548 4 2018-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Hi,
I was wondering how it is possible that I flied above alowable level of height if I sat it in application as a limit.
It seems that max height is absolute height above sea level, not from start point.
Am I right ? or there are GPS issues recorded before signal is stable.

2018-11-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, the aircraft measures its height above the take-off point, not sea level. In fact, it has no way of knowing where sea level is because it does not use the GPS to measure altitude. It uses a simple barometer to measure height.
2018-11-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

While all flying data is relative height above your launch point, DJI use the height above sea level for the Top Altitude shown on the flight records summary page.

Look at the data for your Top Altitude and find the flight/s from that day and you see that it shows the correct height above launch point for that flight.
Then check Google Earth to find the altitude above sea level for that place.
2018-11-17
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Labroides Posted at 11-17 15:22
While all flying data is relative height above your launch point, DJI use the height above sea level for the Top Altitude shown on the flight records summary page.

Look at the data for your Top Altitude and find the flight/s from that day and you see that it shows the correct height above launch point for that flight.

Thanks, that is information which makes me confident about that.
2018-11-17
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Altitude and height are 2 different meanings Height should taken from normal zero(NN) and altitude from the height we let the birds take off.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules