2319 8 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juandes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24564 ft
Germany

Hi

I am not sure if this should happen, but the images from my Mavic 2 Zoom look significantly worse than the videos. Is this common behaviour?
Here are some screenshots.

The first image is a normal picture.

Still picture

Still picture

This one is a screenshot from a video.

Screenshot from video

Screenshot from video

See the difference? The one from the video is way sharper, bright and well, better.

Any idea why this is happening? Should I change any setting? The image was shot in RAW.

2018-11-12
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

RAW images (.DNG) always have extremely muted colors.  You need to "develop" RAW pics to bring out their inner beauty!  If you don't want to have to "develop" them, then just shoot with JPG files instead of RAW.  They will still be great pics, but have less potential to be post processed than a RAW pic.
2018-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is that a raw still (dng?)
2018-11-12
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

It’s a raw image, you need to take the pictures in jpeg as KlooGee told you

Flysafely all and enjoy
Alex
2018-11-12
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you need to tweek your settings.
2018-11-12
Use props
Juandes
lvl.1
Germany

Lucas775 Posted at 11-12 17:38
Looks like you need to tweek your settings.

Any suggestions? Can you share yours? Thanks
2018-11-13
Use props
Juandes
lvl.1
Germany

KlooGee Posted at 11-12 13:22
RAW images (.DNG) always have extremely muted colors.  You need to "develop" RAW pics to bring out their inner beauty!  If you don't want to have to "develop" them, then just shoot with JPG files instead of RAW.  They will still be great pics, but have less potential to be post processed than a RAW pic.

That's what I thought it might be. I am used to shoot RAW (in DSLR), but I was really surprised by how "bad" the unprocessed RAW from the drone looked.

I'll keep playing around with the settings. Thanks a lot for your answer, it helped to clarify things.
2018-11-13
Use props
robert g
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16381 ft
United States

Its the MAVIC 2 Series, Not the MAGIC 2 series. you still have to edit and process the photos. it would be awesome to just shoot and print the most amazingly color graded picture. but unfortunately its not the case. I thought the same thing. I started to shoot pics in manual and videos in manual also you get to see you get even better shots and footage like that!
2018-11-18
Use props
SimonID
lvl.4
Germany

I played around with the DNG files for a while and found that they offer much better quality converted in RawTherapee compared to the jpg files.
The video stills however actually look almost as good in many cases if you don't want to do any manual adjustments. To me this very reasuring in case I only have video of a scene and need a picture.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules