Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't fly in my driveway
1455 8 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BWest
New
United States

I have owned and flown the P4P for more than a year on my property. Today I purchased a Mavic Air and I cannot fly down my driveway. I live near a high security state prison, but never had, and still don't have issues with the P4P, just the new Mavic Air. What's a guy to do?

Bob West
Crescent City, CA.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear that. Did you receive an error message on the APP? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot or a short video showing the issue. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Kindly  try a different location with no interference and check if the issue persists. You can also check No Fly Zone area by using this link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map. Click on "Reply" so that I can receive notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo fencing on the MA
2018-11-14
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

How near to the prison? Not 'free board & lodging' near I hope! ;-p
2018-11-14
Use props
BobBock
New
United States

I'm new to all this, I performed the latest firmware up date, now I can't fly at my home do to being in close proximity to NAS JRB. Did research on the FAA web site, I should only be limited to a 200' ceiling, not "can not fly.
2018-11-28
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

The authorities do not want you to to deliver Xmas 'goodies' to the prisoners. It has been done before prison drug delivery , just a  sign of the times
2018-11-29
Use props
HedsIc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I know how you feel. I always fly in the back and front yard just for the fun of it if I haven't taken it out in a while. Just to stay familiar with flying it. I've had multiple Mavic Pro's and a P4A and have flown them no problems at all.. When I first got my Mavic 2 Pro is also worked no problem at all. Maybe about a month ago or so it just randomly stopped letting me take off saying I was in an NFZ even though I am no-where near an NFZ. It also told me to update my precision fly database or whatever about the same time. I thought maybe it was because I needed to update that so I went ahead and did that update.. Still will not let me fly. I live in Iowa and there is nothing around me except for the Des Moines International Airport that is like 15 miles away and a prison that is around 80 miles away in the opposite direction.

I haven't taken my M2P out since so it's just been sitting collecting dust until I decide if I'm just going to sell it or what. Seems useless to have something if I can't even use it where I live in the middle of no-where.
2018-11-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

HedsIc Posted at 11-29 06:10
I know how you feel. I always fly in the back and front yard just for the fun of it if I haven't taken it out in a while. Just to stay familiar with flying it. I've had multiple Mavic Pro's and a P4A and have flown them no problems at all.. When I first got my Mavic 2 Pro is also worked no problem at all. Maybe about a month ago or so it just randomly stopped letting me take off saying I was in an NFZ even though I am no-where near an NFZ. It also told me to update my precision fly database or whatever about the same time. I thought maybe it was because I needed to update that so I went ahead and did that update.. Still will not let me fly. I live in Iowa and there is nothing around me except for the Des Moines International Airport that is like 15 miles away and a prison that is around 80 miles away in the opposite direction.

I haven't taken my M2P out since so it's just been sitting collecting dust until I decide if I'm just going to sell it or what. Seems useless to have something if I can't even use it where I live in the middle of no-where.

You need to escalate problem with DJI.
Find out why your MP2 think's it is in a NFZ.

Any chance you live in one of extended Bowties of Airport?
DesMoines.jpg
Bowties extend a very long way out from airport.

2018-11-29
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Was this after updating Geo where it gave you the option to ignore ?
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules