed ?
2019-1-20
Use props
Klayk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26263 ft
United States

Frank White 9 Posted at 1-16 03:55
Does the thunderbolt 3 work with lacie copilot?

Sorry it does not.  I had many emails with Lacie and the copilot does not have enough juice to power thunderbolt 3.  I also have this cinessd thunderbolt 3 issue with Mohave, I think I started the service call and there is another thread about it (https://forum.dji.com/thread-170566-1-1.html) ... but I don't want to downgrade to Sierra so I purchased the cinessd USB-A version.  It does work with the copilot and mohave.  So I have this expensive cinessd thunderbolt 3 paperweight until DJI works with Apple to fix the compatibility issue.
2019-2-6
Use props
Klayk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26263 ft
United States

Gael Posted at 1-20 09:10
The issue is not Fixed ?

It still does not work on my system and the last I contacted DJI he said:
Ejay (大疆创新)
12月19日 CST19:22

Dear Klay,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

We appreciate you for getting back on us regarding your concern about your Thunderbolt 3. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

First of all, I do apologize for the long wait for the update, currently it is still on process and will be resolve in the future. The provided solution for the meantime is still to downgrade the MacOS Mojave system to MacOS High Sierra system. The issue will not affect your data safety, and the issue will be fixed by updating the MacOS system in the future.

Should you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
Ejay
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI
2019-2-6
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

After 3 months there are still no upgrades ???
2019-2-8
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879843 ft
United States

I was so happy when I first purchased me TB3 CINESSD Card Reader and now the honey moon is over!
A piece crap is all it is now
Why me DJI¿
2019-2-8
Use props
fans9da6e885
lvl.2
Flight distance : 485049 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a professional photographer, licensed engineer and drone pilot.  I use drones for two of my businesses.

I used to own the USB version of the CineStation.  It worked fine, albeit slowly.  I upgraded to the Thunderbolt 3 version of the CineStation to move data faster, as have many other users.  It worked like a charm with Mac High Sierra.  I just shot over 500GB of CinemaDNG video footage for a client this weekend and the Thunderbolt 3 CineStation is not recognized on my iMac Pro running Mojave 10.14.3.  I looked up reasons for this and came across this thread.  Ugh. This thread dates back to November 2018, 3 months ago and still no solution!I

I proceeded to call DJI support about this.  I spoke to Carlos, who was very polite and courteous, but limited on any solutions he could offer other than reading the first post here.  This is very discouraging.

I was told that my concerns would be sent to the DJI engineers and I should expect an answer within 24-48 hours.  Meanwhile, I have a client that needs their videos.

For reference, I have invested heavily in DJI products as a professional user:
Inspire 1
Matrice 210
Zenmuse X5S
Zenmuse Z30
Inspire 2
Cendence
CrystalSky 7.85
CineSSD's
Ronin
Ronin S
Mavic Pro Platinum
Mavic 2 Pro
And countless other accessories, batteries, lenses, etc.
This is well over $50K of DJI products.

So, 3 months after realizing they have a problem, and with no solution in sight, we are left with the only workaround (lame) solution being a downgrade to High Sierra OS in order to use DJI’s faulty product.  Not cool.  Not workable.  Not professional.

I explained to the DJI support representative that printer and peripheral companies offer new drivers and firmware to suit new operating systems all the time.  In DJI’s case, we are told that we need to downgrade to an old operating system in order to use their BRAND NEW product!  As a temporary workaround, this is understandable, but this is now 3 months later and still no resolution.  We are professional users and need a professional solution after spending money on their product.
While I was on hold, a potential resolution popped into my head which I shared with Carlos.  DJI should loan T3 CineStation users a USB3 CineStation until they fix their faulty product.  They charge $150 for the USB3 version.  Their cost is probably $50 or less.

Wouldn’t that be a professional gesture to service their high end clients?!

2019-2-18
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

fans9da6e885 Posted at 2-18 12:30
I am a professional photographer, licensed engineer and drone pilot.  I use drones for two of my businesses.

I used to own the USB version of the CineStation.  It worked fine, albeit slowly.  I upgraded to the Thunderbolt 3 version of the CineStation to move data faster, as have many other users.  It worked like a charm with Mac High Sierra.  I just shot over 500GB of CinemaDNG video footage for a client this weekend and the Thunderbolt 3 CineStation is not recognized on my iMac Pro running Mojave 10.14.3.  I looked up reasons for this and came across this thread.  Ugh. This thread dates back to November 2018, 3 months ago and still no solution!I

No offense, but after using all of those DJI products I think you'd know by now what to expect.

You've put quite a substantial sum into DJI products considering you're doing it yourself, I hope you decide to use different products moving forward in light of the nonsense DJI is allowing that inhibits the overall efficiency of your business
2019-2-19
Use props
Kirk Voclain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1478914 ft
United States

Still nothing????
2019-2-20
Use props
fans9da6e885
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

After the call to DJI, I decided to try Apple.  I figured, maybe there is some light they can shed on this issue.  Upon speaking with them, they had me utilize "CaptureData" to log what happens when the CineStation is plugged in and FAILS.  That is now in Apple's hands.  We'll see what they have to say.

The unfortunate part is that we (professionals) have chosen to rely on these platforms for business growth and now are handcuffed (to some degree) as a result.  I realize there is a workaround, and I had to initiate that in order to deliver this project, but 5 months is WAY TOO LONG to let a professional user base wait for a solution.
DJI PLEASE STEP UP!

Printer and peripheral manufacturers step up and revise their drivers, etc. to function with new OS's.  Why can't you?

In the meantime, as a measure of good faith, loan me a USB3 version of the CineStation (since I sold my old one to upgrade to this T3 desktop brick version).

It goes without saying that I have not heard any more from DJI after they "sent the inquiry to their engineers".  Ugh.
2019-2-20
Use props
Amin Desai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53241 ft
Pakistan

Hi I need an urgent help
2019-2-23
Use props
Amin Desai
lvl.2
Pakistan

nderbolt cinessd station to my Asus laptop. Getting this message: thunderbolt device functionality might be limited. Can someone guide me
2019-2-23
Use props
Amin Desai
lvl.2
Pakistan

I just bought this reader so faster data transfer but it looks like i made a mistake. Should have gone with the cheaper version
2019-2-23
Use props
Amin Desai
lvl.2
Pakistan

I just bought this reader so faster data transfer but it looks like i made a mistake. Should have gone with the cheaper version
2019-2-23
Use props
fans9da6e885
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Amin,
You are on your own.  DJI has not stepped up to fix this major problem.  You have to use a computer that runs High Sierra.  It is terrible that a company charges over $300 for a current READER and can't step up to provide new firmware to work with an updated operating system.  This is NOT the way to treat professional users.

DJI WHEN WILL YOU OFFER NEW FIRMWARE FOR THE CINESTATION???  PLEASE PROVIDE AN ANSWER!!
2019-3-11
Use props
fanscab52752
lvl.2
Finland

DJI WHEN WILL YOU OFFER NEW FIRMWARE FOR THE CINESTATION!!!!!?
2019-3-25
Use props
James Powers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3090213 ft
United States

Copy that,

I just bought the Cine SSD station (USB 3.0) and I am able to get this to work on my mac, but this thing is unusable on my Windows 10 PC. What's the deal? It transfers fast for the first few seconds then the data drops to zero bytes/s? Why is this?
2019-4-8
Use props
RotorW
lvl.2

United States

DJI Where is the firmware update to make this work on a Mac without making us DOWNGRADE an entire computer to make up for your lack of support for the standard Mac OS?
2019-4-24
Use props
CarlitoQuerido
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31483763 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

you can imagine that I'm literally in my client's office, both looking this without having a proper solution?
2019-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules