Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystalsky with Mavic 2 Pro works oddly
2205 8 2018-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scanflight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4459459 ft
Switzerland

The Crystalsky cable connection on the mavic 2 pro remote control works 1 time out of 10.I connect the cable by the low connector in usb-c and on the USB port of the remote control.I tested many different cables and I still have the same problem, even using the usb-c cable that came with the mavic 2 pro.

I tried to turn on the remote control first or the crystalsky but nothing works, 9/10 the crystalsky does not detect the mavic (which is well recognized by the remote)
I also tested the connection in usb on the left side of crystalsky but also 9/10 the mavic is not recognized. It's frustrating to be able to use crystalsky without problem on my P4P but impossible to fly with the mavic 2 and this screen.
DJI does not publish anything on this cable connection and I guess there is a problem with this way of connecting. The few times it works, the Crystalsky changes its display frequency which seems ok but I guess the detection of the picture frequency of the remote control does not work properly.

Thank you in advance DJI to confirm the operation and to provide a procedure for a Mavic 2 Pro--> Crystasky cable connection
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Scanflight, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, does the issue appear recently? May I know what's the current version of the App, CrystalSky and the drone? It will be better to upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you!
2018-11-16
Use props
Scanflight
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 02:24
Hi Scanflight, sorry for the late response. Just to verify, does the issue appear recently? May I know what's the current version of the App, CrystalSky and the drone? It will be better to upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you!

Hi Susan,
I made a short video of the problem I had with the connection to Crystalsky. I made screen copies of the firmware versions at the end of the video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqnh1u ... sky%201080.mp4?dl=0

2018-11-21
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you unplug the side cable in you remote control?
On the video i still see the black cable connected in the side plug input of your remote. I believe you have to take that out when  you use bottom usb .
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Scanflight Posted at 11-21 05:27
Hi Susan,
I made a short video of the problem I had with the connection to Crystalsky. I made screen copies of the firmware versions at the end of the video.

Thanks for getting back to us. Just as dronybaloney mentioned, it seems that the side port is still plugged in, please kindly remove it and see if it works now.
2018-11-22
Use props
Scanflight
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-22 23:50
Thanks for getting back to us. Just as dronybaloney mentioned, it seems that the side port is still plugged in, please kindly remove it and see if it works now.

Hello everyone,
actually it works now (USB on USB-C) if I remove the side cable (even he was connected to nothing). DJI should publish a notice for the many users who used Crystalsky on Phantom and now want to connect it to their Mavic 2 Pro
Tks @dronybaloney
2018-11-23
Use props
RM316
lvl.4
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has been happening since the very first mavic came out.  Clearly some form of warning needs to be given to users if they are using the underside USB and not the short cable side connection.
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Scanflight Posted at 11-23 06:28
Hello everyone,
actually it works now (USB on USB-C) if I remove the side cable (even he was connected to nothing). DJI should publish a notice for the many users who used Crystalsky on Phantom and now want to connect it to their Mavic 2 Pro
Tks @dronybaloney

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear it works now. The suggestion will for forwarded to the designated team for further review, we appreciate your support.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RM316 Posted at 11-23 17:06
This has been happening since the very first mavic came out.  Clearly some form of warning needs to be given to users if they are using the underside USB and not the short cable side connection.

Hi RM316, this has been forwarded to the designated team for review, we'll keep learning and improving the experience in the future.
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules