Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Lights flashing
9173 9 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaimimc
lvl.1
United States

I just got a brand new Spark (a gift from my wife).

When I hook up the charge cable - nothing happens. I press the button on the battery once, and the first light blinks 4 times. Then the first and second light blink in sequence 4 times. And then it goes dark for 5 seconds. This repeats over and over.

The battery never seems to charge. I've left it on the charger for 5 hours, with no change.

I purchased a second battery, and put in in place, and it flashes the lights in sequence, and works fine.

Any idea what might be wrong with the first battery?
2018-11-10
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think in some cases you need to wake up the battery after hibernation, I’m not sure though if this is the case.

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-11-10
Use props
fans4e88ec63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130856 ft
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 11-10 23:50
I think in some cases you need to wake up the battery after hibernation, I’m not sure though if this is the case.

Fly safely all

Hi Alex, i have similar problem, how do you wake up the battery from hibernation?

2018-11-11
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Can you put the battery in the Spark and successfully turn it on? Maybe that battery needs a software update. Go4 app will tell you that.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-11
Use props
jaimimc
lvl.1
United States

fans4e88ec63 Posted at 11-11 01:06
Hi Alex, i have similar problem, how do you wake up the battery from hibernation?

If that is what is happening, I would like to know this also. I've left the battery plugged in overnight, and had no change.
2018-11-11
Use props
jaimimc
lvl.1
United States

Wolferl Posted at 11-11 01:18
Hi,

Can you put the battery in the Spark and successfully turn it on? Maybe that battery needs a software update. Go4 app will tell you that.

Nope, it doesn't power on with the battery. I only get the flashing lights when it is plugged in, otherwise nothing.
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If your battery will not respond, I'm afraid that the battery needs to be in service for further evaluation. You can contact our support and also determine the warranty of the product using the links below. Thank you for the support.

www.dji.com/support

https://www.dji.com/service/policy -Warranty period of our DJI Products.
2018-11-11
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear that, jaimimc. I hope DJI Support will fix or replace the battery.
2018-11-11
Use props
jaimimc
lvl.1
United States

Hani Posted at 11-11 15:36
Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear that, jaimimc. I hope DJI Support will fix or replace the battery.

Thanks - They got back with me and they're shipping me a return label now. They've been very helpful (and quick to respond)
2018-11-11
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

jaimimc Posted at 11-11 15:43
Thanks - They got back with me and they're shipping me a return label now. They've been very helpful (and quick to respond)

That's good news.
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules