What is Sparks frame rate?
9032 23 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

I'm learning a cinematic filming technique and they all say to film at 120 frames per second so in post you can slow the footage to a buttery slow cinematic speed. So I'm curious what is the stock frame rate of Spark? And if there is a way to modify Spark's frame rate to the 120 frames a second?
2018-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Aaron. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Sorry to say but spark only has 1920×1080 30p, There are no other frame rates supported. Thank you.
2018-11-10
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-10 15:01
Hi, Aaron. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Sorry to say but spark only has 1920×1080 30p, There are no other frame rates supported. Thank you.

So I know what drone to dream of owning someday, what is the first drone in your lineup that you can adjust frame rate on?
2018-11-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Aaron Avila Posted at 11-10 15:16
So I know what drone to dream of owning someday, what is the first drone in your lineup that you can adjust frame rate on?

Mavic air for me
4k@30 is enough for me
2018-11-10
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 11-10 19:48
Mavic air for me
4k@30 is enough for me

Jackson can you adjust your frame rate? That's the key to b roll bro.
2018-11-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Aaron Avila Posted at 11-10 20:47
Jackson can you adjust your frame rate? That's the key to b roll bro.

Yes you can at 1080p 30/60/120
2018-11-10
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Well on Mavic Pro you can adjust the frame rate on any resolution, I’m not sure about mavic air as I don’t have one

Fly safely
Alex
2018-11-10
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5035761 ft
United States

didn't we cover this the other day in another thread you started?
2018-11-11
Use props
Tom Iliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1004 ft
  • >>>
United States

30 fps bro that's it
2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 05:57
didn't we cover this the other day in another thread you started?

Not my question can you adjust the frame rate on the Mavic Pro.
2018-11-11
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

If only there was a website run by DJI that had all the specs of the different drones they make, oh wait, its HERE
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 11-11 09:22
Not my question can you adjust the frame rate on the Mavic Pro.

"
I'm learning a cinematic filming technique and they all say to film at 120 frames per second so in post you can slow the footage to a buttery slow cinematic speed. So I'm curious what is the stock frame rate of Spark? And if there is a way to modify Spark's frame rate to the 120 frames a second?"

you were asking about the sparks framerate and as we have covered with you before .. its locked at 30fps
2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Spark is only 30 frames per second. Although most will say you can't slow 30fps I found a tutorial and confirmed you can slow Spark footage by 20% and produce more of a cinematic look to your vide.
2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 11-11 12:28
Spark is only 30 frames per second. Although most will say you can't slow 30fps I found a tutorial and confirmed you can slow Spark footage by 20% and produce more of a cinematic look to your vide.
[view_image]

nobody on your 3 threads that you now have going on this have they said you can't post process the spark 30fps to 24fps and only one chicken-somethingorother was trying to slow it to 15fps and wonder why it was jerky...

enough spamming of these youtube lessons.. we all know how to google around here

2018-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Harbourside Posted at 11-11 11:22
If only there was a website run by DJI that had all the specs of the different drones they make, oh wait, its HERE

Think it looks like there’s some kind of pi#s take going on here.
2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 13:08
nobody on your 3 threads that you now have going on this have they said you can't post process the spark 30fps to 24fps and only one chicken-somethingorother was trying to slow it to 15fps and wonder why it was jerky...

enough spamming of these youtube lessons.. we all know how to google around here

EVEN BETTER PLEASE STOP READING AND COMMENTING ON MY THREADS.
STOP!
You're a negative person.
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 11-11 14:27
EVEN BETTER PLEASE STOP READING AND COMMENTING ON MY THREADS.
STOP!
You're a negative person.

I have taken quite a lot of time to write you some very lengthly and technically based responses .. and as you wish.. I will leave you alone.. since you are un-appreciative...

NOW STOP SPAMING THIS FORUM WITH THE COME AND WATCH MY CHANNEL CR*P
2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 14:29
I have taken quite a lot of time to write you some very lengthly and technically based responses .. and as you wish.. I will leave you alone.. since you are un-appreciative...

NOW STOP SPAMING THIS FORUM WITH THE COME AND WATCH MY CHANNEL CR*P

Do you think you're an admin? You don't come across constructive. I'm sorry if I'm getting the wrong impression from you. I'm not spamming!
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 11-11 14:37
Do you think you're an admin? You don't come across constructive. I'm sorry if I'm getting the wrong impression from you. I'm not spamming!

then I suggest you go back and read the couple of dozens of posts i wrote to you from everything to setting up your controller sticks to overcome your handicap to inane and stupid questions on framerate specs that my 8 yo could look up with google...

and don't bother with an apology as at this point I don't care...

your wish is my command..  I will no longer take the tine to help you further.. good luck on your endeavors and I am sure you will find no end to the keyboard commando crowd that will be willing to spend their time to help you out...
2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 14:41
then I suggest you go back and read the couple of dozens of posts i wrote to you from everything to setting up your controller sticks to overcome your handicap to inane and stupid questions on framerate specs that my 8 yo could look up with google...

and don't bother with an apology as at this point I don't care...

Okay look clearly we are having a miscommunication. You say don't bother with an apology. Well what kind of man would I be if I didn't apologize when I'm feeling wrong? Please bro can we let the past be the past and emit only positive energy towards each other. I'm willing are you?
2018-11-11
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 11-11 16:00
Okay look clearly we are having a miscommunication. You say don't bother with an apology. Well what kind of man would I be if I didn't apologize when I'm feeling wrong? Please bro can we let the past be the past and emit only positive energy towards each other. I'm willing are you?

I didn't down vote you.. it takes a man to apologize .. and I will step up and accept .. but you will not be hearing from me again...

I will leave you with my last piece of advice .. per the last regularory working group on drones.. and the new re-authorization I would be keeping a lower profile if I were you... I assume that you are operating 107 due to your youtube channel .. and if your not .. that is another ball of wax but the powers that be are really going to start tighteniing their grip on this community.. and having been certificated for 30 years i can tell you the only thing they love more than their regulations are enforceing them ....

if you dent ding or scratch anthing or anyone that costs more than $250 bucks or stiches you have to report it under 107 or if you pop up on their radar through your social media profile..... you would have to explain this....

Section 107.17 Medical condition. (2018)Section 107.17 Medical condition.
No person may manipulate the flight controls of a small unmanned aircraft system or act as a remote pilot in command, visual observer, or direct participant in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft if he or she knows or has reason to know that he or she has a physical or mental condition that would interfere with the safe operation of the small unmanned aircraft system.
Advisory Circular 107-2 on Section 107.17 Medical condition.
Medical Condition. Being able to safely operate the sUAS relies on, among other things, the physical and mental capabilities of the remote PIC, person manipulating the controls, VO, and any other direct participant in the sUAS operation. Though the person manipulating the controls of an sUAS and VO are not required to obtain an airman medical certificate, they may not participate in the operation of an sUAS if they know or have reason to know that they have a physical or mental condition that could interfere with the safe operation of the sUAS.
Physical or Mental Incapacitations. Obvious examples of physical or mental incapacitations that could render a remote PIC, person manipulating the controls, or VO incapable of performing their sUAS operational duties include, but are not limited to, such things as:
1. The temporary or permanent loss of the dexterity necessary to operate the CS to safely control the small UA.
2. The inability to maintain the required “see and avoid” vigilance due to blurred vision.
3. The inability to maintain proper situational awareness of the small UA operations due to illness and/or medication(s), such as after taking medications with cautions not to drive or operate heavy machinery.
4. A debilitating physical condition, such as a migraine headache or moderate or severe body ache(s) or pain(s) that would render the remote PIC, person manipulating the controls, or VO unable to perform sUAS operational duties.
5. A hearing or speaking impairment that would inhibit the remote PIC, person manipulating the controls, and VO from effectively communicating with each other. In a situation such as this, the remote PIC must ensure that an alternative means of effective communication is implemented. For example, a person who is hearing impaired may be able to effectively use sign language to communicate

fly safe

2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 16:13
I didn't down vote you.. it takes a man to apologize .. and I will step up and accept .. but you will not be hearing from me again...

But please bro, let me get to know you a little. Where do you live?
2018-11-11
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-11 16:13

I feel I can and do fly my drone safely and meet the requirements mentioned. Who can test and possibly certify my abilities. I never want to lose my freedom to fly my drone.
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules