Seneca Rocks, WV.
2399 31 2018-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

I don't edit so well with my computer, but I sure do love flying around this rock.

2018-11-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Let’s climb the wall? Ha

A very cool video. Thanks

RedHotPoker
2018-11-13
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-13 19:23
Let’s climb the wall? Ha

A very cool video. Thanks

You tell me when? I'll do the video. LOL
2018-11-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Goldenseal Posted at 11-13 19:27
You tell me when? I'll do the video. LOL

Ok, we better get a long rope.  Ha

AED47A09-3017-4E76-8793-21A07E63CE2B.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-11-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha GS,

Beautiful formation, climbers paradise!  Keep it up, you will get the hang of it.  Looking forward to more!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, magnificent footage! Thanks for sharing.
2018-11-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Great job!  Pretty tough to get to the top, I assume.
2018-11-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage
2018-11-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done. Thanks for sharing
2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-14 02:14
Aloha GS,

Beautiful formation, climbers paradise!  Keep it up, you will get the hang of it.  Looking forward to more!

Mahalo. Have you ever got any good video of Nuʻuanu Pali?  I loved that place about as much as eating at Waiahole Poi factory. Ono loa. I was there 14 years ago. Maxine worked there. She was funny and put us in our place. She told us what we were going to order.
Last week I made some Kalua pig. No pit. I cooked it in the oven's lowest setting wrapped in banana leaves with liquid smoke and kosher salt. A man has to do what a man has to do. LOL It was a hit with the crowd.  Aloha

2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 11-14 04:27
Great job!  Pretty tough to get to the top, I assume.

You can ride a horse up the left side. There is a path up that side to the look out platform. Jump over the side of the platform and walk up onto the rock.
2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-13 19:32
Ok, we better get a long rope.  Ha

You put some energy into your replies. LOL  Good, it keeps things interesting. BUT YOU AIN'T GETTING ME ON ANY ROPE, NOWADAYS. I use to repel into caves, but that's over. My statement about caving is: I was big in caving at one time. Now, I'm just big. I also retired early do to disabilities.
2018-11-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Goldenseal Posted at 11-14 10:21
You put some energy into your replies. LOL  Good, it keeps things interesting. BUT YOU AIN'T GETTING ME ON ANY ROPE, NOWADAYS. I use to repel into caves, but that's over. My statement about caving is: I was big in caving at one time. Now, I'm just big. I also retired early do to disabilities.

It’s only mentally draining, nothing physical. Haha

But once we get our carabiners in order, chalk up....

21A53FD2-41E2-4FD9-8BA5-314ED65A14BF.jpeg

Caves are awesome... grinning
If sometimes a little frightening,

RedHotPoker

2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-14 11:06
It’s only mentally draining, nothing physical. Haha

But once we get our carabiners in order, chalk up....

I do what I can to stay away from a bottomless fiery abyss. I don't like the heat and I never repelled over 250 ft.  
2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 11-14 11:41
I do what I can to stay away from a bottomless fiery abyss. I don't like the heat and I never repelled over 250 ft.  [view_image]

2018-11-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ok, but your pics aren’t posting correctly.
60D71B6B-DC04-4027-99DC-B3237945E514.jpeg

They’re hidden.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-14 12:01
Ok, but your pics aren’t posting correctly.
[view_image]

I haven't had the practice you have. Didn't have time to play around. I have got work to do.
2018-11-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Goldenseal Posted at 11-14 12:45
I haven't had the practice you have. Didn't have time to play around. I have got work to do.

No problem. Work hard, play harder...

4DFA5EF3-7FE9-4EF2-8E3E-52EEFD672831.jpeg
RedHotPoker
2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-14 12:51
No problem. Work hard, play harder...

[view_image]

I didn't know you were a woman. I thought you were a guy. No problem though. I'll watch how I talk around you. I don't want you to get any ideas.  Well, got to go. LOL
2018-11-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Tap Advanced. Touch the Picture Frame  ~  Common Upload for a computer file, or Network Pic and insert the addy.
(When you choose Copy, on an Internet pic, it collects the ip address)
Hit Choose File ~ Photo Library
BCE6E29B-75F0-412B-B9B9-D8F63E7FB417.jpeg

Once the pic loads in the Upload window, touch in the thread where you wish it to be shared, then touch the pic.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Goldenseal Posted at 11-14 12:55
I didn't know you were a woman. I thought you were a guy. No problem though. I'll watch how I talk around you. I don't want you to get any ideas.  Well, got to go. LOL

I’m definately Not a lady, bro,

That’s a war pic...

Peace.... haha
AACF8AF3-2380-422A-B4DA-7C0970BA3EB4.jpeg

Check the dangler...

RedHotPoker

2018-11-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 11-14 10:04
Mahalo. Have you ever got any good video of Nuʻuanu Pali?  I loved that place about as much as eating at Waiahole Poi factory. Ono loa. I was there 14 years ago. Maxine worked there. She was funny and put us in our place. She told us what we were going to order.
Last week I made some Kalua pig. No pit. I cooked it in the oven's lowest setting wrapped in banana leaves with liquid smoke and kosher salt. A man has to do what a man has to do. LOL It was a hit with the crowd.  Aloha

Aloha GS,

I live at the base of the Pali in the jungle.  The Pali is my Seneca Rocks.  Here is my YouTube page address;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw23_mdDlaPwpCr2eMFlnw

There are a few Pali shots there.  

We are trying to get more room on the Makai side of Waiahole Poi Factory for safety reasons when they replace the bridge next door.  It is on the agenda of our neighborhood board tonight.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-14
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-14 17:29
Aloha GS,

I live at the base of the Pali in the jungle.  The Pali is my Seneca Rocks.  Here is my YouTube page address;

I feel like I know your neighborhood well. I have been watching your videos for 90 minutes. I love botanical s. Next, I want to see some close ups the Pali.  What was that big tree you were trying to land in your backyard? Find any Pakalolo while flying? LOL
2018-11-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice footage it looks great
2018-11-15
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 11-15 01:33
Nice footage it looks great

Thanks, it was great fun flying there and it's open to drones to fly there. I love this state.
2018-11-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Goldenseal Posted at 11-15 11:56
Thanks, it was great fun flying there and it's open to drones to fly there. I love this state.

You are welcome mate
Great to know that
Fly safe!
2018-11-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 11-14 19:15
I feel like I know your neighborhood well. I have been watching your videos for 90 minutes. I love botanical s. Next, I want to see some close ups the Pali.  What was that big tree you were trying to land in your backyard? Find any Pakalolo while flying? LOL

Aloha GS,

Funny you should mention close-ups of the Pali.  Recently, I have been getting up close and very personal with the clefts of the Pali.  I am also working on getting a PANO or other photo of the waterfalls.  The rain does create the waterfalls that made the clefts but they are short-lived and the rain usually happens where I have to be to get a photo of any type of the waterfalls.  But, the P4 basic body design is very water resistant and if I do it right, I might get away with it.

If that "big tree" you mentioned is a Matrice 100, yes, my neighbor works for an engineering company and we have to put it through its paces.  We worked out some problems just today and got some real nice results.

I am glad you lasted that long watching the videos.  Mahalo!  Have a nice weekend!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-16
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-16 00:53
Aloha GS,

Funny you should mention close-ups of the Pali.  Recently, I have been getting up close and very personal with the clefts of the Pali.  I am also working on getting a PANO or other photo of the waterfalls.  The rain does create the waterfalls that made the clefts but they are short-lived and the rain usually happens where I have to be to get a photo of any type of the waterfalls.  But, the P4 basic body design is very water resistant and if I do it right, I might get away with it.

When you were coming back in the video Jungle ridge run, you bumped into a tree at your place. I was just wondering what that tree was?
2018-11-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 11-16 13:05
When you were coming back in the video Jungle ridge run, you bumped into a tree at your place. I was just wondering what that tree was?

Aloha GS,

How about that landing!  The tree is a Kahalu'u Avocado Tree.  That particular tree is the Mamma Avocado tree and she had 5 strapping offspring, each of a different variety.  What you saw hanging from that tree was a little avocado that can grow to two or three pounds.  They are Kahalu'u Avocados but they came from Big Island Kahalu'u.  Each island has similar names.  (Honolulu used to be called Kona before Cook arrived.)

A five pound avocado from Kahalu'u Big Island now has the Guinness Record as World's biggest avocado.  If we had known that, one of the off-shoot trees we have has twice given giant avocados (before we knew five pounds was a record).  They are rugby ball shaped and giant - five pounds with a small seed, buttery and no strings.  But that one is still young and on the windward side of the trees so it gets slammed and looses all the flowers (ack!!!) each year.  Somewhere I have a photo of one sitting next a ruler to show it was 11 inches long.

The property across the street had a bunch of those trees with giant avocados - but they cut them down!  Unbelievable!  They are the best avocados and we give them away because something that big and delicious has no price.  I actually had a buyer for one of the hotels offer to buy them from me after he saw them and ate some of one at a party.  Smooth and buttery.

We are now in the late season, but I have had them last into the new year.  We have one tree that gives early avos and one that gives late season avos.  The early season one used to be junk, but it turned out to be immature.  It is now giving smooth and buttery avos.

So that is what you were asking about.  You must like avocados!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-17
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-17 00:47
Aloha GS,

How about that landing!  The tree is a Kahalu'u Avocado Tree.  That particular tree is the Mamma Avocado tree and she had 5 strapping offspring, each of a different variety.  What you saw hanging from that tree was a little avocado that can grow to two or three pounds.  They are Kahalu'u Avocados but they came from Big Island Kahalu'u.  Each island has similar names.  (Honolulu used to be called Kona before Cook arrived.)

I couldn't  get a good look at the leaves. My co -worker in Orlando had 3 large avocado trees. Oh yea, I love them. He would bring me bags of avocados, all I wanted. I can't figure out why they are so expensive?  It's the same with papayas . They seem almost a weed. I grew them at my house in Florida and would get over 50 papayas a plant. I gave them away to everybody. I grew the Hawaiian kind. Pineapple is the hard one to figure out. It takes to years to harvest and they are cheap on the mainland. $2.99 here. They cost more in Hawaii. I grew 2 types of bananas. I didn't have a big yard so I had to wait some on them. I would visit my buddy who had an acre of bananas. Before I'd leave, I'd get the machete and cut me a bunch. I grew 2 types of oranges, pineapple, Key lime, figs, Surinam cherries, jabuticaba, loquat ,jelly palm and cactus for the fruit. I never tried to eat my bamboo.
2018-11-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 11-17 12:06
I couldn't  get a good look at the leaves. My co -worker in Orlando had 3 large avocado trees. Oh yea, I love them. He would bring me bags of avocados, all I wanted. I can't figure out why they are so expensive?  It's the same with papayas . They seem almost a weed. I grew them at my house in Florida and would get over 50 papayas a plant. I gave them away to everybody. I grew the Hawaiian kind. Pineapple is the hard one to figure out. It takes to years to harvest and they are cheap on the mainland. $2.99 here. They cost more in Hawaii. I grew 2 types of bananas. I didn't have a big yard so I had to wait some on them. I would visit my buddy who had an acre of bananas. Before I'd leave, I'd get the machete and cut me a bunch. I grew 2 types of oranges, pineapple, Key lime, figs, Surinam cherries, jabuticaba, loquat ,jelly palm and cactus for the fruit. I never tried to eat my bamboo.

Aloha GS,

Yeah, I looked at the video again and noticed that the leaves were skinny almost like a mango leaf.  But that one young avocado told me what month that flight was in.  BTW, that landing was before I had discovered EXPO!

Bananas and pineapples take two years to give fruit and then you have to cut the banana tree down and pull the pineapple plant after harvesting the fruit.  But the pineapple top can be planted to give a baseball pineapple (small pineapple) that again takes two years.  We do that a lot here.  

Most commercial bananas are cloned.  You have to go through a hundred fruit to find a single seed. The soil substrate is also important.  Toxins express themselves late, just when the fruit should be ready (toxins turn the fruit black).  And you have to cut the bananna flower as soon as it starts blooming because it is drawing energy from the fruit.  

Our pineapples cost more in Hawai'i because they are imported all the way to the middle of the Pacific.  They just recently shut down the last pineapple plantation and it was only for pineapple juice.  There are no commercial pineapple operations in Hawai'i anymore.  But, if you want to trespass, you can find them wild in the old pineapple fields.  (I used to steal them in my old surfing days when there were still plantations.)

Papayas are much more easy and take about a year to fruit.  But, we have birds that love that first sign of yellow.  Once your crop is showing yellow, you have to start sacrificing the junk papayas and screen the good ones if you can.  They actually have short papaya trees that allow you to tend papayas without using a ladder.  There are also football size papayas but the flavor is no where near a sweet as the smaller ones (so far but they are working on it).

Some farmers here in Kahalu'u have recently started growing cacao.  We have at least one press plant and I think there may be another one (not sure).  That is going to be good.  I have already tried the product and it is ono!  

Because apples and cherries require a frost to bloom, I keep trying to see if someone on the Big Island can try growing them high enough up the mountains to give fruit.  So far no luck.  BTW, have you heard about the vertical farms in New York and other big cities?  They sell their product (hydroponics) to the upscale restaurants in the city.  That started in the orient and caught on from there.

Keep at it!  We do not have enough agriculture in the world!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-11-17
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wow, that’s incredible.
2018-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now