5.8 mhz problem
1433 13 2018-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nonthing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14642 ft
United States

I get a "radio channel interference " , and "poor' in the status of my Mavic 2 Pro
when I try to use 5.8 mhz. The 2.4 is fine . On the view status screen on the HD menu the 5.8 doesn't show any interference but I get "poor" in the upper left status drop down where it shows latest firmware and the the other status items . I can select 5.8 on my Mavic Air and all looks fine .
Any leads or anyone seen this ?
Thanks
Mike
2018-11-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. Can you please provide us a screenshot showing the issue? So we can check it on our end. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-17
Use props
Nonthing
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-17 15:41
Hi there. Thanks for the inquiry. Can you please provide us a screenshot showing the issue? So we can check it on our end. Thanks for your support.

Here are pictures of the app screens showing the good status for 2.4 mhz and the poor status with the 5.8 mhz , also if the status is poor and the HD is set to auto , why doesn't it change to the better frequency ?

2018-11-18
Use props
fanse87f8042
lvl.2

United States

I'm also having the same problems DJI can you help us
2018-11-18
Use props
Nonthing
lvl.2
United States

fanse87f8042 Posted at 11-18 06:29
I'm also having the same problems DJI can you help us

The exact same thing is being reported on other Mavic forums , so it is definitely a bug with in the app, or the Pro 2 firmware or a faulty component in the drone . which ever it is DJI needs to address this, too much money to spend and be told " don't fly too far way " by the app . OCCU SYNC 2 is supposed to switch to the best frequency so you should never see this type error in normal conditions .
2018-11-18
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

I see the same on 5.8 or dual mode. I have to use 2.4, It is weird because 5.8 does look cleaner with no interference. The bar all the way at the bottom just like the screenshot, but flight status always reports poor quality. It will not switch automatically. The sig meters will not show this. There are several threads about this.
2018-11-18
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

As the frequency increases and the transmitting power remains the same distance problems occur. High frequencies can not penetrate objects that are in their way as smaller frequencies do! It is the pure physical transmission of radio waves. 2.4 Ghz is more penetrable (even if it has many interferences because it is widely used) than 5.8 Ghz which is a clean spectrum yet for oblique to a direct visual link between the transmitter and receiver! (the transmitting aperture being close to the 2.4 Ghz range). Example? Network cellular work on 800Mhz/1.2GHz maximum for optimum connection--power--distance!
2018-11-18
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

5.8 shows clean. Cleaner than 2.4. Like line all the way at the bottom. I'm talking RC/AC disconnects less than 50 feet away. Not the cable and not the phone. I bought a new approved phone to make sure. Total loss of control from RC. Not loss of signal from phone to RC.
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nonthing Posted at 11-18 05:51
Here are pictures of the app screens showing the good status for 2.4 mhz and the poor status with the 5.8 mhz , also if the status is poor and the HD is set to auto , why doesn't it change to the better frequency ?

[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi, sorry for the delay. Can you please try to test it on different location? Thanks.
2018-11-18
Use props
mavic2pro
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-18 14:15
Hi, sorry for the delay. Can you please try to test it on different location? Thanks.

I already have, 4 different locations. If it was my location, my Mavic Air should show the same interference as my Mavic 2 Pro, but the Air has no problem. I have seen this exact problem posted on 3 different Mavic forums. There has to be a reason many are having this same thing. Also why isn’t a better frequency being tried when the poor one is found . The auto selection should never select this poor condition.
Thanks
Mike
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mavic2pro Posted at 11-18 14:52
I already have, 4 different locations. If it was my location, my Mavic Air should show the same interference as my Mavic 2 Pro, but the Air has no problem. I have seen this exact problem posted on 3 different Mavic forums. There has to be a reason many are having this same thing. Also why isn’t a better frequency being tried when the poor one is found . The auto selection should never select this poor condition.
Thanks
Mike

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-11-19
Use props
mavic2pro
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-19 09:11
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Thanks , I really appreciate you efforts.
Mike
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mavic2pro Posted at 11-19 09:18
Thanks , I really appreciate you efforts.
Mike

You're most welcome. I really appreciate your patience as well.
2018-11-19
Use props
photographermarbella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6280 ft
Czechia

did this ever get an answer?
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules