Goggles will turn on but screen remains black
2143 5 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brazil Air
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello all, this is a pair of goggle purchased less than a month ago at Best Buy in Portland, OR. I tested them out for a few flights then came home to Brazil. I used them last week to watch some stuff via HDMI from my laptop, look at some tutorials, what have you. Turned them off and set them on the dining room table where they remained for about 5 days seated in their box, untouched. The headband was connected to the viewer. Now the screen is black, there is no startup image, etc. Charging lights and on/off sounds on both parts go on and off as they should. There are no screen/fan sounds.
Things I've tried:
  • Fully charging
  • Disconnecting headband for about 24 hours
  • Disconnecting/reseating headband and viewer unit, all connections look clean and normal
  • Unit will not connect to Assistant 2/laptop even when RC unit will connect as a test; computer does not seem to recognize there is a USB device connected with the goggles, even trying power-up while connected, etc.
  • Note: when they are off and connected to the headband there is a warm area on the viewer unit.

Is there a magic button combination to try a factory reboot or something? What else can I try, it seems odd they went from working to dead screen without any provocation. What am I missing here?
Thanks!
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Brazil Air, we're sorry to read your post. May I know what's the current version of the DJI Assistant 2? You may download the DJI Assistant 2 from the corresponding product page:
https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#downloads
Alternatively, you may change to another working cable and connect with DJI Assistant 2 to check. If still no luck, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check whether it can be solved remotely, thank you!
2018-11-16
Use props
Brazil Air
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 02:16
Hi Brazil Air, we're sorry to read your post. May I know what's the current version of the DJI Assistant 2? You may download the DJI Assistant 2 from the corresponding product page:
https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#downloads
Alternatively, you may change to another working cable and connect with DJI Assistant 2 to check. If still no luck, please kindly upload a short video of your operation, we'd like to check whether it can be solved remotely, thank you!

Hi Susan, thanks for your reply. I should have included this information: the DJI Assistant is the latest version from 3 weeks ago, it is the same version and laptop used to update the firmware on the goggles initially. Also, I'm using the same cable to connect the RC and it connects to Assistant just fine.

Here's a video of the goggles turning on with no image, you can see the headband light blink at the beginning of startup as well.Goggles come on w/o image on screen
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Brazil Air Posted at 11-16 05:21
Hi Susan, thanks for your reply. I should have included this information: the DJI Assistant is the latest version from 3 weeks ago, it is the same version and laptop used to update the firmware on the goggles initially. Also, I'm using the same cable to connect the RC and it connects to Assistant just fine.

Here's a video of the goggles turning on with no image, you can see the headband light blink at the beginning of startup as well.Goggles come on w/o image on screen

Thanks for the clarification. Upon checking all details you offered, I'm afraid that the issue cannot be solved remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.
2018-11-16
Use props
Brazil Air
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 23:42
Thanks for the clarification. Upon checking all details you offered, I'm afraid that the issue cannot be solved remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.

Hi Susan, when I try to start a repair process here in Brazil it says "Your selection is not currently available" and just gives me a link to the general support page. Do you happen to know if that means I will need to ship these goggles back to the US for service? That's going to be expensive, and if I have to do that I may as well go through Amazon returns, since I still have that option as they're brand new.

I would prefer to trade them for another new pair or get them fixed in like new condition at an authorized service center here in Brazil if possible...
Thanks!
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Brazil Air Posted at 11-17 02:40
Hi Susan, when I try to start a repair process here in Brazil it says "Your selection is not currently available" and just gives me a link to the general support page. Do you happen to know if that means I will need to ship these goggles back to the US for service? That's going to be expensive, and if I have to do that I may as well go through Amazon returns, since I still have that option as they're brand new.

I would prefer to trade them for another new pair or get them fixed in like new condition at an authorized service center here in Brazil if possible...

Sorry for the late response. Please kindly write an email to support@dji.com, offer the Goggles SN and purchase invoice, the designated team will check and guide you the further steps. Alternatively, you may contact your seller and ask them to help you proceed the repair/replacement.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules