2104 24 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kru5e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2119508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My Ronin S starts twitching and bouncing when I hold the lock trigger and tilt it to the right...
Here is an example:

Balance test is perfect, auto tuned, system is calibrated and every screw sits tight!
Does anyone has suggestions how to solve this problem?

Also, when the Ronin is completely shut of, I can feel very slight magnetic resistance in the motors every 90 degrees or so.
So even tho everything is balanced perfectly, when I turn an axis to the resistance and then let go, the axis rotates a little bit further or back, away from the resistance like there is a small magnet in the motor. Again this is very subtle but I used a couple of other Ronins including the S before and didn't notice something like this. Is this normal?

2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi kru5e, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, may I have the firmware version of Ronin-S first for further support? Thank you.
2018-11-12
Use props
kru5e
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your reply.
I updated to the newest firmware, 1.5.0.40 straight away.

2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kru5e Posted at 11-13 03:18
Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks for the firmware details, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, I will come back to you once I get any update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi kru5e, sorry to have kept you waiting, we have released the new firmware, could you please update to the latest version and try again? If the issue persists, please place the Ronin-S still and double click the Trigger button to center the gimbal, then provide us the screenshot of the Motor Parameters in the APP, especially the parameter of the Joint by clicking 'More'. Besides, may I know if you changed the default settings in Advanced Settings?
2018-11-21
Use props
eratleuberdin
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Mindy, I have exactly the same problem, very often twitching, the balance is good as on video, help me please!
2018-11-25
Use props
eratleuberdin
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 20:29
Hi kru5e, sorry to have kept you waiting, we have released the new firmware, could you please update to the latest version and try again? If the issue persists, please place the Ronin-S still and double click the Trigger button to center the gimbal, then provide us the screenshot of the Motor Parameters in the APP, especially the parameter of the Joint by clicking 'More'. Besides, may I know if you changed the default settings in Advanced Settings?

Mindy, I have exactly the same problem, very often twitching, the balance is good as on video, help me please!
2018-11-25
Use props
eratleuberdin
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 20:29

2018-11-25
Use props
eratleuberdin
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, did you solve this question?
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

eratleuberdin Posted at 11-25 22:26
Mindy, I have exactly the same problem, very often twitching, the balance is good as on video, help me please!

Hi eratleuberdin, sorry to know you have the same issue, please refer to my post in 5# and provide us more details, thank you.
2018-11-27
Use props
djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 01:42
Hi eratleuberdin, sorry to know you have the same issue, please refer to my post in 5# and provide us more details, thank you.

idem problem
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello there, sorry to know you have the same issue, may I have the current firmware of your Ronin-S? Did you try all the calibrations and Autotune? When tilting the device 45°, then check if the Power value of the tilt motor is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device isn't balanced properly, please balance again, thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-24 02:51
Hello there, sorry to know you have the same issue, may I have the current firmware of your Ronin-S? Did you try all the calibrations and Autotune? When tilting the device 45°, then check if the Power value of the tilt motor is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device isn't balanced properly, please balance again, thank you.

thanks
version firmware 1.7.0.60
the values of all the axes
pan 0 to -2
tilt -2 or -0
roll - 3
the problem seems to be the pan when you return to 0 degrees the motor of the pan makes a shot with a noise like tic and obviously ruins the video shooting
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf Posted at 12-29 01:50
thanks
version firmware 1.7.0.60
the values of all the axes

Besides the Power value of the axes, we need more parameters. Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.
2018-12-30
Use props
djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-30 02:33
Besides the Power value of the axes, we need more parameters. Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.

2018-12-30
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

have the same issue as well.
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for the details of the settings, per the settings, the Stiffness value is a little too high, please make Auto Tune and the gimbal system will adjust the Stiffness automatically according to the payloads of the gimbal, if there is no luck, please decrease the Stiffness manually to have a try, thank you.
OP's problem should relate to the firmware, you also mentioned when returned to 0 degrees the motor of the pan makes a shot with a noise like tic, a short video would be much appreciated.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HRPOWWAA Posted at 1-1 15:19
have the same issue as well.

Hi HRPOWWAA, sorry to know you have the same issue, please make sure your firmware has been updated to the latest version, and then make Auto Tune after the balance. If there is no luck, please double press the Trigger Button to center the gimbal and then share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP, please press 'More' and show us the whole settings, thank you.
2019-1-3
Use props
djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-3 00:13
Thanks for the details of the settings, per the settings, the Stiffness value is a little too high, please make Auto Tune and the gimbal system will adjust the Stiffness automatically according to the payloads of the gimbal, if there is no luck, please decrease the Stiffness manually to have a try, thank you.
OP's problem should relate to the firmware, you also mentioned when returned to 0 degrees the motor of the pan makes a shot with a noise like tic, a short video would be much appreciated.

decrease or increase the parameters does not improve here is a video of the problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Yw/view?usp=sharing
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf Posted at 1-3 05:10
decrease or increase the parameters does not improve here is a video of the problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xvlT3D1KOxD3daezIrOdHBMhdsTFxYYw/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for the video, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, thanks for your patience.
2019-1-4
Use props
djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 05:11
Thank you for the video, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, thanks for your patience.

please solve and inform me as soon as possible
Premised perfect balance etc. engine setup setup
happens this: if starting from the center tilts 90 degrees to the right at zero return, the pan produces a shot, if you repeat the sequence every time it does a zero stops a few degrees not in the center then zero but on opposite side so let's say 10 degrees to the left and continuing still continues to move.As this the problem is serious first because it makes a shot ruining the shot and then you are forced a click to put everything back to zero.
It's as if the sensors gave the wrong information forcing the pan motor to increase the power. I tried all the parameters and crossings only possible the power reduction and stiffness improve but then the camera has no power.
thank you
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf Posted at 1-5 08:30
please solve and inform me as soon as possible
Premised perfect balance etc. engine setup setup
happens this: if starting from the center tilts 90 degrees to the right at zero return, the pan produces a shot, if you repeat the sequence every time it does a zero stops a few degrees not in the center then zero but on opposite side so let's say 10 degrees to the left and continuing still continues to move.As this the problem is serious first because it makes a shot ruining the shot and then you are forced a click to put everything back to zero.

Thanks for your patience, it is recommended to set the Speed and Sensitivity of Pan axis to high, the Deadband to 0, and please recenter the gimbal by double clicking the Trigger Button before you tilt again.
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 23:19
Thanks for your patience, it is recommended to set the Speed and Sensitivity of Pan axis to high, the Deadband to 0, and please recenter the gimbal by double clicking the Trigger Button before you tilt again.

I also tried this problem solved the problem of shooting when a zero occurs after tilting to the right. I do not think mine is faulty many others have this problem. Please try to solve an important problem
thanks for the assistance
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_Su4C0YavnHWf Posted at 1-8 02:11
I also tried this problem solved the problem of shooting when a zero occurs after tilting to the right. I do not think mine is faulty many others have this problem. Please try to solve an important problem
thanks for the assistance

Hello
do you have any news for the problem?
2019-1-18
Use props
kru5e
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hello together,

so my initial issue showed in my first post was gone after the next software update!
Don't know whether I balanced it differently or DJIs software engineers did a great job and if so, well done!

To come back to the second 'issue' I described, I want to show you this video:

You can clearly see the mentioned resistances in the tilt motor (that are also present in the other motors).

Is this normal? And to other video makers reading this: Is your ronin the same?

2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules