3315 17 2018-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark_edm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11309 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have been trying to use a OTG cable with my Samsung note 8 on my Dji Spark. Everytime I plugged in the OTG to the remote it will shut off my phone completely. All the phone buttons won't function until I plugged it back to the phone charger to revive it. Anyone have the same experiences and how would you go about to fix it?
2018-11-12
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Have you tried using a different cable or if possible a different RC?
2018-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please make sure to fully charge your phone and the firmware Spark and RC is updated. You can also try to use a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.
2018-11-13
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Is it an official DJI Cable? I have never had this issue sorry, i use Samsung Galaxy S8 and offical DJI OTG Cable and have not had that issue oonce
2018-11-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a different cable and check the port that the cable plugs into ( on the phone AND the RC)...Sounds like a shorted/bent pin in either the cable or one of the ports. I have a Note 8 and it works perfectly.
2018-11-14
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

try reversing the USB C connection to the Note 8
2018-11-15
Use props
realswz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123179 ft
Switzerland

Sounds like a cable which is shortwired. I would try another. I got mine from amazon and it works great.
2018-11-20
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I too have a Samsung Note 8 and my problem is different - the RC thinks my phone is a charger, so it begins to charge itself off the phone's battery. The RC is not being recognized as a device by the phone.
2019-1-19
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S Posted at 1-19 15:13
I too have a Samsung Note 8 and my problem is different - the RC thinks my phone is a charger, so it begins to charge itself off the phone's battery. The RC is not being recognized as a device by the phone.

Hi. I had the exact same issue - it's because you're using the the OTG cable at the wrong end of the chain.

I initially bought a USB Type C OTG cable to connect to the Note 8, but experienced the same charging issue you have. I stumbled on a post online stating the OTG had to be at the RC end of the chain, so I bought this instead and OTG now works flawlessly on my Note 8, using the original Samsung USB cable at the other end of the chain:

UGREEN 10396  Micro USB Adapter OTG Cable (Black)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LN3LQKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fzdrCb3KRR8DE

Hope that helps
2019-1-20
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 1-20 00:56
Hi. I had the exact same issue - it's because you're using the the OTG cable at the wrong end of the chain.

I initially bought a USB Type C OTG cable to connect to the Note 8, but experienced the same charging issue you have. I stumbled on a post online stating the OTG had to be at the RC end of the chain, so I bought this instead and OTG now works flawlessly on my Note 8, using the original Samsung USB cable at the other end of the chain:

Sorry - direct link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LN3LQKQ/ref=asc_df_B00LN3LQKQ58121382/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B00LN3LQKQ&linkCode=df0&hvadid=311159021512&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17659794537012490428&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045340&hvtargid=pla-440034358719

Couldn't edit the initial reply
2019-1-20
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 2018-11-14 02:29
Is it an official DJI Cable? I have never had this issue sorry, i use Samsung Galaxy S8 and offical DJI OTG Cable and have not had that issue oonce

Does the official DJI OTG cable come with a USB C connector !!
2019-1-20
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 1-20 01:23
Does the official DJI OTG cable come with a USB C connector !!

Indeed it does dude!!
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Red Zeppelin Posted at 1-20 00:56

I initially bought a USB Type C OTG cable to connect to the Note 8, but experienced the same charging issue you have. I stumbled on a post online stating the OTG had to be at the RC end of the chain, so I bought this instead and OTG now works flawlessly on my Note 8, using the original Samsung USB cable at the other end of the chain:

Thanks for your reply. But I've tried the OTG at both ends. The result for me is the same.
2019-1-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Can you send me a link for purchase . i thought the OTG connector has a micro USB connector rather than a USB C connector
2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 1-23 03:49
Can you send me a link for purchase . i thought the OTG connector has a micro USB connector rather than a USB C connector

I mean I'm not DJI WILL But i'm pretty sure its this one.... I bought it last year so not 100% but it was from DJI store.
https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles-micro-usb-otg-cable

2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 1-23 03:49

I mean I'm not DJI WILL But i'm pretty sure its this one.... I bought it last year so not 100% but it was from DJI store.

2019-1-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 1-23 04:07
I mean I'm not DJI WILL   But i'm pretty sure its this one.... I bought it last year so not 100% but it was from DJI store.

Dude, this ain't a USB C connector OTG cable. it is a micro USB connector cable !!
2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 1-23 09:14
Dude, this ain't a USB C connector OTG cable. it is a micro USB connector cable !!

Dude, I was sure it came direct from DJI but it was over a year ago now and obviously thats not the one. As much as i enjoy research it's not the same when your doing it for someone else. So, just google it is what im saying. Sorry i can't be more help i'm busy as f*** this week or i'd do the leg work for you. Rest assured there is one but im in the UK you're in Kuwait so your options are very different to mine. I'd use Heliguy but i can't offer any other advice!!!
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules