Screenshot recorder?
1488 20 2018-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101496 ft
United States

How are you guys recording your tablet screens? Is that some type of screen recorder? If so, do you mind giving me the name of a couple. Took this screenshot off of someone's youtube to show you what I mean.
Capture.JPG
2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you looking to record video, or just stills

For still screen capture, I just press the Home button and Power button simultaneously.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-10
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

thanks, for the reply. Both I guess didn't know you could get still pics. I am using an android 7 " tablet and would love to capture all the information during a flight.
2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, you can take a screen capture, anytime.

My dedicated device is an iPad Air2 Cellular.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-10
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-10 19:30
Yes, you can take a screen capture, anytime.

My dedicated device is an iPad Air2 Cellular.

thanks for the info
2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DavidV Posted at 11-10 20:42
thanks for the info

No problem bro.

Glad to share my limited knowledge with others.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Have a look at this.
https://www.apptamin.com/blog/capture-iphone-ipad-screen-video/

RedHotPoker
2018-11-10
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

For the Android ... I have tried so many APP's but one finally got the 'thumbs up' from me :

DU Screen Recorder

Stills ... video ... pause ... stop ... start .... and it does not overload the tablet as some others do ...
Example recording ..... (you can download from the tablet and edit just the same as any other video - OR use the DU built in editor)

Free download from the Play Store ...

Nigel
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There are different way on how you will screenshot or record on your mobile device, it would depend on your device that you're using. Hope you'll get the best recommendation on this process. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 11-11 12:44
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There are different way on how you will screenshot or record on your mobile device, it would depend on your device that you're using. Hope you'll get the best recommendation on this process. Thank you for the support.

Which device for you prefer?

Do you ever record the screen..

RedHotPoker
2018-11-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DU Screen recorder all the way if its for video, ie. recording what you do on your screen, for stills its already been mentioned and thats to press and hold the power button and the home button until its created, may take a second or 2
2018-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 11-11 19:56
DU Screen recorder all the way if its for video, ie. recording what you do on your screen, for stills its already been mentioned and thats to press and hold the power button and the home button until its created, may take a second or 2

What do You, use your screen recordings for?

RedHotPoker

2018-11-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Show people how to sort their settings out on their phone (for older people lol) maybe to record my flight from the apps perspective
2018-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 11-11 20:38
Show people how to sort their settings out on their phone (for older people lol) maybe to record my flight from the apps perspective

Ah now I understand a bit better. That’s certainly interesting.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-11
Use props
Tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

Screen shots on most android devices are taken by pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
Easiest way to find out is the old adage...search our model number of your device and the phrase (how to take screen shot "model #")
2018-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I even get the opening shutter sound effect, on my iPad Air2.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

Its actually a good tool when testing apps / FW.

Back when i was testing FW and GO on my P3S ... along with antenna gear - the screen recorder gave me an invaluable tool to record the flight and all the warnings / data displayed.

If you have a machine returned after repairs ... or suspect a fault ... screen recording can help you assess.

The built in recorder is often only a screen shot image ... not a video. So an APP like DU gives you the package needed.

When I was rescuing my P3S when it went down in the river ... I used DU to show online the screen use to find it.

Nigel
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-11 12:55
Which device for you prefer?

Do you ever record the screen..

Hi, thanks for the reply. There will be different combination buttons on each iOS or Android devices for screenshot recording, however, there are devices that have no capability of doing the screen record that may be required using a third-party app as well. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 11-12 08:36
Hi, thanks for the reply. There will be different combination buttons on each iOS or Android devices for screenshot recording, however, there are devices that have no capability of doing the screen record that may be required using a third-party app as well. Thank you for the support.

So the answer is no? You don’t record your screen...

I was only curious of Your personal preference. If you were to utilize this option.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-12
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

China

I know a PC screen recorder that is available for Windows and Mac to record desktop screen.
If it is what you need for your tablet computer, you can get it to record any ongoing screen activities in high quality and save to the desired compatible format.
2020-6-1
Use props
Randy Warren
lvl.1

Canada

It was fun to read!
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules