Poor RC Signal
1841 13 2018-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

I recently sold my trusty Mavic Pro and bought the new Mavic 2 Pro. My timing wasn't great because I had to leave it sealed in the box due to travel, new baby, weather etc. for longer than the 15 day return period. Once I unboxed and flew it I was in love for about 4 flights before the camera started losing signal. I tried troubleshooting with multiple DJI tech people in China. This wasn't helpful in the slightest and very frustrating. Finally they had me send it back and I was pleasantly surprised with the quick turnaround. I got updates that my drone had a faulty Core Board Module and would be repaired or replaced. In about a week and a half total time I had a different (not sure if it's new but assuming not since it was thrown in the same packaging I sent mine in) drone. Last night I loaded everything up, updated firmware, added my new DJI Racing Goggles and all was fine EXCEPT for a poor RC signal. Today I sent it up for a test flight after calibrating the compass and it worked fine but I did receive a compass interference warning upon landing and the RC signal still says "poor". I am alarmed after a little research to see how many people seem to be having this issue. I would expect a drone sent straight from quality control and testing in California to be working fine. I've read mixed messages about wifi interferance, the goggles causing it, switching bands, etc. Does anyone know if this is a widespread issue that has been addressed or resolved? Sorry for the long post. Thanks!
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi MurrayMav, I'm sorry for the troubles. I managed to get your previous case number, the unit has been tested and worked well at that time. Just to verify, does the poor RC signal remain if disconnect the Goggles RE? What's the estimated distance when the message appears? It will be better to check the interference in image transmission settings and upload the screen recording for further assistance, thank you!
2018-11-16
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 20:42
Hi MurrayMav, I'm sorry for the troubles. I managed to get your previous case number, the unit has been tested and worked well at that time. Just to verify, does the poor RC signal remain if disconnect the Goggles RE? What's the estimated distance when the message appears? It will be better to check the interference in image transmission settings and upload the screen recording for further assistance, thank you!

The poor RC signal  indicator persists whether I'm on the ground next to the drone or 100 feet in the air. I can't tell if it affects flight or not but it makes me nervous to fly.

This happens with my phone or ipad as well as with wifi on or off. The goggles are turned off during this as well. I have linked them but have yet to fly with them due to this issue.

I sent my controller in with the drone but I don't know if they tested it. I assume not since I had to re-link it when I got it back. Could my problem be with the controller?
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MurrayMav Posted at 11-17 12:36
The poor RC signal  indicator persists whether I'm on the ground next to the drone or 100 feet in the air. I can't tell if it affects flight or not but it makes me nervous to fly.

This happens with my phone or ipad as well as with wifi on or off. The goggles are turned off during this as well. I have linked them but have yet to fly with them due to this issue.

Hi MurrayMav, yes, RC signal is related to the RC, the environment and the aircraft. May I know when the RC signal is poor, how about the HD signal? Please make sure you are flying in the open area without electromagnetic interference, and adjust the Antenna properly.
As Susan mentioned, any chance to upload the screen recording or the screenshot for further support?
GTScreenshot_20181119_114715.png

2018-11-18
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the response. I will try to post a screen capture later though I suspect it won't help much since the RC signal shows poor signal no matter what I do. It's literally poor on the ground, in the air, in the yard, in the house, country, in the city, in a house, with a mouse.... It never changes. It is ALWAYS poor. I have used different mobile devices, antennae formations and now in different states. When I fly, the image transmission is choppy at almost 80 feet even in unobstructed view. How is this possible from a replacement Mavic 2 sent directly to me from DJI last week?? I'm very frustrated to have had this much trouble from an expensive product such as this.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MurrayMav Posted at 11-19 10:11
Thanks for the response. I will try to post a screen capture later though I suspect it won't help much since the RC signal shows poor signal no matter what I do. It's literally poor on the ground, in the air, in the yard, in the house, country, in the city, in a house, with a mouse.... It never changes. It is ALWAYS poor. I have used different mobile devices, antennae formations and now in different states. When I fly, the image transmission is choppy at almost 80 feet even in unobstructed view. How is this possible from a replacement Mavic 2 sent directly to me from DJI last week?? I'm very frustrated to have had this much trouble from an expensive product such as this.

We understand your concern, so sorry for the trouble caused, your frustration has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon about the further resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-19
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

I tested and nothing I do changes the “Poor RC Signal strength status. Since this is the second straight issue that I have had with my brand new Mavic 2 purchase and I already have lost weeks of usage with it along with the new racing goggles that I purchased; I’m hoping that I could just get a brand new complete replacement of the remote/drone combo from a better batch of release. Otherwise a full refund will work as well though I’d prefer to have the functioning new drone that I intended to purchase as quickly as possible. Thanks.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MurrayMav Posted at 11-26 09:22
I tested and nothing I do changes the “Poor RC Signal strength status. Since this is the second straight issue that I have had with my brand new Mavic 2 purchase and I already have lost weeks of usage with it along with the new racing goggles that I purchased; I’m hoping that I could just get a brand new complete replacement of the remote/drone combo from a better batch of release. Otherwise a full refund will work as well though I’d prefer to have the functioning new drone that I intended to purchase as quickly as possible. Thanks.

Hi MurrayMav, I see our manager has contacted you and suggested to send in the drone for another evaluation, please send in at your most convenience and our repair team will provide a proper resolution, thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-26 22:25
Hi MurrayMav, I see our manager has contacted you and suggested to send in the drone for another evaluation, please send in at your most convenience and our repair team will provide a proper resolution, thank you.

Yes- I sent my Mavic 2 in for a second time on Monday. I am hoping that "third time's a charm". Of course  I would have rather received a fully functioning aircraft with my first purchase but I am hopefully optimistic that DJI will come through with a solution that leaves me cheering from the rooftops and confident in this company still.
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MurrayMav Posted at 11-28 21:24
Yes- I sent my Mavic 2 in for a second time on Monday. I am hoping that "third time's a charm". Of course  I would have rather received a fully functioning aircraft with my first purchase but I am hopefully optimistic that DJI will come through with a solution that leaves me cheering from the rooftops and confident in this company still.

We also hope the drone will get addressed this time, if you need any further assistance, please post the case number here, thank you.
2018-11-29
Use props
Newfie_Flyer1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469 ft
Canada

MurrayMav Posted at 11-28 21:24
Yes- I sent my Mavic 2 in for a second time on Monday. I am hoping that "third time's a charm". Of course  I would have rather received a fully functioning aircraft with my first purchase but I am hopefully optimistic that DJI will come through with a solution that leaves me cheering from the rooftops and confident in this company still.

Following your progress closely. I have the same Poor signal  / disconnect issue, and I'm still waiting for an initial response from DJI. Good Luck.
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Newfie_Flyer1 Posted at 11-29 07:52
Following your progress closely. I have the same Poor signal  / disconnect issue, and I'm still waiting for an initial response from DJI. Good Luck.

Hi Newfie_Flyer1, sorry to know you have the same issue, please refer to my post in 4# for the brief troubleshooting first, thanks.
2018-11-29
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 19:53
Hi Newfie_Flyer1, sorry to know you have the same issue, please refer to my post in 4# for the brief troubleshooting first, thanks.

CROSS POSTED FROM ANOTHER THREAD.

UPDATE: This afternoon I received a case file update that my formerly brand new Mavic 2 was repaired with a new Camera Module and Axis Arm. While the fee is waived because it was obviously a manufacturing flaw, I am concerned that this isn't related to the issue that I sent the aircraft in for in the first place.

Did they also check / test the Poor Radio Frequency warning? How about the remote that I sent in? Has the issue I had with the new googles been resolved? All that the case file notes told me was that the "Yaw Axis doesn't align" and included a damage photo of the drone. This wasn't even part of why I returned it.

BEFORE YOU SHIP THIS BACK...Can you help me clarify that this third iteration of my, brand new, hardly flown Mavic 2 AND remote are at least as 100% functional as they should have been new outside of the box? I do not want to send it back in for a third time. Thank you.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MurrayMav Posted at 12-3 19:04
CROSS POSTED FROM ANOTHER THREAD.

UPDATE: This afternoon I received a case file update that my formerly brand new Mavic 2 was repaired with a new Camera Module and Axis Arm. While the fee is waived because it was obviously a manufacturing flaw, I am concerned that this isn't related to the issue that I sent the aircraft in for in the first place.

Hi MurrayMav, I managed to check the case that issues with connection or image transmission you reported were not found, I will escalate your concern again to the local team to double check, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules