"You have the latest firmware"
897 6 2015-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

How does the system know you have the "latest firmware"? I don't usually have the pilot app connected to the internet so I am assuming that unless the Phantom logs into the internet itself, that it simply assumes you have the latest firmware based on the last time it was fetched from the net via the tablet. Is that correct? Or not?

2015-6-3
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Pilot is definitely able to connect to the Internet -- since it's able to show messages when new firmware releases are available, etc. When not connected to the Internet though, there is no way for it to get updated information. The Phantom itself is not able to connect to the Internet.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-3
Use props
gomezphotograph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157671 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having an issue updating my P3 transmitter to 1.9 bin. It does not seem to be reading the card. I was able to update my copter but not the Transmitter. I will try to do it through the copter and mini usb and see if it works.
2015-6-3
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Same here. I guess the update is just for the Copter.
2015-6-3
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.2

Canada

Firmware 1.9 is just for the phantom not the controller.
2015-6-3
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

phresh_5 Posted at 2015-6-4 10:12
Firmware 1.9 is just for the phantom not the controller.

Right. So I'm guessing that when the app tells me "you have the latest firmware" it may actually be lying altogether.
2015-6-3
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-4 10:14
Right. So I'm guessing that when the app tells me "you have the latest firmware" it may actually b ...

Is there a notification somewhere on the app of exactly WHICH version of the firmware is currently loaded on the Phantom  and/or on the transmitter?
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules