Phantom 2+ Video transmission problem - trying to get support
538 5 2018-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JakeSD75
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 2 Vision +

I've been dealing with the same issue that many have dealt with, the random failure of camera/video transmission to my phones app. I've had the drone several years, used it sparingly for my company (the battery has only gone thru 20 charge cycles), and this issue appeared out of nowhere. I followed the well-known/discussed steps to fix with no luck (verified telemetry transmission, confirmed all firmware was up to date, re-formatted memory card, re-bound the transmitter, checked connections, and finally the ping test). It failed the ping test.

Support has been very frustrating, to say the least. Emailing support@dji, all I got was someone directing me to follow the above steps. Even though I replied, being very clear, that I already did those, I tried them again with no improvement. Email by email I was told to follow each step, as if noone read anything I wrote about how I already did so.

Finally I call and I am told about the 'survey monkey' route, which I follow. I send the drone in for evaluation and get a quote. Wanting to understand the nature of the damage (why it randomly occurred, will there be a recurring problem, etc). Does it need to be re-flashed, or a hardware fix? I call in and am told they'll forward my concerns up the chain, then I get a different quote, which leaves me a little confused. So I call again and now here I am, after calling several times over the past two weeks & getting no help at all, being told to pay for the repair so that they can fix it and then they'll let me know what was wrong with it. What? The support person was literally talking in circles. And my only other option is to email support@dji again which was terrible the first time?

I already knew DJI support was sketchy, but I had no idea. Is there a way to actually speak to someone who knows anything?

- Jake

2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jake, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer support, your frustration will be transferred to the appropriate department for attention, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer service, there will be someone to contact you after the investigation.
I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, upon checking the case, the Image Processing Module will need to be repaired/replaced, you can also see it from the quotation email. Please let us know if you have further concern.
2018-11-14
Use props
JakeSD75
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-14 18:35
Hi Jake, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer support, your frustration will be transferred to the appropriate department for attention, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer service, there will be someone to contact you after the investigation.
I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, upon checking the case, the Image Processing Module will need to be repaired/replaced, you can also see it from the quotation email. Please let us know if you have further concern.

Thank you Mindy. I did see the line about the Image Processing Module in the quote. It's not very specific though and I wanted to speak to someone, or at least get a more detailed email as to the nature of what went wrong with the Image Processing Module. Software issue? Firmware update issue? Hardware? These are the concerns I have - and knowing if the drone is going to be susceptible to a repeat of this issue if it's a design problem (as I've read has been an issue with the Phantom 2). I would really like to be able to speak to someone.

Thank you for your response. - Jake
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JakeSD75 Posted at 11-14 23:54
Thank you Mindy. I did see the line about the Image Processing Module in the quote. It's not very specific though and I wanted to speak to someone, or at least get a more detailed email as to the nature of what went wrong with the Image Processing Module. Software issue? Firmware update issue? Hardware? These are the concerns I have - and knowing if the drone is going to be susceptible to a repeat of this issue if it's a design problem (as I've read has been an issue with the Phantom 2). I would really like to be able to speak to someone.

Thank you for your response. - Jake

Your case has been escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you and figure out your concern, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-15
Use props
JakeSD75
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, Mindy.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No problem, thanks for your patience and hope your concern will be sorted out soon.
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules