CE TO FCC
4372 21 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

just done a CE to FCC change faking GPS on my iPad,, question I would like to know is, if there is an update for drone or controller or the go4 app will I have to go through that all over again to get it back into FCC,, if it changes back to CE with any of the updates. or are we set for good as long as I hit cancel on app startup.
2018-11-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi raven,

Just hit cancel always!  

cheers
JJB
2018-11-10
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Sweden

Thanks for the reply JJB,,so it would still work if dji came out with any updates for either drone, controller or the app, by still hitting the cancel option, that's good to know.
2018-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

raven swe Posted at 11-10 12:23
Thanks for the reply JJB,,so it would still work if dji came out with any updates for either drone, controller or the app, by still hitting the cancel option, that's good to know.

Yes but you won’t be able to do updates , if you want to do updates then you will have to go through same procedure.
I also think that your warranty may be void if your drone crashes or malfunctions .
2018-11-10
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, data is saved in the drone * so when updating Go4 ; no problem. (i update my app many time from .12 to latest version)
*afaik, or stored somewhere else but updating does not effect this setting (edited 12 nov)

About warranty, DJI drones are made to fly in FCC so no problem i guess. But we will only know if there is a claim wich is not accepted by DJI beacuse drone is FCC flying in CE country.

cheers
JJB
2018-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Again JJB leading you astray your warranty will be void, I have already seen one case where this has happened to an Australian guy, I have tried to search the forum to show you this, but it’s not easy to find stuff on this forum.
There is a very good reason why your drone is designed the way it is and JJB forgot to tell you exactly why your drone is designed to fly in FCC and CE and whatever it needs to fly in other regions. It’s simple if you want to travel with your drone then it will operate under the restrictions of the area it’s flying in. IE if an American travels with his drone to Europe then his drone automatically will fly under CE.
I’m certain dji will not have tested any of these jailbreaks and for this reason if your aircraft crashes using something that hasn’t been tested for, do you think they will honour the warranty.
2018-11-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've often wondered where the fake Home Point is with these hacks :-)

The flight data would store all relevant information, so presumably up to DJI to decide whether their system software had been circumvented or not. What if the hack has a bug or makes some unknown changes.
2018-11-11
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Sweden

ok thanks for the answers guys,, fake gps was how I done it,, no hacking of the app,, as far as warranty goes I'm not worried about it, pilot error. software issue, or firmware issue I'll just go buy a new one,  don't really need the hassel of sending logs here there and everywhere and the time involved and what else is needed to make a claim, its cheap enough and much quicker to just go buy a new one. reason I wanted to do it is for the dropping connection, I live in the middle of a forest and want to fly around a lake that's just half a km away from me, heavy woods giving me connection drop outs, no problem now with the fcc mode running.
2018-11-11
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 11-11 14:52

The flight data would store all relevant information, so presumably up to DJI to decide whether their system software had been circumvented or not. What if the hack has a bug or makes some unknown changes.

Hi Aardvak,

The OP is not talking about a hack to the software or use a modded software. So as a said before i do not believe that it will void a warranty claim. But not 100% sure, we will never know this unless DJI will use this to reject a claim.

Tecnically a DJI drone is made as a FCC drone, only limited to CE to following country rules.

Its the same driving a car in different countries with their own speed limits. If the car gets an accident due to a tech failiure the car company will not reject that claim because you speed was 10 miles above the limit in that country.

cheers
JJB

2018-11-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 13:38
Again JJB leading you astray your warranty will be void, I have already seen one case where this has happened to an Australian guy, I have tried to search the forum to show you this, but it’s not easy to find stuff on this forum.
There is a very good reason why your drone is designed the way it is and JJB forgot to tell you exactly why your drone is designed to fly in FCC and CE and whatever it needs to fly in other regions. It’s simple if you want to travel with your drone then it will operate under the restrictions of the area it’s flying in. IE if an American travels with his drone to Europe then his drone automatically will fly under CE.
I’m certain dji will not have tested any of these jailbreaks and for this reason if your aircraft crashes using something that hasn’t been tested for, do you think they will honour the warranty.

ah, come on Hallmark, stop with mis-reading my postings!

Why use the word AGAIN?  read my text again, i said i am not 100% sure etc...
your #4 > may be void

your #6 > will be void

your #18 > likely to void

So your text is so far out to react on my postings, your text says more about you than about me.

cheers
JJB

2018-11-12
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-10 12:48
Yes but you won’t be able to do updates , if you want to do updates then you will have to go through same procedure.
I also think that your warranty may be void if your drone crashes or malfunctions .

That is incorrect, at least the first part, the updates have no effect on the fake gps method of getting FCC broadcast strength (at least none have in the last year anyway). As mentioned above as long as you hit the Cancel option when it asks you about your Wi-fi area it will be retained.
2018-11-12
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 11-11 14:52

That isn't how it works. The location you set up in the Fake GPS app is just to switch the hardware to FCC broadcast strength. Once you have done that every time you fire up the drone a message pops up to say that it appears you are in a different FCC/CE WI-FI zone, with the options of 'Ok'ing or 'Cancel'ing that. If you hit OK it will switch you back to CE mode/the mode where you physically are, if you hit Cancel it doesn't change you back. The drone/software still knows where you are in reality and operates completely normally, it doesn't attempt an Atlantic ocean crossing!
2018-11-12
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 13:38

With all due respect I have never seen JJB leading anyone astray deliberately.

His FRAP program has proven to be of great use to people trying to diagnose flight problems so I think that JJB deserves recognition for helping us people who fly DJI.

Also his 'post mortems' have helped more than a few people. These take time and effort to compile so thank you JJB for all the work.

As for 'Fake GPS', yes it is useful if one has a valid reason to use it but I always wondered where my Mavic Pro would attempt to fly to if I invoked RTH and the GPS said that I was in Arizona (a long way from Australia) so would definitely not  try to update the home point to the r/c location.

All such 'apps' should be used with extreme caution
2018-11-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MKPSG12 Posted at 11-12 00:47
That isn't how it works. The location you set up in the Fake GPS app is just to switch the hardware to FCC broadcast strength. Once you have done that every time you fire up the drone a message pops up to say that it appears you are in a different FCC/CE WI-FI zone, with the options of 'Ok'ing or 'Cancel'ing that. If you hit OK it will switch you back to CE mode/the mode where you physically are, if you hit Cancel it doesn't change you back. The drone/software still knows where you are in reality and operates completely normally, it doesn't attempt an Atlantic ocean crossing!

Yep, and works great, best for the Spark; not for increasing range (fly within LOS) but for more stable connection.
2018-11-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

On Facebook there is a lot of this item going on: https://www.facebook.com/2218758 ... d/2286488144971053/   even a tweaked version!
2018-11-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Boffin Posted at 11-12 00:49

His FRAP program has proven to be of great use to people trying to diagnose flight problems so I think that JJB deserves recognition for helping us people who fly DJI.

Hi Boffin,

Thanks for your nice words.

To set up a fake GPS position use an app. Once done close this and all is normal.
If it stays on your system think that you really are somewhere else....crossing the ocean on 1 battery doesn`t bring succes!

cheers
JJB

2018-11-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oke, but that is pure a hack uh modded version of the software. I will not use that.
2018-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Boffin Posted at 11-12 00:49

First I never mentioned anything about frap program, I merely pointed out using third party SW of any kind and crashing is likely to void warranty , I think you also point to a simple fact that this would worry yourself using fake gps. I think it’s fairly clear OP is a newbie so it warrants us all to try to give all the information to try to help and it’s as simple as that.
2018-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MKPSG12 Posted at 11-12 00:42
That is incorrect, at least the first part, the updates have no effect on the fake gps method of getting FCC broadcast strength (at least none have in the last year anyway). As mentioned above as long as you hit the Cancel option when it asks you about your Wi-fi area it will be retained.

Again that’s not what I said, what I said was simply that updating your aircraft will mean that OP would have to go again and upload fake gps information, which I presumed was in answer to his question.
2018-11-12
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 03:40
Again that’s not what I said, what I said was simply that updating your aircraft will mean that OP would have to go again and upload fake gps information, which I presumed was in answer to his question.

I'm not sure what you mean, you seem to have repeated (my understanding) of what you said initially?

If you update the app, you do not need to do the Fake GPS thing again. Once you've done it, its like flipping a switch in the hardware. Only accepting/OKing the WI-fi message will flip it back.
2018-11-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

MKPSG12 Posted at 11-14 03:08
I'm not sure what you mean, you seem to have repeated (my understanding) of what you said initially?

If you update the app, you do not need to do the Fake GPS thing again. Once you've done it, its like flipping a switch in the hardware. Only accepting/OKing the WI-fi message will flip it back.

you dont need use fake GpS using the russian mod https://yadi.sk/d/Fcvj9TTi3R6nRX

dji_go_4.2.6_mod7.rar  

password is : 136
2018-11-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I use these mods for Phantom 3 SE  ( Dji GO 3.1.34 mod )  & Mavic (Dji GO 4  VERSION 4.2.6 mod7) Respectively.
These mods dont allow the switch to CE AGAIN , this is why you dont need use fake Gps anymore

dji_go_4.2.6_mod7 - Modification of the 4.2.6 version with forced fcc and the window about changing standards is disabled. Viewing saved flights does not work! Password to archive one hundred thirty six.

2018-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules