first flights video and such
1247 12 2015-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

Here are my first flights (well not actually, cause I forgot to hit the record button on the very first two)
Used Sony Movie Studio to render it.
Notice the horizon and street are not level.  On the second battery the gimbal went crazy and basically is DOA

2015-6-3
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

It's showing as "This video is private."  You may need to change the settings in YouTube?
2015-6-3
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

sorry, fixed it.
2015-6-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

My question, is did you calibrate the IMU and then Compass?  You can also calibrate the gimbal.  Let us know if that solves your problems.
2015-6-3
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Cool shots
2015-6-3
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-4 05:57
My question, is did you calibrate the IMU and then Compass?  You can also calibrate the gimbal.  Let ...

I was mostly experimenting today, but, when I attempted to calibrate the IMU, it informed me that it was unnecessary. The camera looked initially as if it was aiming just a tad off center. After it had been on (but not flying - I was running the pilot app and doing screen captures - the camera seemed to have straightened out. I hope this is just one of many nagging semi-bugs that DJI will eventually get fixed.
2015-6-3
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

it's looks like you might also still have the plastic protection over the camera lens??
2015-6-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-4 09:25
I was mostly experimenting today, but, when I attempted to calibrate the IMU, it informed me that  ...

I don't care with the App tells me.  I always calibrate the IIMU.  It is your choice.
2015-6-3
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-4 09:57
I don't care with the App tells me.  I always calibrate the IIMU.  It is your choice.

Ed, I totally agree. But once I received the message that the IMU did not need to be calibrated, touching the "calibrate button" wouldn't do anything *except* notify me that it didn't need to be calibrated!
2015-6-4
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-4 09:57

Okay Ed - update from my previous post. Hooked everything up again. This time I went in and out of the menu containing the calibrate option - had a minor balk but on the second or third try I got the calibration process under way.

Went far faster than I thought it might - probably less than five minutes. Also calibrated the gimbal while I was at it.

As I'm sure you well know, the "buttons" don't always work on the first press. That may likely have absolutely nothing to do with the Pilot app and everything to do with the touch-screen on mobile devices. Can you guys fix that? LOL
2015-6-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-4 22:21
Okay Ed - update from my previous post. Hooked everything up again. This time I went in and out of ...

What device are you using?
2015-6-4
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-5 07:20
What device are you using?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android smart phone - maybe some times not so smart!)
2015-6-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-5 07:27
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android smart phone - maybe some times not so smart!)

I use an S4 for testing purposes.  Normally I am using a iPad 2 mini.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules