Connection Cable for Nikon D5500 & D850
5486 12 2018-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DesBoucher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just bought the Ronin s, none of the cables supplied are compatibla with my Nikon D850 or D5500. All litereature and marketing says it was comapatible, not sure how I can use it without cable. HELP

2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DesBoucher, thanks for your support to DJI product, the corresponding cable of Nikon D850 is the MCC-B cable, please ensure live view on camera stays on when used with Ronin-S.
Currently, Nikon D5500 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, we are developing IR shutter control, please note our website of the future update, for more details, please check the compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20180920/Ronin_S_Camera_Compatibility_List_0920.pdf GTScreenshot_20181118_095156.png
2018-11-17
Use props
DesBoucher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have seen your compatibility sheet.

Have you actually checked the cable you are talking about?
It does not fit the D850

The Nikon D850 connector is a USB 3.0 this cable/connector is not in the box!!!!

Can you please sort this out please, your advertising and marketing is a shambles.
2018-11-17
Use props
DesBoucher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just checked on other forums. this has been raised many times, and not been resolved, so I guess my question is are Ronin, working on a solution (supplying the right cable) or are you going to continue denying there is a problem?
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DesBoucher Posted at 11-17 23:11
I have just checked on other forums. this has been raised many times, and not been resolved, so I guess my question is are Ronin, working on a solution (supplying the right cable) or are you going to continue denying there is a problem?

MCC-B cable is available to Nikon D850, could you please share me a picture of the connector in your camera, I will point it out, thank you.
2018-11-18
Use props
DesBoucher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2018-11-20
Use props
DesBoucher
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have sent this in before but looks like you have deleted it!!!!!
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DesBoucher Posted at 11-20 05:04
I have sent this in before but looks like you have deleted it!!!!!

No, I haven't received any pictures before, thanks for sharing the picture here, please check the picture below, the port that the red arrow points is the corresponding port that connects to the MCC-B cable. Please try again, thank you. D850.png
2018-11-20
Use props
Ryan Miele
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-17 17:55
Hi DesBoucher, thanks for your support to DJI product, the corresponding cable of Nikon D850 is the MCC-B cable, please ensure live view on camera stays on when used with Ronin-S.
Currently, Nikon D5500 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, we are developing IR shutter control, please note our website of the future update, for more details, please check the compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20180920/Ronin_S_Camera_Compatibility_List_0920.pdf[view_image]

Why can't the d5500 have a cable to control shutter, recording, and focus? I thought my d5500 was going to be compatible? But dji is only working on some unreliable ir shutter control? A lot of people out there want their Nikons to be able to pull focus from the focus wheel to get really cool creative shots. I have a polaroid model no. PLRTN that works with my Nikon using one of the ports, dji can use this same type of cable to control the camera right???
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ryan Miele Posted at 1-12 12:57
Why can't the d5500 have a cable to control shutter, recording, and focus? I thought my d5500 was going to be compatible? But dji is only working on some unreliable ir shutter control? A lot of people out there want their Nikons to be able to pull focus from the focus wheel to get really cool creative shots. I have a polaroid model no. PLRTN that works with my Nikon using one of the ports, dji can use this same type of cable to control the camera right???

Hi Ryan, Nikon D5500 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S currently, we are looking into possibilities of bringing more features, currently, we are developing the IR shutter control, for more updates in the future, please note our website, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-13
Use props
chasrb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109639 ft
United States

I have the MCC-B cable and I am unable to get it to fit into the bottom half of the USB3 connector. I have made many attempts. I don't want to over force it. The port shape and the MCC-B connects are not close enough in shape to fit.
2019-10-27
Use props
djiuser_bVk8z0Kt3xIQ
New

France

Après l achat du ronin SC aucun câble fournit avec me permet de connecter mon Nikon D5500
2019-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_bVk8z0Kt3xIQ Posted at 12-1 10:04
Après l achat du ronin SC aucun câble fournit avec me permet de connecter mon Nikon D5500

Nikon D5500 is not in the compatibility list, the compatibility cannot be ensured, sorry that we cannot provide more information such as which cable should be used to connect.
Ronin-SC is able to provide stabilization for the camera and lens with a total weight of 2 kg and below. However, the shutter of some cameras cannot be controlled by Ronin-SC. Please refer to the Camera Compatibility List on DJI's official website for more details.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules