check this out
1071 7 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

while lising to a news cast ( CBS AM )  Kim Komando came on and said something like a  " DJI drone's are easy to hack " . or something like that  .i came across this aritical
https://www.komando.com/happenin ... opping-from-the-sky
another aritical
https://qz.com/1037497/people-ar ... ing-out-of-the-sky/

below is the only aritical i could find on the DJI hack ( the last sentance )  
These drones are falling strait out of the sky due to a ... - Kim Komando
[url]www.komando.com/happening-now/.../one-makers-drones-are-dropping-from-the-sk...

[/url]

Nov 1, 2018 - The DJI Spark, the smallest and cheapest drone from the Chinese manufacturer, ... their drones via the DJI Assistant 2 app, but the problem has people understandably .... If you have an Apple ID, you may have been hacked.

2018-11-16
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

Interesting the Matrice 200 was mentioned in there.  If someone hacks your drone while flying they can gain more than just control over flight I guess.  You personal info via DJI GO and Assistant/Apple ID?  
2018-11-16
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

Laz22 Posted at 11-16 12:33
Interesting the Matrice 200 was mentioned in there.  If someone hacks your drone while flying they can gain more than just control over flight I guess.  You personal info via DJI GO and Assistant/Apple ID?

i think they were saying that they could hack your information on your phone and computer .
2018-11-16
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

NRRTRAINS 85 Posted at 11-16 16:54
i think they were saying that they could hack your information on your phone and computer .

Interesting that they say Apple didn't check the DJI app for complying with Apple's security protocols.  I thought Apple would have better control over what the app can send.  Hopefully, the app is just sending my pics of me (middle aged out of shape guy) wear wearing my thong underwear,...backwards.  "Feast your eyes!"
2018-11-17
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

Gunship9 Posted at 11-17 08:44
Interesting that they say Apple didn't check the DJI app for complying with Apple's security protocols.  I thought Apple would have better control over what the app can send.  Hopefully, the app is just sending my pics of me (middle aged out of shape guy) wear wearing my thong underwear,...backwards.  "Feast your eyes!"

i bleive that a good hacker can hack any thing .
2018-11-17
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Gunship9 Posted at 11-17 08:44
.... wearing my thong underwear,...backwards.  "Feast your eyes!"

TMI !!!!!   Ha ha.  Well, it might be a bit drafty with that outfit.... unless you are in the south.
2018-11-17
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Northwood Posted at 11-17 21:19
TMI !!!!!   Ha ha.  Well, it might be a bit drafty with that outfit.... unless you are in the south.

LOL.  It would be just punishment for the hacker.

I am where it is snowing tonight.  Took a friends spare snowmobile out tonight and left the thong behind.  Winter jacket and thermals on so I wound up very over heated and sweating.  My first time riding a sled.  Had to stop to take off the jacket and vent.  If they take them out tomorrow in the new snow fall, I will try to chase them with the Spark.

Plenty to photograph in the winter.  

2018-11-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Gunship9 Posted at 11-17 22:03
LOL.  It would be just punishment for the hacker.

I am where it is snowing tonight.  Took a friends spare snowmobile out tonight and left the thong behind.  Winter jacket and thermals on so I wound up very over heated and sweating.  My first time riding a sled.  Had to stop to take off the jacket and vent.  If they take them out tomorrow in the new snow fall, I will try to chase them with the Spark.

warm the batteries!

" I will try to chase them with the Spark."
2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules