Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Case FW
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly Gary
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3700285 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did the charging station also get new firmware for updating the batteries at the same time as the .300 release?
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, we appreciate bringing this query to us. No there is no update for the charging station. This is nothing to do with the charging hub since the problem is with the battery firmware. Just connect your aircraft to your PC to update the firmware of each and every battery. Hope this helps. We appreciate your continued support.
2018-11-16
Use props
Fly Gary
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-16 08:54
Hi, we appreciate bringing this query to us. No there is no update for the charging station. This is nothing to do with the charging hub since the problem is with the battery firmware. Just connect your aircraft to your PC to update the firmware of each and every battery. Hope this helps. We appreciate your continued support.

Incorrect answer.  One of the features of the charging station is the ability to update the firmware of the batteries. Please read your documentation of features.  The battery firmware the charging station uses to update the batteries is maintained by updating the firmware of the station.  See the previous release notes of the last charging station update.  That release was at 1.0.0.71 which is higher than the version number that was in .200 of the aircraft update.  So my hunch is the aircraft will not attempt to update the battery if the FW is higher.    (Yes I have tried)
2018-11-16
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fly Gary Posted at 11-16 09:04
Incorrect answer.  One of the features of the charging station is the ability to update the firmware of the batteries. Please read your documentation of features.  The battery firmware the charging station uses to update the batteries is maintained by updating the firmware of the station.  See the previous release notes of the last charging station update.  That release was at 1.0.0.71 which is higher than the version number that was in .200 of the aircraft update.  So my hunch is the aircraft will not attempt to update the battery if the FW is higher.    (Yes I have tried)

Hi Gary

I was thinking the same thing. Guess we will need to check the Battery Station with the A2 App and see if the new battery FW is available.  The new FW for the Inspire 2 looks encouraging but would like to wait and see how others report their findings before changing mine over.

Rich
2018-11-16
Use props
Fly Gary
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 11-16 09:23
Hi Gary

I was thinking the same thing. Guess we will need to check the Battery Station with the A2 App and see if the new battery FW is available.  The new FW for the Inspire 2 looks encouraging but would like to wait and see how others report their findings before changing mine over.

I can't even find the version number in the GO App or the Assistant.  I do know I was not prompted to update the batteries after the initial pair on the update from .200 to .300.   None of the 8 other pairs prompt for updates when it starts up.

A2 for Battery station does not pick up a new firmware
2018-11-16
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fly Gary Posted at 11-16 10:06
I can't even find the version number in the GO App or the Assistant.  I do know I was not prompted to update the batteries after the initial pair on the update from .200 to .300.   None of the 8 other pairs prompt for updates when it starts up.

Hi Gary

I have not looked into this yet. As you probably already know, the DJI battery Station will need to be updated before it can update the latest FW on the batteries. So, I think DJI will need to push out another FW update for the battery station then we can go from there.  DJI wanted to get the FW released for the Inspire 2 because of the battery issues, hopefully they will follow up with the battery station soon

Rich

2018-11-16
Use props
Fly Gary
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 11-16 16:58
Hi Gary

I have not looked into this yet. As you probably already know, the DJI battery Station will need to be updated before it can update the latest FW on the batteries. So, I think DJI will need to push out another FW update for the battery station then we can go from there.  DJI wanted to get the FW released for the Inspire 2 because of the battery issues, hopefully they will follow up with the battery station soon

Guess we are still waiting for DJI to address this issue.  I found out in the Pilot app, you can see the firmware version of the batteries.   All mine are on .71 since they were done with the battery case.  Too bad the Alta is so expensive and I already have about 15K into the I2.  
2018-12-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fly Gary Posted at 12-6 07:32
Guess we are still waiting for DJI to address this issue.  I found out in the Pilot app, you can see the firmware version of the batteries.   All mine are on .71 since they were done with the battery case.  Too bad the Alta is so expensive and I already have about 15K into the I2.

Gary,
The latest battery FW for the inspire 2 right now is .71, DJI Mindy confirmed this on another tread. There are some concerns that .71 is not the complete battery fix.  I have not seen any issues since updating the Inspire 2 and all my batteries.

Rich
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules