676 4 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxKazi
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

Have few questions about active tracking:
   - If I run up-hill, drone will keep absolute altitude, as result one moment it is become to close to ground....  Not sure if this have any solutions.
   - It will be great if I can keep it on close distance, so it doesn't lost me on every turn.

Any tips how to impove it are welcome ;)

Thanks,

2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your interest. We will check your scenario with our team to see what would be the advice and clarification with this from our team. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-13
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

yes, and if you run down the hill the drone will get further away given the height difference

this is my experience anyway (skiing) eventually you get to the point where you're too small in the frame for the footage to be usable.

Litchi supports a magic leash, where it follows your phone; I can't comment on this as I've not used it yet.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Max Kazi, In track mode, the aircraft tracks the subject at a constant distance. The aircraft can track the subject climbing in a very small angle. Unfortunately, we don't have a specific angle value for this. If the angle of the climb is large, the aircraft maybe declined one moment which is too close to the ground.
2018-11-15
Use props
MaxKazi
lvl.1

United States

Ridg Posted at 11-15 01:37
yes, and if you run down the hill the drone will get further away given the height difference

this is my experience anyway (skiing) eventually you get to the point where you're too small in the frame for the footage to be usable.

Thank you. Looks like I need to try Litchi
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules