DJI Pilot - What are the hardware requirements?
2800 6 2015-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anjosva
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if someone can answer me one simple question..What are the hardware requirements for Dji Pilot? I mean for android devices.

As far as I've seen DJI is providing some examples of devices where the app was tested sucessfully and the Android version that is needed to run it or did I misunderstand? Will the app run only on that specific list of devices mentioned by DJI?

I'm really disapointed with this!!! Everything that I wanted was to enjoy my phantom 3 but it seems that I will have to buy a new tablet but I don't know which model should I get since the requirements are not clear for me!

Thanks in advance!

Valter Anjos
2015-6-3
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

iOS 8 or Android 4.1.2 or later. not sure if there are any other requirements though. Though having a more powerful tablet will reduce lag and freezing.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
2015-6-3
Use props
anjosva
lvl.2

Portugal

Brandon00151 Posted at 2015-6-4 10:45
iOS 8 or Android 4.1.2 or later. not sure if there are any other requirements though. Though having  ...

Well I believe they don't have only software requirements, and it makes sense to have some hardware requirements.

Just to give you an example, you can't install the DJI Pilot on Nexus 7 (1st gen) even having the Android 4.4.0.

It would be great if DJI let us know what are the minimal requirements in terms of hardware
2015-6-5
Use props
starship
lvl.4

United States

anjosva Posted at 2015-6-5 16:45Just to give you an example, you can't install the DJI Pilot on Nexus 7 (1st gen) even having the Android 4.4.0.
Are you saying that you can't install it, or that it won't work after install?
2015-6-5
Use props
anjosva
lvl.2

Portugal

starship@qconli Posted at 2015-6-5 23:08
Are you saying that you can't install it, or that it won't work after install?

You cant install at least via play store. Of course you will be bale to install it via apk but i will assume that should have a good reson for you cant install it via android store...
2015-6-8
Use props
starship
lvl.4

United States

anjosva Posted at 2015-6-9 01:55
You cant install at least via play store. Of course you will be bale to install it via apk but i w ...

Did you try turning on USB debugging before going to the store?  On the other hand, last time I checked, the Android store was one release behind the DJI site.  So maybe it's for the best {:3_52:}
2015-6-9
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

starship@qconli Posted at 2015-6-9 20:54
Did you try turning on USB debugging before going to the store?  On the other hand, last time I ch ...

Hello there:

...I have no Apple because I really like open-source but that being said because of the lag and no simulator in the android pilot app I am looking at my first Apple...I heard that mini 3 or above will be the only apple mini aloud to upgrade OS and I was really looking at the air 2 for my self to use with the pilot app and having no Apple in my line-up to date I am wondering how much memory I need and how will get my pics and vids in to my PC world to edit and play with...?
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules