Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hobbist experience flying around San Francisco
436 8 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I plan to take a vacation in the San Francisco bay area.

I'd like to hear some of the member expericences (hobbists) flying in and around the Bay Area?

Thanks!

2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Geoffz. Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. I hope one of our valued Customer can share their experience flying their drone around San Francisco Bay Area. If you have other question, please let us know. We are happy to help. Thank you.
2018-11-12
Use props
BHProductions
Captain
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

I've flown in the early morning on the east side of San Francisco and near the ballpark. Now that baseball season is over there shouldn't be any temporary flight restrictions due to the games. I would also use the Airmap app to verify your locations so you aren't taking off from a national park if you go towards the marina and the Golden Gate Bridge.  If you take off from treasure island you can get some good shots of both the old and the new span of the Bay Bridge. I plan on going back soon to catch some cargo ships passing under the old span.  Hope that helps.
2018-11-12
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BHProductions Posted at 11-12 19:58
I've flown in the early morning on the east side of San Francisco and near the ballpark. Now that baseball season is over there shouldn't be any temporary flight restrictions due to the games. I would also use the Airmap app to verify your locations so you aren't taking off from a national park if you go towards the marina and the Golden Gate Bridge.  If you take off from treasure island you can get some good shots of both the old and the new span of the Bay Bridge. I plan on going back soon to catch some cargo ships passing under the old span.  Hope that helps.

Thanks

Have you done any flying out over the water looking back through the GG bridge with the city in the BG?

Can you fly any where over the water looking back at the city?
2018-11-12
Use props
BHProductions
Captain
United States

Here is what I did in SF

And what I did from Treasure Island

I suppose if you take of from pier 39 you could get better shots of the GG Bridge
2018-11-12
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BHProductions Posted at 11-12 20:25
Here is what I did in SF
https://youtu.be/NNKYM-9kSKA

Great shots...thanks for sharing!

I read where Willy just passed away recently.  He was a big fav of mine as well.

Shots of the stadium were great...with the city in the BG.  Terrific stuff!

You've inspired me!
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

BHProductions Posted at 11-12 20:25
Here is what I did in SF
https://youtu.be/NNKYM-9kSKA

Nice shots!
2018-11-12
Use props
BHProductions
Captain
United States

Thanks panda
2018-11-13
Use props
BHProductions
Captain
United States

geoffz Posted at 11-12 21:50
Great shots...thanks for sharing!

I read where Willy just passed away recently.  He was a big fav of mine as well.

The fly over his statues is one of my favorite parts of the video.  Cool! I look forward to your work.
2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules