748 3 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mwerle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2474 ft
Japan

G'day,

Just bought a DJI Mavic Air here in Japan through a retailer, and was thinking about adding DJI Care.  First of all, there's 3 options:

DJI Care  - Is this the same as DJI Care Refresh?

DJI Care Refresh - This is the main product?

DJI Care Refresh +  - This seems to be a 1-year extension to DJI Care Refresh?

Next, since I live in Japan, I (think) I need to buy the Care package here in Japan as well - but when I select Japan as my region, the website is all in Japanese (which I can't read). There is no option to select a region separately from language.

I contacted support and, despite some translation issues, I was advised to contact email support for this, but they're going to ask me for a verification video.  I won't be able to make one (at least not for some time) because I live in Tokyo and not allowed to fly drones here; I'll have to wait until I'm in the countryside. And then I'll need to find someone to help me based on what's involved.

The other question is that I'll primarily be using the drone when travelling, but DJI Care doesn't offer international cover.  It's not entirely clear on what that means though -is it that I can't -use- the cover while overseas, but if something happens to the drone while overseas, I can use the coverage to fix/replace the drone once I'm back home?  Or that the drone is -only- covered if something happens while in my home country/region?

Thanks to anybody who can help to clarify.
Fly safe,
- Micha.

2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Micha, thanks for reaching us. For your questions, please kindly find the answer as below:
1. DJI only provides DJI Care for Phantom 4, the Inspire 1 series and the Phantom 3 series. More details, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s4
2. For Mavic Air, it is available to purchase DJI Care Refresh. It is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. You may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
3. Yes, the DJI Care Refresh+ offers you the chance to renew your Care Refresh by extending its coverage for one more year as well as providing one more opportunity to replace your DJI product within 12 months. But, we're sorry the DJI Care Refresh+ is not available in Japan for now.
4. For the video verification, if the unit has been activated more than 48 hours and still working well, you may upload the video verification here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
5. Yes, the DJI Care Refresh is not international. If something happens to the drone while overseas, you can use the coverage when you returned to Japan.
Hope the above helps. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

2018-11-13
Use props
glennchan
New
United States

We bought a Mavic 2 pro in Singapore during our vacation and now that we r back in the US, we'd like to get a DJI Care Refresh. Since the aircraft is activated for more that 48hrs, is there a possibility for us to get the DJI care refresh?
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

glennchan Posted at 11-21 08:43
We bought a Mavic 2 pro in Singapore during our vacation and now that we r back in the US, we'd like to get a DJI Care Refresh. Since the aircraft is activated for more that 48hrs, is there a possibility for us to get the DJI care refresh?

Hi glennchan, If you would like to buy DJI Care Refresh for a unit that has been activated more than 48 hours, please send email to djicare@dji.com

Please be informed that at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. May I know if you are permanently residing in USA? Also can you provide me the serial number? I'd like to check more info to further assist you.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules