Ronin motors kill after 1 second - battery issue
1355 4 2018-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauldelvecchio
lvl.1

United States

I bought a second battery for my original Ronin. It's a 4350mAh battery. My original 3400mAh battery works fine. The new 4350 battery causes my Ronin's motors to die after about 1 second. The unit turns on but the motors turn off.

I know this is has been tracked to faulty connectors/oxidized connectors or the battery not sitting correctly but I've tried cleaning the connectors and also pushing the battery down hard to make it sit where it's supposed to. If I push the battery any harder, I'm going to break the unit.

Any idea why my Ronin is doing this? The older batteries (3400 mAh) are no longer available and I recently lost mine on a shoot, so all I have now are the newer 4350mAh batteries and I can't get my Ronin to work. This is terribly upsetting because my Ronin is now unusable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2018-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi pauldelvecchio, sorry for the troubles with the battery, did you tighten the thumbscrews on the battery to lock it in place? If yes, may I verify if you have updated the GCU and IMU to the latest version? If there is no luck, we still recommend trying another battery for the troubleshooting if possible.
2018-11-12
Use props
pauldelvecchio
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-12 02:36
Hi pauldelvecchio, sorry for the troubles with the battery, did you tighten the thumbscrews on the battery to lock it in place? If yes, may I verify if you have updated the GCU and IMU to the latest version? If there is no luck, we still recommend trying another battery for the troubleshooting if possible.

I did tighten down the screws. No luck.

The GCU says "No updates." I'm on version 1.0.

I'm on the latest version (3.1) for the IMU.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

pauldelvecchio Posted at 11-13 10:58
I did tighten down the screws. No luck.

The GCU says "No updates." I'm on version 1.0.

Is there any error message in the APP? Any chance to try another battery for a comparison test?
2018-11-15
Use props
Sri23
lvl.1
Canada

Hi,

I am having this exact same issue. I've tried it with two new 4350mAh batteries and the gimbal powers up for a second and then the motors die. Ive updated the firmware and tried to secure the battery as tightly as possibly and screw it in but it doesn't work. Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Very frustrating!!
2019-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules