Disappointed by DJI non support
1128 9 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8792df2d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 533284 ft
Norway

I’ve travel from Australia to Europe for seven weeks of photography and drone photography through Rome, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland. Awesome trip and cost a bomb.

Unfortunately I crashed my new mavic 2 pro into near freezing water in central Norway, after the collision avoidance failed to sense power lines. I searched for my mavic for the rest of the day and the next morning using my GoPro attached to a stick. I found it, but there was no way possible I could have dived into the water to retrieve the drone without risking my own safety, due to the fast flowing water and the ice etc. I figured that’s reasonable, I have the flight data and the low resolution video on my phone and DJI care refresh any reasonable person would accept that, right? Wrong!

I know DJI state you must return the drone but I thought they’d be reasonable. Anyway I had no choir but to accept that. DJI did offer a 15% discount on a new mavic without a controller etc as I still have those. But I’m still on my holiday and about to go to Iceland and I really wanted my drone for Iceland. So I called DJI to acc the offer and to ask them if I could pick up the new drone from the Oslo DJI store, which they said no, it has to be sent from our Australian warehouse. So I asked if they could send it to me in Iceland rather than my home address at my expense to which they said no we can only send to Australian address for Australian warehouse.

I understand there are policy and procedures but this is crazy not helpful at all.
2018-11-15
Use props
offtheback
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13086942 ft
United States

They are inflexible for the most part.I assume you spoke to a supervisor.I got a bit further with one.
2018-11-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

So I asked if they could send it to me in Iceland rather than my home address at my expense to which they said no we can only send to Australian address for Australian warehouse.

I go with DJI on not replacing drone without returning frozen corpse.  But I do not understand why DJI would not send discounted replacement drone to Iceland when you offered to pay difference in shipping costs.
2018-11-15
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

I searched for my mavic for the rest of the day and the next morning using my GoPro attached to a stick. I found it, but there was no way possible I could have dived into the water to retrieve the drone without risking my own safety, due to the fast flowing water and the ice etc.

If you can see it with your GoPro on a stick is there no way you can't fish it out with a line and a grapnel? That's what I would be trying
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, per the data analysis, the accident was caused by the pilot error and we have provided the best resolution.
Currently, we do not provide the global warranty, since your drone is Australia version and your case is handled by the Australia repair center, we are unable to ship the drone to other countries, and picking up the drone from the Oslo DJI store is not available either. Appreciate your kind understanding.
2018-11-16
Use props
fans8792df2d
lvl.1
Norway

Mi Mindy

Thanks for your message, can you explain why you can’t ship outside my country? What are the differences between a drone in Australia and a drone in Norway or Iceland? As I said I’m happy to pay the extra shipping cost to get it to Iceland! I’ve been really looking forward to using my drone in Iceland and I don’t understand why it’s a problem to ship out side of my country. Hope you can help clear this up, I’m sure there’s a logical explanation but at the moment it’s not clear.
2018-11-16
Use props
fans8792df2d
lvl.1
Norway

Boffin Posted at 11-15 22:59
I searched for my mavic for the rest of the day and the next morning using my GoPro attached to a stick. I found it, but there was no way possible I could have dived into the water to retrieve the drone without risking my own safety, due to the fast flowing water and the ice etc.

If you can see it with your GoPro on a stick is there no way you can't fish it out with a line and a grapnel? That's what I would be trying

I tried to scope it out but everything I could find was either too short or to flimsy to drag it out. I only had limited time at the location due to holiday schedule. But DJI have explained the care refresh is not global and since I bought mine online in Australia it only covers me in Australia.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans8792df2d Posted at 11-16 00:54
Mi Mindy

Thanks for your message, can you explain why you can’t ship outside my country? What are the differences between a drone in Australia and a drone in Norway or Iceland? As I said I’m happy to pay the extra shipping cost to get it to Iceland! I’ve been really looking forward to using my drone in Iceland and I don’t understand why it’s a problem to ship out side of my country. Hope you can help clear this up, I’m sure there’s a logical explanation but at the moment it’s not clear.

Different versions have different warranty service, customs clearance is complicated and it may take long time to ship the drone to the country outside Australia. Your concern has been escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the further resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-16
Use props
fans8792df2d
lvl.1
Norway

Thank you Mindy, I appreciate it.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8792df2d Posted at 11-16 02:46
Thank you Mindy, I appreciate it.

There might be some delay due to the weekend. The team will review your case and contact you during the working time.
2018-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules