Another Mavic 2 Pro Falling from the Sky
5960 51 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Riss
New
Saudi Arabia

Hello,
Found this thread by chance of Google - my Mavic 2 Pro fall from the air and I can figure out why. The location was clear, battery was full... could any experts here spare a few min and let me know?

My drone is a write off as 3 motors, one arm, gimbal are damaged beyond help and the whole body is missaligned
2019-11-10
Use props
Riss
New
Saudi Arabia

Link to log
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SQHYPKPJN2ANO99A9ZY2/
2019-11-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like this problem was solved and it was an unfortunate pilot error.  Nothing against the operator, but it was just an honest mistake.
2019-11-10
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Riss Posted at 11-10 06:05
Hello,
Found this thread by chance of Google - my Mavic 2 Pro fall from the air and I can figure out why. The location was clear, battery was full... could any experts here spare a few min and let me know?

Are you selling the damaged drone.
2019-11-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-11-15 08:25
@Jonathan SAYEB, you did a CSC mid-flight and stopped your motors

[view_image]

Method one does not work in flight does it? If so then motors would shut off on descent?
2019-11-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-11-15 09:41
That’s why you are given the option to Change to emergency only, although it should be default, also change CSC to same as P4Pro RTH and left stick straight down.

I’m also not sure of any real benefits unless on the ground craft goes haywire, surely there is not many reasons to cut motors in the air unless you meet traffic.

How would the drone know if there is an emergency or not?
2019-11-11
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tollytastic Posted at 6-13 01:23
Just checked and my controller was set to emergency only by default (well done DJI) but it is worth checking!!  BTW sorry if its a stupid question but what does CSC maneuver stand for ?

Combination Stick Command
2019-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BrianKushner Posted at 11-11 08:17
How would the drone know if there is an emergency or not?

Emergency will be determined by an actual collision.
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_bJ2r2xWaOER6
New
Flight distance : 196565 ft
United States

I just had a similar experience - Mavic 2 Pro fell from the sky with no warning and full battery.  My biggest concern is if this could happen again and the risk of injuring (or killing) someone with a drone falling from up to 100m.  
2020-12-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_bJ2r2xWaOER6 Posted at 12-16 14:02
I just had a similar experience - Mavic 2 Pro fell from the sky with no warning and full battery.  My biggest concern is if this could happen again and the risk of injuring (or killing) someone with a drone falling from up to 100m.

Thats why most countries dont allow you to fly within a certain distance or directly overhead uninvolved people legally.
2020-12-16
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Over years,  it is still a hot topic this emergency shut down of the motors.
Few concerns:  
shutting down the motors of flying drone helps what?
if the drone still flying (even uncontrolled way)  you may still have change to gain control and divert it ( I mean most of the time )
if you shut down the motors, it will turn in to a  two pound stone free falling  from sky. in anyway if it will kill someone ( touch wood) could still kill in this way.  
I hope for next generation drones, instead of using the combination of the sticks , an emergency stop button on the controller could help more  and will definitely  eliminates  undeliberate  mistakes.
2020-12-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

shutting down the motors of flying drone helps what?

To stop it in the even of a flyaway or out of control to stop it going somewhere it shouldn't like the nearest airport, crowd or busy road.

if the drone still flying (even uncontrolled way)  you may still have change to gain control and divert it ( I mean most of the time )

Not if its IMU, compass or simple not responding to controls you dont.

if you shut down the motors, it will turn in to a  two pound stone free falling  from sky. in anyway if it will kill someone ( touch wood) could still kill in this wa

Thats why in most places its not legal (or sensible) to fly your drone near or over anyone it could hurt.  If you fly away from these risks and it goes rogue, you CSC shutdown BEFORE it gets to an area where it poses a risk to safety.
2020-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules