Cannot Take Off - Aircraft is locked
2159 4 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaimimc
lvl.1
United States

I'm finally trying my spark. I've installed DJI Go 4. I've updated firmware to the latest version. I have an OTG cable connecting my phone to the controller.The controller is connected to the Spark, and they are communicating.

But when I go to launch, and it says "Cannot Take Off" on the top.

When I press that for more information, it says "Aircraft is locked".

I've registered the aircraft (as far as I know).

There's a section for "Unlocking license" for both aircraft and app, but there is nothing on them, and refreshing them does nothing.

Not sure what is going on. Does anyone know what I am missing?

2018-11-15
Use props
jaimimc
lvl.1
United States

Ok  - following standard internet rules, after fighting it for 2 days, getting nowhere, and giving up and posting... the DJI go 4 app decided to download a precision fly safe update (or something) and it all started working without me doing anything.

So, if you're seeing the same issue on your first flight, just leave the DJI go 4 app open for awhile, and perhaps it will download the database it needs.

Note to app developers:  Instead of just saying "Aircraft is locked" - instead give the reason that it is locked, and then a manual way to force it to download the data it needs.
2018-11-15
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is so frustrating, but I’m glad this is resolved and thanks for sharing the solution here.

Happy flying
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi jaimimc, glad to know the issue has been figured out, your suggestion will be forwarded to our developers for consideration, if you have any further concern, welcome to contact our support team www.dji.com/support any time, we will do our best to help.
2018-11-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

jaimimc Posted at 11-15 17:34
Ok  - following standard internet rules, after fighting it for 2 days, getting nowhere, and giving up and posting... the DJI go 4 app decided to download a precision fly safe update (or something) and it all started working without me doing anything.

So, if you're seeing the same issue on your first flight, just leave the DJI go 4 app open for awhile, and perhaps it will download the database it needs.

Out of my experience I'd say you have had your app open but not online, at he first attempts.
"Usually" (I had a "couple" of installs over the past 16 month) the app updates  direct at the first start.
Fully automatic.
Unless you get yourself the Version starting with 30.xxxxx from ApkMirror, which are doubles in size and including this database.

I agree, it should be mentioned in playstore that after installing another major download has to be done and perhaps even another update , NFZ, can be needed.
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules