Shaky Spark footage
1559 13 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stocky1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I bought my Spark online and it looks like there is something wrong with the camera.  Its all shaky and flickers at times. Please help.
2018-11-16
Use props
Stocky1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Heres the example
2018-11-16
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is your Spark brand new? Has it ever been crashed? Do the props appear to be damaged anywhere?
2018-11-16
Use props
Stocky1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 11-16 07:07
Is your Spark brand new? Has it ever been crashed? Do the props appear to be damaged anywhere?

The props are in good shape. Ive never crashed it but I bought it 2nd hand. I have read elsewhere that there was a bug with the early sparks?
2018-11-16
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it's occurring due to a bug, updating the firmware would fix it. It looks like someone sold you a broken drone.

The seller didn't mention this issue?
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Stocky, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please restore the settings to factory defaults and try to flash the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download DJI Assistant 2 using this link: https://www.dji.com/spark/downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

2018-11-16
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Unless you are on the side of a mountain, the horizon in the background should be for the most part, level.

I'm wondering if it wasn't crashed, and gimbal plate isn't seated properly... or one of the isolators is either ripped or pulled out.  If this happens, then the vibration isolation gets all jacked up and you'll see it in the  image, not to mention, the camera will hang crooked and show level things as NOT level...

Here's a photo of the gimbal plate - the round things are the isolators....

2018-11-16
Use props
Stocky1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-16 08:05
Hi Stocky, our apologies for the inconvenience. Please restore the settings to factory defaults and try to flash the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download DJI Assistant 2 using this link: https://www.dji.com/spark/downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Thanks for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Psa4hAImKw

Thank you for your reply. I have already done this and it didnt improve the video. In my previous comment I should have stated I think its a hardware bug.
2018-11-16
Use props
Stocky1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

White Ox Posted at 11-16 10:05
Unless you are on the side of a mountain, the horizon in the background should be for the most part, level.

I'm wondering if it wasn't crashed, and gimbal plate isn't seated properly... or one of the isolators is either ripped or pulled out.  If this happens, then the vibration isolation gets all jacked up and you'll see it in the  image, not to mention, the camera will hang crooked and show level things as NOT level...

I think this is the issue. Is it something DJI can fix for me? Of do you think I can do it myself?
2018-11-17
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, I'm sure you can tackle it yourself.

There are some youtube videos on how it comes apart.
2018-11-17
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hi all, I have the same problem but only at low light conditions when flying at night with high ISO 3200 and shutter at 50-60

Try to set ISO and shutter manualy (not auto) and see wich value makes the problem.

Till now I tought that my problem is due to low light, now I see it is not.

Hope this helps.

I am curious, did you shoot your video in sport mode?
2018-11-17
Use props
Stocky1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Micato Posted at 11-17 09:45
Hi all, I have the same problem but only at low light conditions when flying at night with high ISO 3200 and shutter at 50-60

Try to set ISO and shutter manualy (not auto) and see wich value makes the problem.

Interesting.

I shot in standard mode, not sport.
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Stocky1 Posted at 11-16 23:58
Thank you for your reply. I have already done this and it didnt improve the video. In my previous comment I should have stated I think its a hardware bug.

Sorry to hear that. In this case, I would suggest you to contact our support team to start up a case : (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-19
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Hire is my video. My problem starts at second 11 at then at the end, look at the last billboard " biraj pametno". I understand flicker 50-60 HZ and that is normal but camera twitching is not.

I have bought ND filters for SPARK to make my videos more smooth, but I have sell them because then I had twiches during daylight (ISO 100 and shutter 180).

So obviously I have a camera problem also.

It is not big deal for me because I shoot weddings during daylight. Sometimes I must do a night shot at low light and then I curse DJI.

This video was best that I have kept, I have deleted all the other trash. If anyone from DJI want me to shoot another video at night with more and more twiches let me know?

Watch in HD please.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules