4 RTK Correction options and Dongle
8427 12 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTCWBY
lvl.3

United States

Have a question into support but haven't got a answer back. I also realize this is brand new so there isn't a lot of knowlege out there just yet.

Just got a new Pro 4 RTK but the base station hasn't come in yet. We had it shipped early because it appears that the unit also supports the Cell base network like SmartNet so I figured we'd just use that in the meantime. The issue now is that it doesn't appear to ship with a cell dongle that it mentions as an option in the manual but won't connect for corrections over a wifi hotspot although it does download maps that way.

My fallback is to go buy a 4G dongle but can't find any mention of the specifications and which ones are supported. The dealer is trying to help and mentioned a Huwei 4G as what was used for other models but there's some varation in those as well. In the meantime I'll wait for the base but it seems like inability to use wifi for corrections is a mistake that should be corrected. Any other suggestions?  

MC
2018-11-16
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Was a LTE dongle not included in your Phantom 4 RTK? It seems the US version of Phantom 4 RTK doesn't include the 4G dongle, the EU version includes the 4G dongle. You can compare here: EU: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _RTK_In_the_Box.pdf // US: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _RTK_In_the_Box.pdf
2018-11-17
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The 4G module:
2018-11-17
Use props
MTCWBY
lvl.3

United States

I was finally able to get it to work with the Cell based network. In looking at the error message I realized that it could also be construed to say it didn't have network base support. The message had me thinking it didn't have any Network support and doesn't tell you that it has connectivity. And once I solved that I was flying and getting good results.
2018-12-13
Use props
JADaniello
lvl.1
United States

Some of the text prompts (or lack thereof) are misleading. I also have the P4 RTK and I have been using/testing it pretty extensively. If I can help you in any way please reach out to me.
2018-12-26
Use props
MTCWBY
lvl.3

United States

JADaniello Posted at 12-26 08:33
Some of the text prompts (or lack thereof) are misleading. I also have the P4 RTK and I have been using/testing it pretty extensively. If I can help you in any way please reach out to me.

Thanks, I'm getting good results at this point although my base is supposed to show up today and I have to figure out that workflow now.
2018-12-26
Use props
djiuser_WIoNxtHSMLu4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40531 ft
United States

What cell provider did you use with the dongle? I cannot get verizon or AT&T to work, did you have to configure anything on the dongle?
2019-5-29
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_WIoNxtHSMLu4 Posted at 5-29 15:49
What cell provider did you use with the dongle? I cannot get verizon or AT&T to work, did you have to configure anything on the dongle?

What Dongle are you using? Both of those providers should work with no problems. Do you have proper credentials? There is a step-by-step video that shows how to set it up.
2019-5-29
Use props
djiuser_WIoNxtHSMLu4
lvl.2
United States

LYVFD8142 Posted at 5-29 17:07
What Dongle are you using? Both of those providers should work with no problems. Do you have proper credentials? There is a step-by-step video that shows how to set it up.

I am using the ZTE MF833V dongle, let me clarify by saying when I plug the dongle into my laptop I either get limited service or no service so I assume it will not work when I plug it into my drone controller. Proper credentials for what? For the cell service I am using?

Thank you
2019-6-3
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_WIoNxtHSMLu4 Posted at 6-3 12:28
I am using the ZTE MF833V dongle, let me clarify by saying when I plug the dongle into my laptop I either get limited service or no service so I assume it will not work when I plug it into my drone controller. Proper credentials for what? For the cell service I am using?

Thank you

Proper credentials for a NTRIP service
2019-6-4
Use props
djiuser_WIoNxtHSMLu4
lvl.2
United States

LYVFD8142 Posted at 6-4 03:17
Proper credentials for a NTRIP service

I do have proper credentials for NTRIP, at this point I am not even trying to get the dongle to work with the drone I am just plugging the dongle into my laptop and trying to get internet from it and I cannot. Do you mind posting the link of where you got your dongle?
2019-6-6
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

ZTE MF833V USB Wireless Modem Mobile Broadband 4G LTE Stick Dongle

2019-6-6
Use props
Thalios
New

Uruguay

LYVFD8142 Posted at 5-29 17:07

Could you post the video link? I am not finding it and I am unable to connect the LTE dongle to my drone
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules