I’ve got a white spot in every video or picture.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

I’ve got a white spot in every video or picture of the P3P. Always on the same place.

What can I do about it? I've already cleared the lens...
IMG_0423.JPG

2015-6-3
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you clean the lens or the lens cover? The camera has a lens cover that screws off. Perhaps the lens itself is dirty.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-3
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

PhantomHelp.com Posted at 2015-6-4 03:16
Did you clean the lens or the lens cover? The camera has a lens cover that screws off. Perhaps the l ...

I didn't know that but tested it right away. Cleaned everything but the with spot is staying on the same place, even with the lens cover of..
2015-6-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this ALL the time or when flying with the sun behind the Phantom? just asking as it does/can happen whrn the sun is behing the Phantom. Its called Opposition Surge -

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-3
Use props
brewsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866184 ft
United States

This is actually the shadow of your aircraft.
It has to do with light refraction and the sun not being a point of light, but rather a disk of light. You can see this effect while on any aircraft if you look for where the aircrafts shadow should be. There is no shadow, but rather, this lighter spot or patch.
Thats nature for you.
2015-6-3
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

brewsky Posted at 2015-6-4 07:09
This is actually the shadow of your aircraft.
It has to do with light refraction and the sun not bei ...

i do not think it is the  shadow  of the phantom on those images. The shadow should be at about a 45 degree angle to the left of images. Look at the shadows on the ground & things in the images. In first image, look at shadow on the ground where the object is on the ground  bottom right. In the second one, the shadows are from right to left about a 45 degree angle. Could be something inside lens. Normally something on sensor is a dark spot not light.
2015-6-3
Use props
brewsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866184 ft
United States

Larry L Posted at 2015-6-4 11:23
i do not think it is the  shadow  of the phantom on those images. The shadow should be at about a 4 ...

You may be right.  The shadows of the trees do not line up right for this to be refraction.
2015-6-3
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

The spot is also thee when the P3P is on the ground. When i turn the phantom nu hand i keep seeing it on the camera app

image url upload

2015-6-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the mark still there in your house then I think you might need to contact DJI. Definetly not normal. Most you could probably do it have a GOOD look down the lens with a magnifyning glass and see if there is a spek of dust thats got in there.. But if its been there since day one then its more than likely happened when the P3 was made. best give them a bell. The P3 might well need to go to Germany ( or replaced by a dealer if you didnt buy direct ).

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-3
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I think you have a few pixels not shutting off or a few are working at a slightly slower shutter speed..  Time to send it back..  Personally I would wait til dji get caught up so your not without your toy all summer...
2015-6-3
Use props
ImmortalCulture
lvl.2

Canada

Looks like you have a spec of something on your sensor. Not sure if you can get into the camera to clean it. Guessing you're going to need a new camera
2015-6-3
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

I've looked at the photo's from the beginning, almost every picture has the spot. I'will contact DJI. Thank you everybody.
2015-6-3
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

Hi! Had the same problem. Send your stuff to DJI. In my case they changed my P3. I had to send back the faulty one, and now I'm waiting for the new one. I think that this is a sensor problem.

Contact 24h support.

2015-6-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

And pls upload some original picture files.
2015-6-4
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2015-6-4 18:07
Hi! Had the same problem. Send your stuff to DJI. In my case they changed my P3. I had to send back  ...

dit you contact DJI europe?
2015-6-4
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-4 20:34
And pls upload some original picture files.

Here the pictures, i've only reduced them from 4000x2250 to 1024x576 because of the upload size.

Can you help?

-20150603_0137.jpg
-20150603_0199.jpg

2015-6-4
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

klaasjan@haitsm Posted at 2015-6-4 22:51
dit you contact DJI europe?

Yep...I send a mail, but had no answer from DJI Europe, so I entered 24h support chat and they helped me. They asked to send the original videos, and 24h after I had an e-mail from DJI asking to return the faulty one. Had to send it back to Hong Kong (what cost me around 120€)... And now I'm waiting for the new one...
2015-6-4
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

joanenricc@yaho Posted at 2015-6-5 01:05
Yep...I send a mail, but had no answer from DJI Europe, so I entered 24h support chat and they help ...

Thanks for you're replys. I've also sended a mail, but also no answer. I'will contact DJI chat again. € 120 ? hmm.....
2015-6-4
Use props
tyr33
lvl.2

United States

I also have a similar white spot.  I too have tried cleaning the lens to no avail.  See blue sky center in photo.
IMG_1078-1.jpg
IMG_1079-1.jpg
IMG_1080-1.jpg
2015-6-4
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

klaasjan@haitsm Posted at 2015-6-5 01:39
Thanks for you're replys. I've also sended a mail, but also no answer. I'will contact DJI chat aga ...

120€ from Spain...
2015-6-4
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

and again, dji 24/7 told me that there's something wrong with the camera and i have to contact dji europe....
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules