4655 18 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear M200 series users,
A new firmware version V01.02.0000 has been released for M200 series drones, which presents significant improvement for flight safety. The updates can only be performed with the latest battery firmware. Please install each and every battery to your drone and update the aircraft to the latest version. Please check the update notification promptly and update the firmware before November 23, 2018 to continue using your drone.

Overview
  • Date:        2018.11.16
  • Aircraft Firmware:        V01.02.0000
  • Remote Controller Firmware:        V01.01.0020
  • V02.00.0120(Cendence)
  • DJI GO 4 app:         iOS V4.3.3, Android V4.3.2
  • DJI Pilot app:        Android V 1.0.1
  • CrystalSky Firmware:        V2.6.6.0

This firmware update resolves the rare issue of mid-flight power loss due to incorrect battery level calculations. Please run this update immediately.

What's New?
  • Resolved the issue of a false high State of Charge (SOC) reading of the battery where the SOC displayed in the app is higher than the actual SOC, with additional measures to protect the aircraft.
         If you have multiple batteries, please run this firmware update on all of them.
  • Enhanced the performance of the external GPS module, specifically improving the built-in compass’ ability to withstand signal interference. (Please connect a GPS module to the aircraft during the firmware update)
  • Resolved a rare issue where the aircraft cannot take off when two downward gimbals are connected on the M210 RTK.
  • Resolved a rare issue where the aircraft shakes as the gimbal turns.
  • Resolved a rare issue of abnormal time settings in Interval shooting mode during Waypoint Flight.

Notes:
  • This firmware update includes protection measures to ensure flight safety, and the following may occur after the update:
       a. Longer warmup time before takeoff.
      b. A rare situation where RTH or landing is triggered when the battery level displayed in the app is more than the value that is required for the corresponding function.         
      To minimize the impact to user experience, it is strongly recommended to fully charge battery and make sure the battery temperature is 20°C or higher before takeoff.

• The Zenmuse Z30 should be updated to v01.00.00.47 before using the gimbal with this firmware. Reset the gimbal parameters after the Zenmuse Z30 firmware update is complete.
  • Only newer Zenmuse XT models are compatible with the Matrice 200. A replacement may be required if your XT model isn't supported. Please contact DJI Support to learn more about various XT model compatibility. The Zenmuse XT gimbal adapter and DJI Pilot app are also required when used with the Matrice 200.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI Pilot \ DJI GO 4, then try updating again.
2018-11-16
Use props
TomiZ
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, I'm trying to use both methods to upgrade my M210 RTK, but they all failed. The batteries are fully charged. The latest DJI GO 4 on my iOS device shows that there is no firmware upgrade that needs to be done, and DJI Assistant 2 shows Update Failed. Upload Error Log.
2018-11-16
Use props
Jim Mc Arthur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41893 ft
Canada

I have been trying to upgrade as well.  Keeps failing????????????????????????? Come on DJI make sure these upgrades work before sending them out  I have wasted a whole morning now.  I did upload the eror log several times so hopefully it helps them
Jim
Update to this now I have solid red lights on M210 cant refresh to previous version even WTF?
Jim

So used the GO 4 App today and it worked.  I never tried the Assistant today so do not know if it works or not.

2018-11-16
Use props
sasmsmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59196 ft
United States

I am having the same issues as TomiZ. DJI Assistant gets to 43% and then the update fails. I have had these issues before and they have usually been resolved when I try a day or two later, but they shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Also, why should we have to use the craft as a means to update batteries? You would think that DJI would allow us to plug the battery charging station directly into a computer to update 4 batteries at once.
2018-11-16
Use props
fans2f1ebe3b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53081 ft
  • >>>
United States

Installed as it is designed, flew for 2 hrs, M-200 rock solid wit X4s and x5s, need to test Z30.
2018-11-17
Use props
ZaloWrvec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136539 ft
United States

I'm trying to update my M210-RTK.  It appears the update is working as I get the 100% update complete message.  However, when I return to the firmware list screen I see two items for V01.02.0000 and the blue upgrade button.  The current version is listed as V01.02.0000- (what's the dash at the end mean.  I've heard some say it means an upgrade is still needed).  Here's a screenshot.  How do I know everything is the latest?

2018-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2018-11-19
Use props
user2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262362 ft
United States

Has anyone else lost pan and tilt controls on cendence remote after this update?
2018-11-20
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

This is great and all but the upgrade will not work at all, either through DJI Go app or DJI Assistant.
The system keeps asking to update the Z30/XT firmware, when it is already up to date.

M210-DJI-Assistant-2Nov6.png
DJI Go CrystalSky Nov6.png
2018-11-20
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Canada

Double post, please delete.
2018-11-20
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Canada

"Please check the update notification promptly and update the firmware before November 23, 2018 to continue using your drone."
And what will happen if we update the firmware after that date? It will self destruct?
2018-11-20
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I did the upgrade procedure with Assistant 2 for Matrice.
After the upgrade finished, i see 2 identical versions as current versions.

Why are there 2 firmware versions displayed?
What are the differences? (if any)
Is this a bug in DJI's Assistant for Matrice?
Is this a bug on DJI's server side delivering the firmware?
How can we be certain that the upgrade procedure is/was succesful?
How do we determine the batteries firmware version? (Pilot nor GO4 reporting the battery version)
2018-11-20
Use props
smcharg
New
Flight distance : 7582 ft
United States

ZaloWrvec Posted at 11-19 10:43
I'm trying to update my M210-RTK.  It appears the update is working as I get the 100% update complete message.  However, when I return to the firmware list screen I see two items for V01.02.0000 and the blue upgrade button.  The current version is listed as V01.02.0000- (what's the dash at the end mean.  I've heard some say it means an upgrade is still needed).  Here's a screenshot.  How do I know everything is the latest?

[view_image]

I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware after several tries through DJI Assistant 2.  I also get the  "dash" at the end of the Current firmware but have found that I only get weird things like that when I have the Z30 hooked up to the gimbal.  Try removing the Z30 and hook up the Matrice to DA2 and see what you get.
2018-11-21
Use props
ZaloWrvec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136539 ft
United States

I have verified when the Z30 is attached the dash does show up at the end of the current firmware version as well as blue Upgrade button in the list.  Remove the Z30 and the dash goes away and the Upgrade button now says Refresh.  The Z30 is at v1.0.0.47 (the latest).  I even tried refreshing the Z30's firmware, but I think it know it is at the latest.  

In either case I get two rows in the firmware list for the same version: v01.02.0000
2018-11-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dangerous surprise ...

"Notes:
This firmware update includes protection measures to ensure flight safety, and the following may occur after the update:
       a. Longer warmup time before takeoff.
       b. A rare situation where RTH or landing is triggered when the battery level displayed in the app is more than the value that is required for the corresponding function. "

Are you serious, DJI? It just happen to me ... I don't mind to wait a while for battery warm-up, but uncontrollable landing is the scenario only mad man will accept !!! What were you thinking ??? Get rid of this absurd before somebody get hurt !!! Geez ... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: A day after my first encounter with this unexpected behaviour, I came across an official DJI explanation #507... Shall I know all of this in such detail BEFORE firmware upgrade, and how to deal with these anomalies, my rage will be far more mitigated ...

2018-11-22
Use props
Sean34102
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97270 ft
United States

I agree.  This Firmware update V01.02.000 did not fix the problem it created the problem.  I had an emergency landing with 53% battery.  I was lucky it was over open flat ground.
Our M210 is grounded until this is fixed.  Very dangerous!!!
2018-12-7
Use props
Jay Caughman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9065 ft

United States

The random forced landing is absurd.  We are grounded as well.  This last firmware is a major step backwards.  Come on DJI, get it together, fix the firmware and re-issue.  I now have a $20k brick, thank you.
Not to mention it's routinely used for public safety flights....now more a danger than a help.  Let's go back to firmware 1.0 and start over.  At least I could fly it without a sudden AL or RTH.  Ridiculous.
2018-12-7
Use props
scott
lvl.1

United States

Jay Caughman Posted at 12-7 13:42
The random forced landing is absurd.  We are grounded as well.  This last firmware is a major step backwards.  Come on DJI, get it together, fix the firmware and re-issue.  I now have a $20k brick, thank you.
Not to mention it's routinely used for public safety flights....now more a danger than a help.  Let's go back to firmware 1.0 and start over.  At least I could fly it without a sudden AL or RTH.  Ridiculous.

I'm in the same boat, My 210 did an emergency RTH with 40% battery while i was inspecting a solar field only a couple hundred feet away and 60 feet off the ground.  thank god it didn't do an emergency landing onto the panels could have lost the bird as the panels are set on an angle and would have damaged property.   Not safe at all.  we are grounded until this is fixed as well.  can have my rig decide to land in the middle of a sub station.   

does turning off smart RTH fix this issue?
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_j4jzE8p36HLR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28888 ft
South Africa

First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The Pilot app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

DJI have told me it's a third party app, it's not compatible with Spark and also that they can't open a case because they can't get the data from Pilot, even though I sent them the Pilot flight data via Google Drive.

DJI WILL find all sorts of excuses not to open a case if you use the Pilot app.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules