Original ronin not working lots of info and tests done
577 1 2018-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigspeights1
lvl.1
New Zealand

I got a used ronin (the first one) as the seller had been told by DJI that the battery was broken (3500mah one). so when i got the ronin in the mail I checked the battery and the voltage is good on all the cells, i setup the ronin and powered it up, it powered on, leveled out the camera and then went limp. i pluged it into my PC via USB and opened the latest DJI assist (v2.5). its connected fine and is showing not dji intelligent battery at the bottom of the GUI. after double checking the contacts on the pins on the side of the battery and making sure they were connecting with the ronin properly im sure thats not the issue. so i downloaded the oldest GUI (v1.4) and installed the older firmware that has. now im not getting the dji intelligent battery warning but the remote controller is not working and any settings i enter into the GUI are wiped if the ronin is powered off. after trying the newer firmware's agian including with the v1.8 GUI i have decided that the newer firmware must not be compatible with the orignal 3500mah battery and so will need to get a 4500mah or 1500mah one (the newer ones).

to add to the if the battery is on while not on the ronin i get 15.1v from the main pins and using my mulitymeter and going for the positive main pin to either of the side pins i get 9.4v

if i install the the new firmware from either 1.8v or 2.5v PC assist i can same my settings on the ronin fine but cant use it, I can use it on the firmware from the 1.4v PC assist but the settings wont save on the ronin.  

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience and if anyone has a ronin that is on the latest firmware from the v2.5 GUI and still able to use the orignal 3500mah battery?
2018-11-14
Use props
bigds5555
lvl.1

United States

I can not get assistant to see my device on computer or phone. When I search device in bluetooth, it comes up but does not connect
2019-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules