Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 Professional Pro Transmitter Constantly Beeps
1965 11 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Friend's Pro Tx constantly beeps on power up. IN addition, after powerup, and with continuous beeping, it will not connect to the ac (no green light on the tx).Because it wont connect to the tx, no tx calibration can be attempted assuming thats a problem. The units have latest firmware as of July 2018, and sat on the shelf after a short test flight following firmware upgrade. No crashes, drops ect. My friend insists its the new tablet (galaxy S3) which I set up for him, but it beeps constantly with or without tablet connected, like just after power up.I suggetesed the Galaxy S3 after loss of his ipad, and is the same tablet I use on my spark and P3S.

Thanks

2018-11-13
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did charging it help as we discussed in this thread?

https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/ ... nstant-beeping/1699
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your remote controller to the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Upon checking the the mobile device that you are using which is the Samsung Galaxy S3. I am sorry to say that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is not listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Using a non recommended mobile device can affect the performance and the compatibility of the drone and with the DJI Go application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Please keep us posted on the said issue. Thank you.

2018-11-13
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

msinger Posted at 11-13 07:22
Did charging it help as we discussed in this thread?

https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/p3-professional-pro-tx-constant-beeping/1699

I havent heard form the owner of the drone. I did send an email an left him a phone message. Will get back to you when I hear.
Thanks M
2018-11-13
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-13 08:54
Hello. Good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your remote controller to the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Upon checking the the mobile device that you are using which is the Samsung Galaxy S3. I am sorry to say that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is not listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Using a non recommended mobile device can affect the performance and the compatibility of the drone and with the DJI Go application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 3 Pro. Please keep us posted on the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply. Since the tx beeps on startup  prior to any attempt to hook up, the tablet is not the issue I believe. I use same tablet on my P3S ,and successfully test flew the owners drone before giving it back to him.
2018-11-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha stuka,

Try updating the GEO data and getting those related systems working properly.  Then using the settings, GEO can be disabled to a certain extent that still allows you to fly but not in secure areas like airports without clearance.

Oddly enough, that seems to work.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-14
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I usually find that beeping transmitters can be solved by turning off and waggling the sticks about. Sometimes may need two or three attempts, but it does stop. I believe it is from bad storage whereby the sticks have been stored in other than a neutral position. Don't ask me why that is not my area.
2018-11-14
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If waggling the sticks about stops the beeping, that's normally a sign that the remote controller needs to be calibrated.
2018-11-14
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-14 02:38
Aloha stuka,

Try updating the GEO data and getting those related systems working properly.  Then using the settings, GEO can be disabled to a certain extent that still allows you to fly but not in secure areas like airports without clearance.

thanks, and ho do you update the GEO settings? The tx doesn't have gps, I assume.
2018-11-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

stuka75 Posted at 11-14 13:33
thanks, and ho do you update the GEO settings? The tx doesn't have gps, I assume.

Aloha stuka,

That is the "Ignore / Update" pop-up that opens when you first start the remote controller.  Update it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-14
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-14 17:31
Aloha stuka,

That is the "Ignore / Update" pop-up that opens when you first start the remote controller.  Update it.

Thanks. As my friend lives i area without wifi of any kind, he doesn't get the notice. May bring it into my home as I did to update the firmware. Still haven't heard from him, but will by the weekend.
2018-11-15
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Depending on the beeping you hear, it could be update to the controller software is needed.  Or, the transmitter is in pair mode.
ON the transmitter, is the normal power on light,  green, red, or blinking blue?
If Blinking Blue, its in pair mode.   Goto the Aircraft, bottom left side (with camera facing you) by the sensors, you should see a red LED, right in front of that, is a small hole that is the pair button
on the aircraft.  You'll need a very small pin to get this button.  (I used a phone SIM card eject tool), but a small paperclip straightened out will work as well.
While the Transmitter is powered up, and blinking and beeping.  Power up the aircraft.  Find the reset button, and press it.
If all goes well, the transmitter will stop beeping, the blinking blue light will turn green, and you're ready for the next step.
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules